Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (GALS) continued

Hey there and hello! Hope all are well and happy -- (what with deployments and a seeming breath between massive storms)! Sue! The laundry saga! This HAS to be better than 6 weeks --- even if we all have to show up and help you dry the clothes by fanning them! Here's to great job interviews.

And here's to Gerry! Dang do I like those pictures from last night! I love the longer hair :johnnie: --- now, I adore the shorter hair too :stranger: ! But keep on bringing more pictures like the ones from the King's Speech party!! Hurray for all of us to have pix like that!

Love to everyone. Elissa, Suzie, Sue, Andrea, Susan, Anna, Michelle, Stacey, all those near and all those far --- love love love ya..... :sword: and yeah for the kilts too!!!!!!!!

Jill

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:wave: to all

Just wanted to pop in and say I am still here now and then. Just getting over a bad bad head cold with sinus infection, etc and all that. :sick: I went to my physician and got meds for it right away this time instead of letting it get worse. Either way it takes me about 2 to 3 weeks till I feel good again when I get this stuff. In the meantime my 9 month old granddaughter (the one I babysit) and her mommy/my daughter got sick. Daughter has strep throat which I did not have and baby seems to just have a nasty baby head cold. All are on meds and I am hoping and praying the baby will not get the strep throat. Today I went back to babysit since they have been on meds for several days now and are not contagious.

I have not had time to read all the posts but send prayers, hugs, and love to my galfriends in need of them. :hearts:

We have been so lucky in my state to miss a lot of the snow and ice that many are having but :whiteflag: enough already of this winter for the USA. I am so ready for spring and summer to get here! :watchclock:

Gerry, if you only knew how much comfort your pics of vacationing in sunny gorgeous Hawaii helps to warm things up around here. :ohbaby::Milo4:

:hugs:

Diane

:wave: everyone! I'm really not happy today! After having a plumber here twice already, the :curse: hot water is off again! :fook: When the plumber was here on Monday he replaced a part on the water heater but said that since the heater is 10 years old, we should consider replacing it. Here it is 3 days later and the :curse: thing is off again! We have a call in to the plumber. Good Sport says he's going to have him replace the heater. Every time we start to get a little ahead on our savings, something like this happens! :gah:

Anyway, enough of my ranting! :bonk: I hope you all are having a wonderful day and staying warm, maybe even soaking in a nice, hot bath while reading a hawt romance novel! Which is what I was planning to do until....well, you know the rest! :boohoo:

Diane, I hope you and your family feel better really soon! :hug1: You're not the only one who's had enough of winter! Come on, Spring! :drink:

Hugs to all!

Diane, after being sick for almost two months I can so sympathize....I hope you get better real soon sweetie.

Elissa, :comfort: what a pain in the arse! Hugs for you my dear.

hugs to all.

love,

Sue

Thanks, Sue! Plumber just left. Said he thinks last night's high winds blew the pilot light out, so we're gonna wait and see before investing in a new water heater. Keeping fingers crossed. :)

Hey gals.Elissa sorry about your water heater,hope you don't have to replace it.Home repairs can be so costly.

Those who are sick and have been,so sorry.Hope you feel better.

I and the boys have been sick.Had to take Ethan to the ER Tues night,he was misdiagnosed with bronchitus when he actually had the croup and he woke up in distress at 2:30 AM with his lips turning purple,gave him a breathing treatment and rushed him to the hospital.Scariest moment of my life.:( The the last 2 nights,I have been in the ER with an allergic reaction to antibiotics given to me for an ear infection...which.I don't have.I was also mis diagnosed(same doctor).Pretty mad about that.I have gotten steroids the last 2 days,and have been on benadryl around the clock and now zantac because it's also a hestamine blocker.I am going to the doctor tomorrow for a check up(I have a rash from head to toe.sexy I know lol)It is really horrible.ugh.I need to stay cool to minimize the itching but it's Winter and lying in my room with minimal clothes gets really cold,really quick.lol

Well,gonna go put some more lotion on my itches here in a few.Hugs all around.

P.S. Loving Gerry's hair.

Andrea, I hope you and the boys are better soon! Croup attacks can be really scary! You must be miserable from that drug reaction too! Do you remember the name of the medication? That's also really scary that the same ER doc misdiagnosed both you and your son. I wonder how many other times he's misdiagnosed someone. He should be reported to the ER director. Anyway, :hug: and the kids!

Good morning my sistars!

Well, it has been like spring for the past few weeks and today I am getting my carpets professionally shampooed and it's nasty, windy and raining...lol...it's the Irish luck I know it!

From Thursday on, I have been so busy....Bryan and Fynn came up (B2 was with his mom) to give Toni a break and for Bryan to do some chores for me...well, he was my hero this week....replaced my kitchen faucet set, cleaned my garage, cleaned the pump house and pump and fixed the pool sweeper. He also was able to use wood clue and fix the handcarved "The Dever's" sign Dan'l had made for us many years ago. It broke in half last month and it was really upsetting to me...I couldn't throw it away; but I didn't think it could be put back together either...but Bry did it. Anyway, they left yesterday afternoon. Fynnigan started sneezing Saturday and getting a runny nose and I KNEW that didn't bode well for me....lol. YUP, woke up with a stuffy nose and sore throat this morning. Such is life.

Andrea, hon, I can only imagine how ROTTEN you must feel right now. It's hard enough being sick; but with two sick babies as well. I hope you have some help sweetie. Posted Image

Elissa, so was it just the pilot light blew out? I hope so.

Posted Image

everyone!

love and hugs,

Sue

Sue, I'm glad Bryan was able to come and help you out. It's almost impossible to find a handyman to do stuff like that. I'm sorry you caught another cold. Hope you and Fynn are better soon. Regarding the water heater, so far so good, so this time, maybe it was just the high winds that blew the light out. We'll see. :)

So sorry to hear how many of you are sick - Andrea, hope the rash is going away and that you aren't itching anymore. I agree with Elissa about reporting the doctor who misdiagnosed both of you. Hope your son is doing better too. Sue, sorry to hear you are catching another cold - I guess that is the way it goes when you are around the wee ones, but a willing price to pay.

The dryer got fixed right away (yay) and today is not just Valentine's Day but laundry day. We are still trying to catch up from the 6 weeks we had no washer and were just hand washing the essentials.

It is still sunny here but the rain that Sue is getting now is on its way to us probably by tomrrow. We've had such beautiful weather for the past couple of weeks, just perfect and why I love living in Southern California.

I've now had 4 interviews in the past 2 weeks. One job offer came through but it just wasn't the right one for me so I had to turn it down. I won't know until next week about the one I am really hoping is the right one. The CFO is on vacation this week so they won't do round 2 of the interviews until next week. If it is where I am meant to be maybe I'll know before my birthday at the end of the month. THAT would be a most amazing birthday present!! I'd appreciate anyone who still wants to pray for continuing God-shots that are helping to guide me to where my career is meant to go next.

It wasn't the ER doctor that misdiagnosed,it was a doctor at the local d's office and i called them.And I told my doctor today when i saw her(he was her substitute). They are putting me on 5 days worth of steroids,which means I have to be extra vigilant about my blood sugar(have low blood sugar) and some prescrip. benadryl that I won't be able to take during the day because it will knock me out. I don't have any help most of the time unfortunately.

Sue,I am glad Bryan was able to come and help you out.

Susan,I hope you find the job that's right for you.

Elissa,hope the water heater holds :)

I hope everyone had a great Valentine's Day! I had red velvet cake with whipped cream *yum*. :yummy:

So happy that Gerry signed on for HTTYD 2! :pointy:

Love the new pics at the premier of Coriolanus! :faint:

wow all kinds of craziness in our lives so it seems. I and my husband both came down with colds, had to go to the doc to get treated. I think my body just decided that it had had enough with the constant stress and broke down. I have been feeling run down for weeks. My mom is settling in with her sister, and her meds seem to be helping her keep a lid on her imbalances and her emotions. It's been a relief to not have her calling and crying constantly.

I have been struggling over the last couple weeks with my eating addictions. Again, stress and too much access to the naughty/trigger foods I love. I started the cake decorating classes, and there has been cake and more cake and frosting everywhere! I am spending this week hitting Overeater's Anon online, and working on getting control over myself this week. I need to be getting back to the gym, however I've discovered that I really don't like going alone.

My schedule being 3rd shift, doesn't allow me to work out with my friend. I tried finding work out partners online, like Craigslist, but they don't follow through. I'm way behind on my goal, like 20 lbs behind and find myself dissappointed and frustrated. I can't seem to find the motivation to get back at it, despite the above issues. I'm hoping OA will give me the support and encouragement I need.

I promised to work on self-improvement this year. I'm doing a lousy job of it! I have promised myself to try harder.

On Gerry related stuff... The long hair is growing on me. I'm guessing he is needing it for movies

That he is filming in the future. but as long as he keeps it washed, I'm okay with it. lol

It will be interesting to see him cut it all off again. It's always such a drastic change. I'm

holding my opinion on Coriolanus until after I see it. I can't wait for MGP! And am so happy about HTTYD2!

Hey everyone.Just a quick stop by.I'm recovering finally.They have me on ALOT of oral steroids for 5 days,I've 3 days,my poor fingers are polka dotted from checking my blood sugar so much lol

Stacey,hang in there and goodluck with your future weight loss.I know it's a hard road,but you can do it.*hugs*

I probably do agree Mouse....I just don't know because there is no picture sweetie...

I'm sick again! Another head and chest cold. It must have to do with one week we have almost summer conditions (in the 80's!) and this week we have this:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

God is good. My daughter Darla dropped by in the morning to bring her sick mother some soup and get well stuff and she got snowed in with me (that's her in the one picture going out to get something from her truck)......so while I was snowed in for 24 hours at least I had company...lol.

hugs,

Sue

Sue, I'm so sorry you're not feeling well, but I'm glad Darla was there to fuss over you. Aren't we all having freaky weather everywhere? 80s one week and snow the next? Sounds like Texas! :p I hope Erin and I don't get sick. We're going from 70s temperatures here to probably 20s and 30s in New York City next week.

@Andrea - glad that you are starting to get some relief from that bad reaction.

@Sue - sorry you are sick yet again, but glad you had someone there to help pamper you through it a bit.

@Stacey - glad your mom seems to be doing better and I'm sure you can find the motivation you need at OA. I would have a real problem doing cake decorating because I LOVE cake too much (I was the kid who drove her mom crazy because she loved to bake but as soon as she made the frosting for a cake I was trying to eat it all out of the bowl - she'd have to make extra in order to have enoug to cover the cake and keep up with my appetite for it)!

@Diane - hope all are on the mend in your family now.

@Elissa - I hope you and Erin have the most AMAZING time in NY and that there are no snowstorms while you are there.

@Mousie - :wave: that cake sounds yummy! And that picture of God does bear a striking resemblance to King Leonidas as portrayed by GB!

The God Shots do keep coming in my job search, to the point it nearly brings me to tears (in a good way). I really appreciate the prayers and good wishes. I was going to call about the job that is looking so perfect to me, just to follow up on Tuesday but got tied up on some planning for our Vegas gala, and didn't get to make the call. Then instead they called me and asked me to come in on Thursday to meet with some of the staff. I felt like that went very well, and at the end of it was told that unless something "suprising" came out of those meetings that I would very likely be called in next week for the final interview with the CFO again. I was told I was one of 3 already and next week it will be just #1 or #1 and #2 if they are still undecided. In the meantime last night I got to talk to a couple of CPAs I know, one of whom knows the company where I turned down the offer and what he said made me even more certain that it just wasn't the right corporate culture for me and had I accepted the offer I would likely have been miserable there in no time. The other CPA was talking to me about a job that I've been called about by a few different recruiters because on paper I am the ideal candidate. They've been trying to fill the job since October and are very picky. They've never even asked to interview me, and I found out that they are a company that expects their employees' work to be their lives - they work 12 to 15 hours every day, and most weekends too. That is absolutely not what I want either, so it was another God Shot that despite all the recruiters thinking I'm perfect for the job the company did not see it (and neither do I)!! I will know the answer by this time next week and I'm continuing to turn it over and say a prayer that if it is as right as it feels it will all come together.

this week and weekend went well, made a couple meetings online. Started the gym again. Coming to terms that while cake is not evil, it is tempation. I had much fun baking and cooking this morning! I had to cook food for meals for the week, working 3rd makes it hard to prep dinner everyday, so I spend Monday mornings in the kitchen taking care of stuff for my family for the week. I had to bake a cake for my final class on Saturday, had leftover batter so I made cupcakes to bring to work. I decided that for the next class that I will probably use cake forms (made of styrofoam) instead of real cake. It will keep the sweets out of the house!

I had my haircut off this weekend. It was long and red. I didn't want it cut very short, but the girl I went to F*$^ed it up. Not my usual stylist(out sick), I almost hurt her. I wanted to kill her!! I kept telling her my hair is wavy, don't cut too much it will shrink. Don't cut off more than shoulder length! But she made an error and had to cut it off. Now it's at the nape of my neck. I didn't have to pay for the haircut, but I was very upset. It took all day yesterday and today to figure out a style that looks alright. I also dyed it brown. I'm going back to my natural color and that is the first step to that.

so I went to the store today, and noticed the swimsuits are out already. I about had a panic attack. Anyone else? :gah:

Well, I best get back to work. At least I have a 5day weekend!

:wave: everyone! Greetings from the San Antonio airport, where I'm sitting with my daughter waiting for our flight to New York. We got here early and sailed through security, even though I was singled out for the random scan with the new xray machine. I passed the scan and heard no laughter, so I guess it was ok. :funnyface:

Susan-still praying that the job search will yield the perfect job for you soon!

Andrea-glad you're feeling better.

Sue and Stacey-hope you're feeling better. And, Sue, that you're weather is back to normal!

Stacey-If someone did that to my hair I think I'd have to hurt them! :( I know hair grows back, but in the meantime you have to live with the results. Hugs!

:wave: Mousie!

Hugs to all!

Edited by Lady Elissa

Greetings all and sending up prayers where needed.

Elissa, you and Erin have a fun, safe trip! Try and keep out of trouble in the Big Apple, OK?

All's well in San Antonio. I'm trying to adjust to life with two dogs, which is proving to be less fun than I thought. I think Butler is a cross between a Bichon, a poodle and a live electric wire! Good grief, he has energy! Poor Teeny has her wee paws full with him. If she has a toy or chew stick, he wants it, even if he as an identical one. I spend most of my time acting as mediator between the two of them! Oh, and I have a book about Bichons which announced that they are just about the hardest breed of dog to house train, Um, that appears to be true. It says it could take up to 18 months before they can be considered trained. That gives me over a YEAR to pick up poop on my carpet. NOT GONNA HAPPEN! Anyone got any ideas???

Hugs to all my GALfriends!!

Suzie

@Suzie - wish I had words of advice but I ony have kitties and I still don't consider the male (who is nearly 15 years old) housebroken, or box broken.

@Elissa - have a fabulous time in NY with Erin. I hope the weather cooperates!

@Irish - hope you aren't snowed in again, I was seeing video of Northern California on the Weather Channel this morning and it looked like LOTS of snow. Did your cold go away?

@Stacey - I am sorry about your hair - I'm not sure I could go to a new stylist especially for a really drastic change. I've had the same stylist since I moved to Orange County in 1995. He knows my hair so well, but I've had it short since I divorced my ex in 1988 (he only liked longer hair, so one of my acts of independence from him was getting it cut very short, and it has been ever since).

We had rain last night but today it is just showers on and off. I'm glad because I'm getting together with most of my local girlies to celebrate my birthday for lunch today. Tomorrow I'm supposed to have lunch with my half-sister.

I was getting anxious last week because I didn't hear about the job I really think is where I'm supposed to be. So on Thursday I called just to ask about the status (figuring even if the answer is no at least I would just go on looking elsewhere) and they set up the final meeting for me on Monday. I am praying this is when they will make the offer. I honestly cannot remember any time in the past when I was so excited about a job, feeling it was such a perfect fit. All the prayers have helped so much and I really appreciate them. If I get the offer on Monday I will let you all know. Ever since I was laid off I had this gut feeling that I would start at a new job in March. I am finding that the more I keep the door open for divine guidance the more of it I receive.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. I'll be watching the Oscars tomorrow, even though I don't think I've seen any of the nominated movies this year. I am going to try to see either The Black Swan or The King's Speech later today.