Gerard Butler GALS

The rig-out

gerrynutsnap

Hi hi

It's January and usually the lists of posts SQUEEEEEing about the con starts so I'll go first.

Anyone got any thoughts on what to wear for the Be your own Hero ball???

Possible suggestions

Traditional comic strip hero's, supergirl, batgirl........you get the idea

Movie hero's, Lara Croft, Tank girl.....

Book hero's, Anne Frank, Claire Randall.....Sookie Stackhouse who knows

or maybe you'd be someone who inspires you...........or even yourself?

Any ideas yet?

Snap xx

*mods if this post needs to be moved please do so

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I think I have the perfect thing for Friday night, can't wait to wear it. Then for Saturday I got lucky a year ago and found a great dress, very island-like, on clearance. It needed a small alteration but now it fits great and will likely be my dress for the gala, probably with a cute pair of silver sandals.

Are most people planning on wearing tropical dresses on Friday and/or Saturday or some kind of costume since the theme is "Be the hero" I can't decide which way I should dress on Friday night. If more people are leaning towards heroes, I'm looking at Queen Gorgo costumes(a tasteful one...don't want to flash anyone). I just need Gerry to show up as King Leonidis. :p:cunning:

The "costumes" are island wear and they are for Friday Night this year. Saturday is the Gala, and that is our dressy night.

So looking forward to seeing you, sweetie.

Suzie

I got my dress ordered and on the way, earrings - check, bracelet - check, floral hair clip - check. All I need is shoes for both nights soirees and order the dress for Saturday night. I know which one I want, just waiting on refund and losing more weight to buy it. I'm so excited! :woo::wave::vegasbaby:

• 1 month later...

Christine, I want a floral hair clip to match my dress for Friday night, but I don't have enough hair to keep one in! Dang! Saturday I am wearing a very pretty long dress with a wee jacket, both of which are beaded. As for shoes, sandals for Friday, silver dancing shoes for Saturday! :kisswink:

Suzie

Christine, I want a floral hair clip to match my dress for Friday night, but I don't have enough hair to keep one in! Dang! Saturday I am wearing a very pretty long dress with a wee jacket, both of which are beaded. As for shoes, sandals for Friday, silver dancing shoes for Saturday! :kisswink:

Suzie

You always looks so great.

On Friday night, I'm planning to wear a long, loose, beach dress with sandals, and some seashell jewelry. I have the dress and the jewelry, but still need to find the right shoes and bag. On Saturday night, I plan to wear something dressy, but don't know what yet. I'm in the process of losing some extra pounds that have crept up on me...sneaky little buggers... :p I have a couple of things in mind, depends on what size I am next month. :)

Well, I'm planning on wearing a more casual black dress on Friday and a dressier black dress on Saturday. I guess my hero is the man in black, Johnny Cash....lol.

hugs,

Sue

• 2 weeks later...

:funnyup:

I just found a really pretty black cocktail dress on eBay for a price I couldn't resist, so I'm planning to wear it on Saturday night with silver shoes, evening bag and jewelry. I already have the accessories and shoes so I'm all set for Saturday unless there's a problem with the dress when it arrives, but it's new, with tags, and the size and measurements look right. Now, to find those sandals and straw bag for Friday! :D

I'm still in the process of looking :doh:

I'd like to find something "Beachie" for Friday night and of course something dressy for Saturday.

I'm with you Elissa, I'm still loosing some weight, so I want to wait until the last week or so to buy something.

Can't wait!!!!

Hugs,

Cheryl

Cheryl, I actually did go ahead and get a dress on eBay, but if its measurements are right, it will fit. They style is such that it won't matter if it's a little loose. Better loose, than too tight! ;)