Gerard Butler GALS
Paisleyscot

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (GALS) continued

Hi GALS...Elissa glad you had a good time in New Orleans,that is actually one of my favorite cities in the US.My family over in Southern Ala. were complaining about the cold as well.We had snow with little accumulation for 3-4 days here.And when I say little,I mean a dusting.It wasn't fun driving in it Christmas Eve(had to take the boys to their dad). And now we may get severe weather Friday night.crazy Southern weather.lol

Well,lets see..I'm single(not dating that guy anymore).My kids are well,one threw up last night but I think it was something he ate because he's fine now.*crossing fingers and toes*My ex is shipping out in a month and a half and has finally decided for the first time in 7 years to be nice and cordial.Strange*cue twilight zone music* I am still working on figuring out what to go to school for,am now considering paralegal because I've been told that I'm good at looking stuff up and I should be a lawyer because I'm good at arguing lol...I don't want to be a lawyer but I'll file papers for the lawyer,that's quite enough for me.So will start looking into that this Spring.

HUGS all around.

Hi to all! I hope everyone had a great Christmas (if you celebrate it) or just a nice winter day if you don't. We survived the rains that drenched CA the week before Christmas. We got a little more this week but not too bad. The rest of the week should be nice but cold by our standards (high temps only in the 50's and lows into the 30's - BRRRRRR!!!!) I don't think we are going to do anything this year for New Years Eve, unless we finally drag our butts out to a movie (something we've not done in months). Now that my severance pay has run out we have to be really careful about spending since unemployment only covers about the amount of the mortgage payment and everything else will have to be paid from savings. Beginning next week I am planning to make FINDING a job my full time job until I'm successful. I might be able to get some temporary or contract work until the right full time job comes along.

I hope everyone has a wonderful, safe and happy New Year!!

Best of luck to you in finding a job*fingers and toes crossed*

*My ex is shipping out in a month and a half

HUGS all around.

Andrea, could he take my ex daughter in law with him when he goes??? Peleeease!!!!

My B2 is still a very sick little boy. I didn't have time to post here before I left but a week ago my B2 had to be taken by ambulance to the hospital. He had a temperature of 104.9 and had a seizure from it. I turned out to be pneumonia. Now he is not quite as bad as he was (Christmas day I sat up in bed and held him all day in a semi reclined position to help his breathing)...sometime that evening his fever finally broke but he still has the pneumonia and will be on respirator treatments every four hours for the next week. My ex DIL (who sometimes I could just kick in the sorry ARSE) got him back Tuesday night and she was suppose to meet my son with B2 yesterday at the doctors. She was a no show and wouldn't answer her cell phone until late yesterday afternoon. Apparently she had taken B2 to the delta to get her car worked on. She let him play outside, apparently without his jacket because she told Bryan she left his jacket at the delta and she needed him to bring her another one. She also said his shoes were all wet and to bring over dry shoes. SOOOOO...she let her three year old baby who has pneumonia play in water without a jacket. Needless to say when Bryan took B2 back to the doctors this morning his condition had worsened. Fynn (my 1 year old grandson and B2's half brother) now has a bad cough and so as a precaution the doctors put him on antibiotics as well. So please...your prayers are still needed my friends. My son definitely has his hands full right now. Thank God he had already planned on being off work until after the New Year and with his job has the freedom to stay home even after that if he has to (which looks like he will have to). Toni (Fynn's mom) just found a really great job a few months ago and so she has to go to work. Of course whatever viral/bacteria infection B2 has that caused the pneumonia he lovingly shared with his grandma and so I'm sick as well. But I went to the doctors yesterday and they put me on what the doctor said was the most "kick arse" antibiotic on the market....lol. Anyway, needless to say my holidays this year could be labeled as sucky....lol...but there is always next year!

Elissa, I'm glad you had a great time in New Orleans....

Susan, I'm praying you find that perfect job sweetie.

Jill, call me when you get the chance. Hopefully we may still be able to get together. I shouldn't be contagious after 24 hours on the antibiotics.

Jenn, I'll be glad when you are finished so we can see you again my friend...lol. I can only imagine how busy your life is right now!

Well, I never did get back here to wish everyone a merry Christmas but at least I can wish everyone:

Posted Image

Posted Image

hugs,

Sue

Sue...I will talk to you about your situation in your PM. I won't let it fly here!!

~HUGS~ Kathy

Sue...yes,he can take her with him.I will try to refrain from "letting it fly"and keep my conversation on the un-colorful side.That sort of behaviour that endangers a childs health angers me.so,so very much.I deal with that sort of thing from my ex.He has dropped the ball with the kids' health so very much.This last time was the last straw and i contacted my lawyer who contacted the CPS,he let our sons who are gluten and milk intolerant,eat cupcakes and drink milk products at a Christmas party and let his mother feed them wheat products and our eldest was the most ill I've ever seen him,I nearly had to take him to the emergency room for dehydration,had to use syringe to get fluids in him.

So I will rejoice when he is gone.Which sounds bad,but I want my kids to be healthy. And your ex-dil is a *&%^ for letting a baby with pnuemonia get wet and cold.That is *&%$# ridiculous!goodness. You hang in there*HUGS* I hope you feel better soon too.

Sue, I'm so sorry that B2 has been so sick, and that you and Fynn also got sick. I hope that you all are completely well soon! As for B2's mother..... :( 'nuff said! :lalala:

Posted Imageeveryone!

I am not even a parent myself but those who are so brainless or thoughtless as to endanger their children just enrage me. I've seen it too many times in too many families. Sue, I am so very sorry your holidays were so messed up and that you and the poor babies are suffering. May you all recover quickly and have a brighter, healthier New Year.

Thanks to all for the well-wishes on the job front. I'm still very confident that all of this happened for a grander purpose and that I will soon be directed to exactly what that purpose may be.

Fortunately, Sue told me about the DIL situation over the phone so I was able to vent my spleen out of the public eye! That woman should have her parental rights terminated! She is much too self absorbed to be a mother and she has shown that from day 1! OK, don't get me started again!

I just came on to wish all my GALfriends and PALfriends a safe and Happy New Year. Party on, but use your head...you are all too precious to me to have anything happen to you!

Suzie

Just dropping in to wish you all a very Happy New Year and hopefully for those that are not sorry to see 2010 go bye bye ......that your 2011 will be stupendous!!!

Susan, I'm so keeping my fingers and toes crossed for ya Sweetie! 2011 could very well be the year you find an even better position that you had before! :kiss:

Sue.....I already expressed my opinion about that #@%$^ X- DIL of yours on the phone...well I could have been more explicit but I was trying to maintain my Lady Likeness!! *ahem* I hope you get a much needed good nights sleep Sweetie and I'll talk to you next year! :wave:

:hearts: Frannie

I too want to drop back by and send love and best wishes for a great and wonderful 2011 to one and all.... you ladies are the best and my life is far richer for having found this site and all of you.

Sue! Goodness girl, your health has me concerned too! However, I now feel better that I haven't contacted you as I've been laying here hacking and blowing and not wanting to contaminate YOU! We will in the next 10 days figure it out --- even if it is an Outback dinner -- and a little later than Christmas...we will carry the Christmas spirit in our hearts (to quote good old Scrooge 2.0). Besides, we have to plan for this Burns Night thing! However, re:DIL -- I think she should have a future in space exploration. Isn't there a Mars explorer leaving soon? Could I help fund one? But may I quote Andrea (who put it so eloquently)? &*%$*^%$*% ok... done. Keep us up on how B2 is doing -- and Fynn. And many thanks are due that Fyn's Mom has found a great job .... (that little ray of sunshine...)

Susan, I am so glad you have had time to enjoy and relax to prepare you for these next weeks as you look. Many blessings in that search and many more on you and yours.

Suzie, Elissa, Jen, Andrea, Kathy, Fran, all those I've forgotten to mention, all those I don't know yet..... many blessings for a contented and prospering New Year.

May your first footer be a tall (6'2" ish), dark, stranger :stranger: the first through your door -- bringing health, happiness, and luck (and a snog or two...I can dream, can't I?)...

Much love, Jill

It is now 2011 and I don't feel a bit "different!" Don't know if that is good or if it is bad.

I just wanted to let you know I am still "around" and am so sorry to hear the not so good news

from some of you but happy to hear good news from others. Just know my thoughts, prayers, and

well wishes are with you all. Might the NEW YEAR be good to all of you!

Hugs,

Judy

................Still waiting for the "first footer"................

............Hope it's not the UPS guy!

Suzie

Well,my sisters bf was our first footer and he is tall and dark headed.So I guess that counts? I hope you all had a good New Years and have a prosperous new year.Last night I did something I rarely do.I stayed out till 3 AM ! But then again I was also the Designated Driver since I don't drink.So I had the lovely job of chauffering drunk folks home :) But as I told one guy "Either you let me drive you home or I'm calling your Mama" lol

Happy New Year!

ANDREA! HAHAAAAA That's a scream I bet that gentleman got in the backseat when threatened with MAMA! HAHAHAAAAA I love it. Hope your evening was wonderful!

And Suzie! I am waiting for my first footer too --- I may have to call in the chimney sweep!!!

Love to all

Jill

Yes,he did indeed get in the back seat and said and I quote "Oh mannnn*grumbling*" to which I replied "Look,you have 3 choices..#1I can drive you home #2 You can get pulled over at a check point and get a DUI or #3 you can have a wreck.I'm taking you home." 15 mins later I left him walking up his drive way lol

I will say,I'm feelin my late night,my body is like "What the heck were you thinking staying out that late?!!" lol

Edited by Andrea~mc

HAPPY 2011 TO EVERYONE! :cheer:

I hope everyone had a good holiday season and those who didn't have it quite so good will have it better as time goes on.

Good job being the designated driver, Andrea! I hate hearing about people being hurt or killed because of drunk drivers.

G'day to you all.

Mousie :wuv:

Happy New Year and all the love and hugs left in me! LOL

Bad, bad little Nordic moi.... :unsure:

EM! I hate that we have to wait a year to hear from you! How are you my friend? Hope all is well with you and yours. Miss the heck right out of ya! But sooooo glad you got to pop in for a few secs anyway.... Hope this new year brings you all the joy, peace, happiness and prosperity you so deserve Sweetie! Take care and please try and get back to us more often!

Happy 2011 Galfriends!

Frannie

Edited by ladyfran

:wave: everyone! Well, everything is getting back to normal after the holidays. As soon as we've eaten all the left over cheese, crackers, and other assorted junk food left over from New Years Eve I'm going back on the weight loss program. I wondered why my paycheck was so low last time, then realized that I only worked 24 hours in the whole 2 week period. :bonk: I'm back to 36 hours a week now! I was off work today and I paid the bills and cleaned out the refrigerator. I also bit the bullet and scheduled my annual pap smear appointment. I'm seeing a new doctor. I hope I like her. I've also decided to sell my car. It's a 2001 Focus that needs lots of minor repairs. I'm going to sell it at Car Max and drive our minivan (it's an extra car we've used mainly for vacations) until I can pay off enough bills to afford a new car. I'm going to use the money I get for the Focus to pay off a credit card.

Hi, EM! Great to see you here again!

Hugs to all!

Happy New Year to everyone.

I don't get in here very often, but dropped by today to say hi and hope

everyone had happy holidays. Hope Santa was good to all. He didn't

bring me Gerry again this year. I think I'll quit asking for him, HAHAHAHAHAHA.

I'm sorry to hear about all the problems with grandchildren. I cannot tolerate

anyone abusing children, animals or older people. All I can say is that He*l isn't

half full yet and I'm sure the devil has a place for them all one day soon. In my

opinion there can be no forgiveness for allowing any of these to be harmed in

any way. God has entrusted their care to us and I'm sure his tolerance for

lack of that care is far less than my own.

Anyway, my compassion is with everyone who has to deal with these kind of,

I'll be kind and call them people, and my prayers are with the ones being not

cared for properly.

Love to all and a very happy and prosperous New Year to everyone.

Love him absolutely,

Sandy

:wave: Thank you SO much Me Lady ;) AND Lady Elissa! :kiss:

I only rub shoulders with the upper class it seems... :funnyup:

Just caught the making of that commercial... :faint: *Drags limp bad moi out of the thread*

Hugs and kisses from Eva Mari :wuv:

Oh EM, I love it when you sneak in here and visit.... Posted Image

Well, my B2 is getting better (thank you Lord). He has to go again next week for another chest x-ray but the doctors said yesterday that they truly believe that this will be the one that shows the pneumonia is completely gone. Thank you so much for all your love, support and prayers.

NOW, it's the beginning of the new year and I think this place needs some new pictures on the wall!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

hugs,

Sue

Happy six days after New Years! Better late than never I hope!

Sue - glad to hear B2 is on the mend, hope you are too. Thanks for the lovely decorations, just what we needed for the new year here.

EM- hope you will pop in more often, even if just for a bit, because we really do miss you around here.

I've been sending in my resume on jobs all week, I'm encouraged because I've gotten calls from three recruiters, two of them out of the blue and one in response to my resume. I have a feeling in my core that 2011 is going to be a special year and all signs keep telling me to be patient, that I will know when the right thing comes along. I've been trying to do some housecleaning too - not all of it literal housecleaning as you'd know if you dared step foot into my messy abode! But I've been handling money matters, making sure that I can sustain my bills for as long as possible on what is in the bank and what is coming in from unemployment. It bums me that the COBRA subsidy was only in place for those who lost their jobs before 6/1/10. I lost mine 3 months too late to qualify so I have to pay the full shabang and it amounts to half of what my mortgage payment is! Ouch!!

Eva Mari! HUGE boob squishing hugs to you - (well, ok, itty bitsy boob squishing hugs, but I do try!) It's a treat to see you!!

Susan, you are a heck of an asset to any job you take on, whether professional or private. I feel you will be able to pick and choose not only a job that will bring you financial security, but also personal fulfillment! That's just the kind of GAL you are!

Sue, I'm so happy to hear B2 is better. God bless him! Give him hugs from Auntie Suzie. You have to do it for me cos I gave all my hugs to Eva Mari already.

Elissa, I'm gonna miss your wee little car. However, I look forward to the time you will be able to get the car of your dreams!

Hope everyone is staying out of trouble so far in 2011. We have lots of year ahead of us to get into mischief!! ;)

Suzie