Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (GALS) continued

Kathy, *hangs head* I haven't seen 300 yet. There's no excuse....Thank you for the suggestions I'm adding them to my list of movies to get.

Suzie, WOW! I have got to see The Jury! He does look delicious indeed!

Christine, I just got Rock"N'Rolla, I had to watch it immediately and I loved it! Dang! I didn't watch the credits...that'll teach me...why didn't I watch it?? Is Law Abiding Citizen that graphic? Not because I mind but I want to make sure the kiddies are safely tucked in bed with no way to accidently peek at the tv.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kathy, *hangs head* I haven't seen 300 yet. There's no excuse....Thank you for the suggestions I'm adding them to my list of movies to get.

Christine, I just got Rock"N'Rolla, I had to watch it immediately and I loved it! Dang! I didn't watch the credits...that'll teach me...why didn't I watch it?? Is Law Abiding Citizen that graphic? Not because I mind but I want to make sure the kiddies are safely tucked in bed with no way to accidently peek at the tv.

"Law Abiding Citizen" is not as graphic as it could have been. It didn't bother me and I usually get bothered. BUT, I would put the kids to bed because one scene would scare them.

I see you don't have a siggy yet. If you are looking for one I have three left that I made and are free for the taking in the SPC. Scroll backwards on that thread, I don't remember the post number, and you will see a line of siggies that I have made. If you want one that no one has taken just post on the SPC which one you want and I will give it to you. Just thought I would let you know.

~HUGS~ Kathy

It's not gratuitously graphic like most horror movies but it's bloody at times. It's definitely not meant to be seen by the kiddies.

Posted Imagemy galfriends and sistars! I have to go to Chico this morning for my follow-up. Hopefully everything is healing as it should be. But the weather is finally behaving itself. I am hopeful that spring has finally sprung here in Northern California.

Diane, I'm praying for you sweetie and I will send you a PM this afternoon/evening when I get home.

Elissa and Suzie, do you remember our walk down to the base of Sundial bridge last year? Well, we would have had to swim it last week: Posted Image

Toni, Law Abiding Citizen is with Jamie Fox and Shattered is with Pierce Brosnan. Both are mandatory for any self respecting Gerry fanatic like us...lol. For these movies I would definitely check ebay first. Sometimes you can get a real steal on older movies.

Oh Suz, you have it worse than me. While I may react to mud like I'm allergic to it....it doesn't make me sneeze!! There is more to my story as well....but I'll tell you on the phone. Delene, I might have to look into getting some kind of doggie washer for my garage...because I do NOT want to go through that again!! lol

Frannie, how are you feeling today? I am praying hard that you have a comfortable day sweetie. Have you talked to Peggy? Have you heard if she get her package yet?

Kathy, don't be such a stranger to the SPC!!!! I love seeing you here.

hugs to all today.

love,

Sue

:thankyou: Sue. That means a lot to me. Sending you prayers and hoping that all is well for your follow-up. Glad your weather has improved. You would need a boat if it kept up!

Frannie: All the best to you and sending prayers for help and healing for you, galfriend.

:wave: to all the GALS and PALS.

Diane

Toni...Do you want to be called Toni or Tanya? You won't be disappointed with any of the movies mentioned above. Just make sure you see, "300". That will not be for the kiddies either but you will enjoy it. There is violence (cartoon-like) and nudity. But it is a great story and Gerry was awesome in it.

Sue...Now that I am home I will have more time to read other threads like this one. WOW!! That is some picture you posted. Too much rain does lead to flooded areas. What a shame! BTW, I have had two WHITE WestHighland terriers and I was always washing them, especially in the winter so I sympathize with what you went through.

~HUGS~ Kathy

Please excuse this interruption: If you or anyone you know would like to receive a free autographed copy of my book Chanson de l'Ange Book One~The Bleeding Rose, please visit my site. I will be giving away 3 copies through a Blog Hop, and all you have to do to enter is leave a comment on my blog! http://www.chansondelange.com

Thanks, ladies!

Swannie

Just stopping by for a quickie! :cunning: Where is he? :whome2: yeah you!! Have to see that gorgeous face and of course say hello to me girlies!

Sue, I talked to Peggy today and she is thrilled! She said what a surprise because I told her you just wanted to send a card! She also said she sent her hubby out as she wants to send you a Thank You card and drop a few lines....that's good for her. She needs to start communicating. Boy her and I are a pair aren't we?? My Mom (Our Rock) takes care of us all!

Toni, Welcome to Gals Sweetie! I'm usually on more and try to greet all our newly Gerry addicted Gals but I see you have been well introduced to our happy clan here! Also, as you know we never want to find the cure cause actually ....THERE IS NONE ANYWAY!! Once you get the Gerry juice consider yourself a goner! I see you from NC. Just so happens so am I and we have a few others here too...I'm from the Conover area which is closer to Charlotte! It's good to see a few more North Carolinians joining Gals! You've already seen what a beautiful group of Ladies we have here and we even have Pals as well....

Swannie, that's a great idea and you should have have a stampede posting on your site after that announcement! BTW, the site is GORGEOUS!

Just want to say Have a good week-end everyone and warm {{{HUGS}}} to those who need them and even to those that don't! We all need a hug now and then ...RIGHT?

:hearts: Frannie

Kathy, Either name is fine with me. My hubby calls me Tanya my given name and my parents called me Toni my nick name. I really don't have a preference. It used to bother me to hear Toni after my parents passed away but I'm better now. I think I noticed there's aleady a Tanya on the board? That's quite a bit of info just to say either name is okay. I'm looking forward to seeing '300' Gerry is awesome in everything I've seen so far including the interviews. (Yeah, I have it bad!)

Frannie, I'm thrilled to know that there isn't a cure. I'd have to go in hiding to avoid one at all cost. I'm from the other side of Asheville. A little town called Lake Toxaway. Okay, I have to ask..what exactly is Gerry juice?

Christine, Oh yeah we do! Just proves that we have great taste!Posted Image The first time I saw 'The Ugly Truth' I knew he was the guy for me. I adored Mike. My sister didn't like it and warned me against it because of the naughtiness of it. Only thing I can say if he was talking that way to me I would've dropped Colin a lot faster. And I can't even think about Gerry in 'P.S. I Love You' without tearing up.

Christine, Oh yeah we do! Just proves that we have great taste!Posted Image The first time I saw 'The Ugly Truth' I knew he was the guy for me. I adored Mike. My sister didn't like it and warned me against it because of the naughtiness of it. Only thing I can say if he was talking that way to me I would've dropped Colin a lot faster. And I can't even think about Gerry in 'P.S. I Love You' without tearing up.

OH YES, you are smitten alright, Toni!! I loved Gerry in PSILY and Mike is a favorite character of mine also. Naughty boy, but so charming and vulnerable!

~HUGS~ Kathy

I really do have it bad, Kathy! I just finished rewatching P.S. I Love You and he's so sweet and adorable as Gerry that I just want to hug him and as Mike I want to....well Posted Image

"The Ugly Truth" was on STARZ twice today so of course I had to watch both times!! I was in Florida for 10 weeks and just got back so I have been starved of Gerry movies. They were in HD which is better than my DVDs. *SIGH*

~HUGS~ Kathy

Kathy, I just watched 'The Ugly Truth' last night. That movie never gets old...then again none of his movies ever gets old!

Oooh and I love your avis! The one from the outtakes is hysterical!

That outtake is a favorite of mine. I laugh every time I see that. BTW, Cheryl (Paisleyscot) has a bunch of avis on her thread for everyone to have and use. Here is the link to that thread. It is 11 pages of fabulous avis that you can use. Enjoy!! Just right-click-save to your computer.

Paisleyscot's avis

~HUGS~ Kathy

:wave:Hi Galfriends!

Sorry my visits here are spasmodic but I get so behind in reading threads I have missed it leaves me no time to post, but you're all still in my heart and prayers, especially my 'old sparring partner' Frannie!

I'm taking a break from the dreaded Spring Cleaning, that means going through all the clutter Himself generates...'I need that screw/funny-looking-plastic-bit....it may come in useful sometime'.......it's like

:beat_dead_horse: you know what I mean Galfriends!

The family are on holiday in Florida but I don't get to rest, I spent Mothers Day in the garden taking down the rose arch as we are putting up a replacement, then I started on the garden shed and turned a deaf ear as Himself ranted on his way to dump his accumulated rubbish....I was glad when it rained!

Today has been a good day, convinced Mac to sit and revisit some Gerry movies. :snort:

Take care Sweet Galfriends,

big hugs,

Anna X

Anna...Really great to see you here again! I'm laughing over your trying to get rid of your hubby's "stuff". Believe me, it is a lost cause. Men LOVE keeping everything because they MAY NEED IT. LOL!! I just got back from 10 weeks in Florida and I rented a house in a British community. By any chance is your family staying in Davenport, minutes away from Disney World? I already found a gal on here who stayed in that same community and she lives on the Isle of Man. Hope your grandchildren are going to Disney World. My granddaughter, Emma, loved it.

~HUGS~ Kathy

HOLEY MACARONI!! I missed all kinds of stuff! Frannie--Lighting a candle for ya. I'd mail you cupcakes for snacking, if I thought it would help.

Well let's see...Toni there's no doubt, you just gotta get 'em all. lol

I'm still waiting on the Bureaucracy of the Red Cross to get there act together so I can get my transfer done. I have started selling off things on Craigslist and must have a yard sale soon. My husband sold his car, and got a motorcycle!! It's been a long while for either of us. He's been riding back and forth to work, reacquainting himself with it all. He convinced me (see poked, prodded, and pushed) into going on a ride with him, he managed to keep us upright and safe. lol I threatened him with celibacy if he wrecked us and I received any scarring. lol

Watched Bounty Hunter twice on Starz this weekend during their freebie viewing. I have it on DVD, but hey, it was on I had to watch it!

Okay, I gotta go finish cupcakes for work.

Anna,

I can relate so much to you and your hubby's treasures. As I have been cleaning out also (seems like it has been forever)and I have found things that I have no idea what they are for, or what they belong to or have ever belong to. Some are funny shaped too!!! Oh well treasure our men - believe me, they are one of a kind!!!

It is so nice to see you Anna, I try and check with Frannie often, keep her in all our prayers so they, as soon as can be, give her the much needed help for her to be her sweet, caring, feeling great self.

Stacey, I concur with you about watching Gerry's movies on cable - we own them, but feel a duty to watch them when they are aired. Go figure - I guess we have a bad case of GALS!

Take care all,

Hugs, Barbara