Gerard Butler GALS

Auction

ginnywhit

This year I'm going to donate a basket for the Auction. It will include a Andre action figure doll from Timeline. A DVD of Timeline. A 5 x 7 pic signed by Gerry from Timeline. Coasters with Gerry's face and a trinket box with Gerry's face on it. A nice tote bag with Gerry's picture on it. Some random pictures of Gerry.

I do have a nice photo album, tell me what you think about the album???? I will probably ship to the hotel and bring it down to the meeting Thursday night.

So excited. I have such fun in making things "all about Gerry".

Also, Piers Morgan on his show asked, "If you could do anything over again, what would that one experience be? I thought and thought. The birth of my first child? My wedding day to John? No, I'm sorry to say I'd have to go with the LAC premiere....Is that bad of Me??? LOL

Until June....Giny :pointy::yummy::wave:

Edited by ginnywhit

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elissa and I also have three gift bags of Gerry goodies ready to go as soon as we hear where to send them. One is POTO, one is TUT stuff and one is Gerry stuff.

I too shall start saving for the Marek basket. You can't have too many Mareks, right? (Gerry M. does not agree - too bad!)

Suzie

I can't seem to get a clear picture of Gerry from Timeline to go on cup. Holly knows about the cup problems....so I'll have a coffee mug with Gerard's picture that is just as dreamy! :pant:

The siggy piggies know what I am donating, but I guess I should make it official. I am making a Celtic aran afghan in the "Burridge Lake" pattern out of superwash merino wool (very soft) which will be the color of Gerry's eyes. Here's the afghan pattern:

Posted Image

Here's the yarn:

Posted Image

If by some miracle I finish this in time, I will also make a lace shawl in a thistle pattern which is the National Emblem of Scotland. If I do not finish, I would be happy to donate the shawl to be made after the convention at the earliest possible time. Here is the pattern:

Posted Image

The example is done in shades of green and the traditional thistle color, which is a heather-pink/purple. The color can be altered if desired.

Huggles and looking forward to my first con!!

Burma

WOW Excellent Giny and Burma!

Posted Image

For anyone who would like to put a basket together for the auction please feel free to do so!!!

We always NEED items. Baskets can be Gerry related or not! Also individual items are very welcome.

We can either auction them off separtely or combines items to make a basket.

Remember all proceeds go to The Shade Tree Shelter for woman and children!

Cheryl

Ginny, I just had a mug made with a Gerry pic at Walmart.com and when I was ordering it the site said that the picture wasn't good enough quality. I ordered it anyway and when it came today, it was PERFECT. Whatever program the company uses isn't always correct. Here's a pic of my mug:

Posted Image

The picture doesn't do it justice. It's absolutely perfect. I used the HQ version that Cheryl posted, and then just cropped the calendar part out so I knew they had to be wrong - and they were.

So I just wanted to share that just because the computer said it's not good enough resolution, doesn't mean it's right.

Lsia

I can't seem to get a clear picture of Gerry from Timeline to go on cup. Holly knows about the cup problems....so I'll have a coffee mug with Gerard's picture that is just as dreamy! :pant:

I can personally attest that Giny's "cups" are TO DIE FOR! I've been the lucky recipient of two of them -- both are my prized possessions. Even my sons know not to mess with "momma's Mr. Gerry cups"! :)

Buffy, I'd KILL for that thistle scarf! WOOT!

THANKS FOR YOUR GENEROSITY, GALS!

I wish a miracle would happen and I would get to go to the convention,

but I seriously doubt that will be.

Please be sure the convention is on the site again this year so I can

at least be a far away part of it.

Unless there is a money miracle as well I won't be able to bid but I

can dream long distance and see all of the wonderful items and be

a part of the joy of the convention.

Love to all of you for sharing your Gerry time with me. Last year

was so much fun.

Love him absolutely,

Sandy

The siggy piggies know what I am donating, but I guess I should make it official. I am making a Celtic aran afghan in the "Burridge Lake" pattern out of superwash merino wool (very soft) which will be the color of Gerry's eyes. Here's the afghan pattern:

Posted Image

Here's the yarn:

Posted Image

If by some miracle I finish this in time, I will also make a lace shawl in a thistle pattern which is the National Emblem of Scotland. If I do not finish, I would be happy to donate the shawl to be made after the convention at the earliest possible time. Here is the pattern:

Posted Image

The example is done in shades of green and the traditional thistle color, which is a heather-pink/purple. The color can be altered if desired.

Burma

That sounds beautiful, can not wait to see it.

If time permits I'll try and have a 300 basket with action figure and DVD and other things....seems like it may have to wait until 2012.

Giny

Posted Image

Here's the yarn:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Burma

That sounds beautiful, can not wait to see it.

If time permits I'll try and have a 300 basket with action figure and DVD and other things....seems like it may have to wait until 2012.

Giny

Thanks, Giny. The picture of the yarn color isn't exactly WSIWYG, but some of the Gals who've met Gerry have verified the color for me. I couldn't possibly figure the color out from photos, because his eyes change color constantly! I think the idea of theme baskets is really cool. I may need to get a second mortgage before I get there!

Hugs,

Burma

I wish a miracle would happen and I would get to go to the convention,

but I seriously doubt that will be.

Please be sure the convention is on the site again this year so I can

at least be a far away part of it.

Unless there is a money miracle as well I won't be able to bid but I

can dream long distance and see all of the wonderful items and be

a part of the joy of the convention.

Love to all of you for sharing your Gerry time with me. Last year

was so much fun.

Love him absolutely,

Sandy

Sandy, honey, I wish I could put you in my pocket and take you along. I'll start praying for your miracle GF!

Hugs,

Burma

Ginny, I just had a mug made with a Gerry pic at Walmart.com and when I was ordering it the site said that the picture wasn't good enough quality. I ordered it anyway and when it came today, it was PERFECT. Whatever program the company uses isn't always correct. Here's a pic of my mug:

Posted Image

The picture doesn't do it justice. It's absolutely perfect. I used the HQ version that Cheryl posted, and then just cropped the calendar part out so I knew they had to be wrong - and they were.

So I just wanted to share that just because the computer said it's not good enough resolution, doesn't mean it's right.

Lsia

Hey GF, that mug is gorgeous. Aren't you the clever one! I'd love to have a car decal (one of those vinyl kind that stick on from the inside) that says, "this car powered by Gerry juice!" I have a VW beetle and think that would be sooooo cute. I'd get a license plate holder, but I already invested in a nice VW one after my previous plate was stolen!

Hugs,

Burma

I can personally attest that Giny's "cups" are TO DIE FOR! I've been the lucky recipient of two of them -- both are my prized possessions. Even my sons know not to mess with "momma's Mr. Gerry cups"! :)

Buffy, I'd KILL for that thistle scarf! WOOT!

THANKS FOR YOUR GENEROSITY, GALS!

Oh me too, Hol. That is gorgeous.

• 3 weeks later...

Seeems like I will be able to get together some 300 items for auction. June is just around the corner.

Good to know. I'll try some they say won't work!Giny

Posted Image

Lsia

Hi ladies,

I would love to come to the convention, but it's a long haul for me... I tote around my totebag from last year's convention for all to see :-) I'd certainly like to help out in some way.

I was out shopping yesterday and noticed a number of Gerry movies discounted to $10 (e.g. Gamer, PSILY, LAC, Shattered, etc.). I wouldn't at all mind picking up some and sending them down for you gals to add to any baskets, prizes, etc.

Let me know and get them ASAP before they're gone :-) Posted Image

Veronica :-)

Hi Gals, :wave:

Thanks for the support on the aran afghan and the thistle stole. I've finished about 3 feet of the afghan, but I really do need the encouragement to keep going. It is absolutely beautiful and I plan to post an updated photo in the next day or so.

I may start the thistle stole while still working on the afghan to give myself some variety.While the end result is satisfying, the afghan can become tedious at times.

It is heartwarming to see so many gals putting on their thinking caps to come up with ideas. I hope we raise a nice chunk of money, because I'm sure it is needed more than ever in this rotten economy.

Hugs,

Buf

Hi Veronica, Was that in Walmarts or another store? So i can check it out here. cheers.

Stuart

Hi ladies,

I would love to come to the convention, but it's a long haul for me... I tote around my totebag from last year's convention for all to see :-) I'd certainly like to help out in some way.

I was out shopping yesterday and noticed a number of Gerry movies discounted to $10 (e.g. Gamer, PSILY, LAC, Shattered, etc.). I wouldn't at all mind picking up some and sending them down for you gals to add to any baskets, prizes, etc.

Let me know and get them ASAP before they're gone :-) Posted Image

Veronica :-)

It was in Zellers. There are loads of movies for $5 in Walmart too, but I didn't get a chance to have a good look, but I'm sure that some Gerry flix are there...

Let me know :-)

Ciao,

VeronicaPosted Image