Gerard Butler GALS
Paisleyscot

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (GALS) continued

AAWWW Thanks Galfriends! I'm slowly getting better! These attacks take a lot out of me but I will survive! :cunning: Anna thank you for the special Hug Sweetie!

Sue, sounds like your dance card is full Hun! Good, you deserve some fun time ...only wish i was going with you guys!

Love to all of you and have a great week-end Ya'll! :D

:kiss:Frannie

Edited by ladyfran

Right on Burma ... I will see you in Vegas Baby!!!

:tantrum: I hate that I have missed sooooooooooo much goodies!! I promise to be more attentive this year.

I miss my GALS but thanks to Kathy and Sue, I have been in touch as much as possible. Lots of 'stuff' been happening this year. But I will make sure I am here more often after I finish the 'Gerry II' statue for Gerry himself.

School was a mess this past semester due to a fire in the glass blowing room and all gas and acetylene was not able to be used. Also no bronzing. 'Gerry II' is almost ready to be prepped for bronzing. I will finish him in Palm Springs this next few months. I had hoped to be closer to Sue in Redding,CA, when I got to PS, but no luck, still too far away! 'Course she could come to be by me in the warmth and bring a bunch of GALS with her; hint, hint, hint!!! I would love that. I will be in PS for at least four months. I'd consider coming to the convention being that close but my daughter is getting married on the 2nd of June to her fiance' of 7 years. No money for a wedding so they have had to put it off. If something happens and the wedding doesn't get to happen, again!, I will see if I can go to the convention and just stay anywhere I can. I just want to meet my GALS and have some Gerry fun. We'll see what happens.

Gotta go to bed. Still cleaning my room out for a wee bit of re-decoration by my daughter and her friend while I am gone.

Love to All My GALS always, :kiss: Been missing Ya's

Joanna :wuv:

I bought my plane ticket to Vegas!

I am sooooo totally in love with your siggy GAL!! Those eyes and the way he turns....YEOWZA!!!

Jo

AAWWW Thanks Galfriends! I'm slowly getting better! These attacks take a lot out of me but I will survive! :cunning: Anna thank you for the special Hug Sweetie!

Sue, sounds like your dance card is full Hun! Good, you deserve some fun time ...only wish i was going with you guys!

Love to all of you and have a great week-end Ya'll! :D

:kiss:Frannie

Sweet Frannie, :wuv:

I am sorry to, finally, hear about your illness. I will put you in my prayers again right away. I was making orns for everyone until the wee snowpeople took off like hotcakes at my girl friends job. So now I have a few orders for some already, so on the plane to PS I will be crotcheting wee hats and scarves for them. Your beautiful artwork, siggy's and wallpapers, are still as awesome as ever. I have kept all mine and every so often I look at them and marvel how, not only the art work, but how well you portrayed him for me. You're still the bomb Babe!! :yay:

Take care of our Frannie for us,

Love Ya much, :kiss:

Joanna

I bought my plane ticket to Vegas!

I am sooooo totally in love with your siggy GAL!! Those eyes and the way he turns....YEOWZA!!!

Jo

I agree, Joanna! Cheryl outdid herself on this one. I might have to keep it up longer than usual just to enjoy the stare.

Hi everyone! I'm so excited! My daughter, Erin, has been selected for the "40 Under 40" honorees by the Irish Echo newspaper! Her award will be presented in New York City next month! She and I are going! I just made travel and hotel arrangements for the 2 of us. I was also able to get 2 tickets to "The Phantom of the Opera" on Friday night while we're there! Woo Hoo! :yay:

Hi everyone! I'm so excited! My daughter, Erin, has been selected for the "40 Under 40" honorees by the Irish Echo newspaper! Her award will be presented in New York City next month! She and I are going! I just made travel and hotel arrangements for the 2 of us. I was also able to get 2 tickets to "The Phantom of the Opera" on Friday night while we're there! Woo Hoo! :yay:

Now see! This is when I wish I was in NY....We could meet up and take in POTO together!! Darn Darn Darn! BTW...I am stomping my feet ya know! :p Congrats to Erin and hope you have a fantastic time Sweetie!

;) Frannie

Now see! This is when I wish I was in NY....We could meet up and take in POTO together!! Darn Darn Darn! BTW...I am stomping my feet ya know! :p Congrats to Erin and hope you have a fantastic time Sweetie!

;) Frannie

Thanks, Frannie! I wish you were in New York too!

Hi everyone! I'm so excited! My daughter, Erin, has been selected for the "40 Under 40" honorees by the Irish Echo newspaper! Her award will be presented in New York City next month! She and I are going! I just made travel and hotel arrangements for the 2 of us. I was also able to get 2 tickets to "The Phantom of the Opera" on Friday night while we're there! Woo Hoo! Posted Image

Now see! This is when I wish I was in NY....We could meet up and take in POTO together!! Darn Darn Darn! BTW...I am stomping my feet ya know! Posted Image Congrats to Erin and hope you have a fantastic time Sweetie!

Posted Image Frannie

Frannie, POTO is still playing at The Venetian in Las Vegas! We could plan to go during the convention! I've seen it in London, New York, Chicago, and Ft. Lauderdale, and would love to add another to my list. Being a "stage production" snob is why I waited so long to see the film version. Now I appreciate them in different ways. Of course, G's performance will always be the penultimate IMHO!

Hugs,

Burma

Thanks, Frannie! I wish you were in New York too!

Posted Image Erin

and Posted Image to you proud mama! I know you two will have a blast.

As a matter of fact, I was just talking about you....Jill and I just had dinner together and she was asking about you and Suzie.

hugs,

Sue

Thanks, Sue! We're both really excited! It's a great honor for Erin and it will be our first trip to New York! :)

Have you ever read where "my location" is? So you know I will be with you in spirit dear.

hugs,

Sue

Elissa, I am so happy and excited for Erin and you. We want lots of pictures, woman!!!

HI JO!!! So happy to see you here!!!

Suzie

Congratulations Erin....you'll have a blast in New York......love that city!

Don't forget the Big Apple Greeters who volunteer to take tourists around the city...free!

hugs,

Anna X

Hey guys, if you haven't heard, one of our GALS, Erica78, lost her home and a beloved kitty to a fire earlier this week.

To make this whole situation even sadder, Erica is a newlywed and was living in the family home where she had lived since she was eight years old. It was a total loss.

I want to remind you of our "Sunshine Fund" which was established to help out members like Erica in a time of need. If you feel able to make a small contribution, please go to: http://www.gerardbutlergals.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4389&st=0&gopid=1460272entry1460272. See post 22.

"Anyone wishing to help Erica during this time may send donations to the Sunshine fund via Pay Pal at sunshinefund@gerardbutlergals.com . Specify "Erica" in the notes.

Or you may send contributions to (Please specify "Erica" in the mailing.):

GBGALS Sunshine Fund

c/o Susan Payette

P.O. Box 17915

Irvine, CA 92623-791

Every little bit helps!

Suzie

Did anyone else see Moira being interviewed at the Golden Globes?

Posted Image Erica. I hope that the small donation that I and others make on your behalf can help ease what you must be going through right now sweetie. I couldn't imagine losing everything to a fire, especially a beloved pet. Thank God that you and your hubby are ok. Please keep in touch and let us know how you are doing.

Thanks Suzie for the information. Hopefully between all the GALS we can help brighten Erica's burden right now.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday and that we all get to see the man tonight IF he shows at the Golden Globes. My sister in law is coming over and we're going to watch it together and pull for Colin Firth...we went to see his movie the other day and both of us thought he so deserves to win.

Jo, Posted Image ....it's so good to see you here dear. I know I'm being very selfish ... but I'm kinda hoping your daughter's wedding date is changed and you get to come to Vegas!

hugs,

Sue

Well, LOTS of folks have been here! YEAH. And now -Elissa! What a wonderful thing for Erin AND for you! Congratulations!

I did have a wonderful dinner with Sue last night. It is never often enough nor long enough --- but fun and exciting for all that. I promise you, it was like the entire group of you were right there with us!

I am trying to get my act together for Vegas... we'll see. I surely do want to be there.... and it was soooo much fun before.

Gotta go. I'll try to call you tomorrow Sue . I went to see the King's Speech OH MY IT WAS WONDERFUL! Here's hoping for Colin Firth!

Lots of love,

Jill

Hi there Jill. :wave:

Here are a few of my favourite things this wet day across the pond,

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImageGood Morning Galfriends!

hugs,

Anna X

:wow2:Hail! Gals! I know I haven't been around much, I try and pop in now and again. It's a new year, and it looks as though we survived the last one fairly well. To those who have been ill, I hope all is well now! To Erica, I'm sorry to hear about what happened. If I could send something to help I would. Things are just so tight around here. Ya'll know how it goes. :comfort:

I have been blogging on here. Set it up a couple months ago. Please feel free to read it and offer advice, support etc... I could kinda use it.

I am working out almost everyday, trying to stay on track with my diet. The weekends are killer, always want to go out to eat. I'm going to reach my goal this year. I have to.

My mom tried to commit suicide this week. If you read my blog you'll learn about it there. She is mentally unstable, as she suffers from depression and has Borderline Personality Disorder, and this last year has been very hard on her.

Her illness gets out of control, and now she's locked up at a mental health facility.

I think I come here, to check in with Gerry and to escape even for just a few minutes.

And let me tell you, this is a great place to be! :drink:

My birthday is next month, yikes! And there's much to do this year. I'll keep ya'll updated on the blog, and if you add me on Facebook I'd love to be your friend!!! (it's under my name...stacey seyler)

Have a fantabulous day all!

Stacey.-I am so sorry to hear about your mom.I hope things get better for you and your family this year.

Gals,I am without internet right now.am at a place with wifi,hopefully it'll be back tomorrow sometimes.

Also,sorry to read about what happened to Erica78 I'll see what I can do.

Also,sorry to read about what happened to Erica78 I'll see what I can do.

Hey, Gals! It's been a while since I've been here, I know. I've been telling myself it was time I got my keester back here, but real life has gotten in the way a bit. Also, can someone help me find out where this pic is from??? It's killing me and I'd really like a proper quality one that isn't screencapped from a Youtube video. Lol.

Posted Image

I searched and searched the gallery, but I couldn't find it anywhere.

BUT, onto other news, on Friday morning I will have a new family member ariving. Her name is Jasmine, and she's now 8 weeks old. Golden Retriver just like Ori.

In October while my brother was visiting for the first time in three years, we recieved a devastating phone call. The doctors have said there is nothing more they can do for my nephew, and we shouldn't expect him to see Christmas. Well, Christmas came and gone and I received my miracle. He's even seen until almost the end of January, so all I can do is laugh at the doctors. He still has so much fight left in him, and I only pray that one more miracle can be seen - it will take a miracle or a breakthrough cure being discovered. The miracle is the more possible outcome. :(

In some OTHER good news - I'm flying up to the US in August! So yes, I will be leaving the land of red sand and well...at the moment half of it is covered in water and rubble which my brother is still trapped in (he's okay...just stranded on his street with no power) to venture to what I personally consider greener pastures. Hey, we may have just flooded half of our country, but you guys still get more rain than we do! I'm stopping off in London to see Michael Crawford in the Wizard of Oz - another lifelong dream forfilled - and then flying to Canada to stay with Katie and her family. (yanksnstripes) and if all goes well, I'm going for my Juilliard scholarship audition by next year.

I have to say, I won't miss Australia. There's not enough to keep me here anymore, and there's too much I need to leave behind. Starting fresh, starting anew, and going to be happier than I have been in a LONG time. I know I haven't been here in a while, but rest assured I HAVE been keeping watch on Gerry's fiascos (I search about 3 times a day!) But other than reading articles it's just been sooooo busy as you can tell. But it's going to be SO great to catch up with you all.

Edited by Melodie

I'm absolutely not an expert, Melodie, but that picture looks like a Manip to me. I may be wrong (not a surprise) but I don't think Gerry posed for it at all.

Suzie

Well that might explain why it wasn't in the gallery. A pity too, because it's a gorgeous photo. I wonder where the original is from then?

Thanks, Suzie. I spent over 5 hours trying to find it even going through google images to no avail. If anyone can help me find the original, I'd be most grateful! I wanted to use the pose in a wallpaper I'm working on. With or without the deckchair prop.