Gerard Butler GALS
heISmyGspot

12/28 - Paisley Twins Meet Movie Hero

TWINS Stephen and Nicholas McGhee got an early Christmas surprise when they bumped in to Hollywood hunk Gerard Butler in a nightclub.

The boys, from Paisley, were having a few drinks with friends in 29 Private Members Club, Glasgow, when they spotted fellow Buddie Gerard, who is originally from Ralston.

Gerard – who has starred in films including 300 and PS I Love You – was back home in Scotland to enjoy a low-key Christmas with family and friends.

Stephen and Nicholas, who live in Lochfield, noticed that one section of the club was busier that the rest on Christmas Eve and wondered why.

Stephen told the Paisley Daily Express: "One part of the place was quite busy and we couldn't work out why. Then we realised it was him.

"We initially asked him if we could have our picture taken and he said he would come back to us in two minutes, and walked away. We never thought we would see him again, but he came back and came over to our table and asked us if we still wanted a photo.

"So we said hello and told him we are from Paisley and he said he was originally from Ralston." ...

Posted Image

Remainder of the story may be found at the Source

These kinds of stories always give my ovaries "warm fuzzies" :wuv:

Yep, it looks like Gerry is getting the recognition he's been longing for in his native country! Posted Image

Never heard Gerry mention Ralston, had to google it and apparently it is to the west of Paisley.

Chris

thats gerry all over always happy to have a photo with people, sign autographs and generally have a good chat. i notice that a lot at his premieres ive been to in london. he tries to see as many fans as time will let him and generally has a fun time with everyone. after all he respects and appreciates his fans greatly .

Thanks for the story & I had not ever heard Ralston mentioned before, either.

I think Gerry will always be that Scots boy, no matter where his life takes him.

Is it just me, because I don't recall ever seeing his whereabouts posted so often when he's been in Scotland. There's been no shortage of sightings & many, many positive comments, but it's been very surprising to me. I guess it's the age of Facebook & Twitter, but it's just seemed unusual.

I hope Gerry's enjoying his time back home. That's what's important.

Ren

It's DEFINITELY the "mobile social media"! Gone are the days when one had to be physically seated at a computer in order to get online. In today's world, not only do most people have cameras built into their phones, they've got the ability to transmit the images almost instantly!

If I could meet Gerry, my ovaries would be doing the spazzy dance! Heck I'm sure they were doing the spazzy dance earlier while watching TIMELINE when Marek was shirtless and talking that guy into going because he spoke French. I guess even Gerry's pleading eyes work on the guys as well. I couldn't/wouldn't tell Gerry "no" to almost anything he asked. (breaking the law or getting intimate with a woman. Other than that, I'd do ANYTHING Gerry wanted, I think)

It's not just you Ren and Holly.

Seems this time around G can't lay as low as he has in the past.

Technology, love it or hate it, it's here to stay.

Cheryl

On one hand it must be great to finally be appreciated in his homeland but downside it was one of the last few places he could blend in and not be bothered.

I'm with Ren that it has surprised me how all of a sudden there has been a big explosion of people rushing to FB\tweet about Gerry in Scotland. It's not so much that Gerry is finally on the map it's more the Scots usually don't give a toss about celebs.

I do think unfortunately most people are realising social networking is the future lol you either embrace it or get left behind. How many people find they are in contact with their friends more on things like Facebook and Twitter than by actual phone/face to face these days?

Moira

That was so very nice of him. I am sure that was not the only picture he posed for that night.

I love that he is finally given the respect that he deserves at home. It

must be especially special for him knowing that the Brits don't fuss

over celebrity the way the rest of the world does. He must feel

really special. Anyway, I'm glad he is recognized everywhere now.

It must be wonderful for his Mum to know he is so popular around

the world. I know she was disappointed when he got out of law,

but she has to be so very happy that he has made so well in the

world. She doesn't seem to mind the celebrity surrounding him

when she is with him. She just beams with pride.

I hope he got to spend some private and special time with his

family. It does keep him grounded. You know, no matter who

you are to the rest of the world, you are always yourself to

your family and closest, especially childhood, friends. You

always get to be yourself around those who really love you.

Love him absolutely,

Sandy

He seems to be one of the true gentlemen and one who will go out of his way for his fans, regardless of the imposition that it must be on his time and privacy! To me that is amazing!

As for ovaries ... hell my whole body experiences warm fuzzies lol