Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
GBPhanatic

Question about my bandwidth

Just in the last couple of minutes, two of my avatars and my signature went to a display that says the bandwidth is too large? What's up with that? I never did anything to change them.

Could someone with a greater knowledge of these things please explain?

Thanks so much!

Delene

Delene, that has to do with your PB account. As a regular member of PhotoBucket you're only allowed so much bandwidth.

You either have to clean out some of you PB pics and videos or upgrade to Pro which is a yearly fee.

Cheryl

Delene, that has to do with your PB account. As a regular member of PhotoBucket you're only allowed so much bandwidth.

You either have to clean out some of you PB pics and videos or upgrade to Pro which is a yearly fee.

Cheryl

Thanks Cheryl. I just got their email. I'm cleaning it now. Funny how they just now decided I'm over when I haven't added anything new in the last couple of months. I guess they're just like a lot of services right now trying to figure out new way to make things so people have to pay a fee.

Delene

Edited by GBPhanatic

It depends on how often your PB images are displayed, too. So, if you're posting a lot and your signature/avis are being displayed more often, this will have an effect on your bandwith usage. If you're posting pictures and people are clicking to view them, this also affects bandwith. Hopes this helps.

Well I don't understand this. I've cleaned out a lot of stuff from my photobucket and have added nothing new since this happened last. I even have a couple of new siggies in my document files that I haven't put in there yet and now they're saying I'm exceeding banwidth again. Doesn't make sense. Interestingly enough, I am one who does very little with photobucket. They keep trying to "sell" me some program or something to increase the size of storage. I removed enough stuff the other day to take it down to just a page and a half and still it doesn't help.

So it has to be what Holly says. I'll just have to cut back on my posting I guess if that's what's doing it. The only images I display are my siggy and avatars but I guess with everything else anymore, they always figure out someway to make you pay. I'm not computer savvy enough to use the photobucket for anything else. It's always something!

Delene

If you want to try and figure out where you stand on bandwith, which items are "costing you" the most bandwith, etc., click your screenname after you log in to PB. It will present a drop down menu, click "account settings," then click "account status." Scroll down and click "see all stats." You'll have 3 "views" available (there are clickies to the top, right). "View files" will provide chart detailing where your images are being displayed, how often each image is viewed, etc. "View albums" indicates which albums are viewed the most often. "View account" will provide your bandwith and storage use.

You're right inasmuch as it's a money-making gimmick for PB. By using a free version of PB, you're limited to 10 "GBs" (snort) of bandwith per month. The size of your graphics, animation, etc. will obviously affect your bandwith usage. If you find yourself exceeding your allowance, you may want to consider removing one of your avatars. :confused:

Holly

If you want to try and figure out where you stand on bandwith, which items are "costing you" the most bandwith, etc., click your screenname after you log in to PB. It will present a drop down menu, click "account settings," then click "account status." Scroll down and click "see all stats." You'll have 3 "views" available (there are clickies to the top, right). "View files" will provide chart detailing where your images are being displayed, how often each image is viewed, etc. "View albums" indicates which albums are viewed the most often. "View account" will provide your bandwith and storage use.

You're right inasmuch as it's a money-making gimmick for PB. By using a free version of PB, you're limited to 10 "GBs" (snort) of bandwith per month. The size of your graphics, animation, etc. will obviously affect your bandwith usage. If you find yourself exceeding your allowance, you may want to consider removing one of your avatars. :confused:

Holly

Thanks, Holly, I'll give it a try. I don't even know what "GBs" is. I know it's giggabyts or something but I'm so dumb at first, I thought they were talking about I could only have ten photos of Gerard Butler (GB)! Seriously! YOU HAVE EXCEEDED YOUR GERARD BUTLER AND MUST DELETE! Ain't that the truth!

Delene