Gerard Butler GALS

Coriolanus at FEST (Belgrade Film Festival)

http://www.fest.rs/2011/press_clipping.html

This is a link to press clippings about FEST. There are references to Coriolanus opening at the FEST but I cannot make out any more details (4.1.2001. and 12.1.2011). I was hoping that maybe Miss Bgd or someone else could provide a translation. Unfortunately the program of the FEST is not available yet.

Theresa

Site in English: http://www.fest.rs/2011/index_en.html

The article is also on Blic-online (I can't find it in the english version of Blic online)

Running it through translators is confusing due to syntax so it would be wonderful if MissBgd would be able to help out- but she hasn't logged in since early December, so we may have to 'wait'!! :D

Site in English: http://www.fest.rs/2011/index_en.html

The article is also on Blic-online (I can't find it in the english version of Blic online)

Running it through translators is confusing due to syntax so it would be wonderful if MissBgd would be able to help out- but she hasn't logged in since early December, so we may have to 'wait'!! :D

Well, I'll try and see if I can contact her privately. Also the Group I work for has a company in Serbia so I can ask my Serbian colleagues on Monday. I already had a Director translating a couple of interviews by a certain Serbian "model" so this is far less embarrassing. :-) Come to think of it, you should have seen the poor guy's face when three ladies (myself included) were hanging on his every word and he had to translate what that lady was saying, hilarious! His face was priceless. Then again he got to be in the same club as Gerry in Belgrade and saw Gerry for a whole night so he shouldn't complain.:-)

We'll keep ypu updated.

Hugs,

T

Hey girls :)

Really LONG time no see -- I've been quite busy lately, and wasn't able to actively participate in our conversations here on the forum. :unsure:

Ok, let's get to work -- regarding FEST (International Film Festival) in Belgrade:

Nothing specific is being revealed in this article (from Blic) -- Domestic theatrical distributor of the movie is hoping to bring 'Coriolanus' to FEST. They are planning to have movie premiere on FEST, which will be held in Belgrade, from 25th February to 6th March 2011, and thus fulfill the promise given by the selector and artistic managers of this festival during Fiennes's stay in our capital last year.

'Coriolanus' will have its world premiere in Berlin, where this British-Serbian co-production will be shown out of competition.

The introductory press conference, regarding the upcoming festival will be held on Wednesday, 19 January 2011. I'm hoping that all the speculations and rumors will be confirmed then. Fiennes was a special guest of the last year's FEST -- we would certainly love to see him again in Belgrade. And Gerry too, but that goes without saying :bouncydrool:

I will keep you informed and post whatever I find regarding their possible visit.

:rose: :rose:

Thanks GALS! I'm just itching for this movie. Sadly I suspect I'll have to fly to a "real city" to see it. I do hope RF at least makes it to Belgrade for the FEST.

*virtual chocolates to Teresa and MissBgd* Thank you ladies for the help in translating and clarifying. KB~ I'm with you...I seriously doubt that a film as intelligent will make it to Casa Grande AZ.

Fortunately, the rural area I live in lays between two towns almost the same distance from me. The one to the east is more farming, college town and a nearby air base thrown in and to the west is a more upscale suburban area. Black Swan didn't play to the east but definately did to my west. Who knows what determines target audience for certain films.

Thanks for the translations!

Delene

It's now official: 'Coriolanus' will open this year's FEST (International Film Festival) in Belgrade (February 25th-March 6th 2011). This was confirmed at the introductory press conference yesterday. Ralph Fiennes also confirmed his arrival, but nothing was said about Gerry and his possible visit :( I'm still hoping he'll surprise us and unexpectedly arrive at the premiere. :faint: :faint:

'Coriolanus' will have its world premiere in Berlin, where this British-Serbian co-production will be shown out of competition.

:wave:

It's now official: 'Coriolanus' will open this year's FEST (International Film Festival) in Belgrade (February 25th-March 6th 2011). This was confirmed at the introductory press conference yesterday. Ralph Fiennes also confirmed his arrival, but nothing was said about Gerry and his possible visit :( I'm still hoping he'll surprise us and unexpectedly arrive at the premiere. :faint: :faint:

Thanks Tamara!

This is great news. I just saw the announcement on the FEST site as well but I don't understand if the film is in competition or not. Do you know?

Darn the organisers, why won't they tell us about G as well as Ralph? Don't they know that we have a life and we need to plan ahead?

T

P.S. Check your e-mail!

Are you sure? The Guardian had an article yesterday saying that it was in competition, notable for the fact that it's the only British film in competition.

Are you sure? The Guardian had an article yesterday saying that it was in competition, notable for the fact that it's the only British film in competition.

Agree, it is in competition in Berlin. Not sure about Belgrade though.

Theresa

Sorry for this obvious mistake :bonk:

'Coriolanus' IS in competition on FEST -- and is already considered to be the main contender for the prize :pointy:

Way to go Serbia! Show the world what appreciation is ! How about an award for best supporting actor too?

The main award on FEST is quite symbolic, not as important as the main award on Berlinale for example -- and there isn't one for the best supporting actor unfortunately :tissues:

This award is just a mere acknowledgement of the artistic accomplishments and the quality of a certain movie.

Sorry for this obvious mistake :bonk:

'Coriolanus' IS in competition on FEST -- and is already considered to be the main contender for the prize :pointy:

That's great! It's also in competition in Berlin. Hopefully there will be plans to take it to Cannes, Venice and TIFF as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Coriolanus is in competition for best film:

http://www.berlinale...etail_9108.html

The following films have qualified for the Best First Feature Award:

Competition (4)

Coriolanus by Ralph Fiennes, Great Britain

El Premio by Paula Markovitch, Argentina

Margin Call by J.C. Chandor, USA

Yelling To The Sky by Victoria Mahoney, USA

Edited by phoenixgirl
  • 4 weeks later...

Great night tonight at the FEST in Belgrade. Coriolanus opened the festival to an audience of more than 4,000 people!

Film was well received and Ralph expressed his gratitude to the Serbian people and everyone else who made this project possible.

Only producers and Serbian members of cast attended, Ralph brought all of them on stage and was wonderful to them.

Met Ralph and he is the most wonderful, kind man you can imagine. He deserves all the best with this film.

More details, photos and videos when I return home over the weekend!

Theresa

Great night tonight at the FEST in Belgrade. Coriolanus opened the festival to an audience of more than 4,000 people!

Film was well received and Ralph expressed his gratitude to the Serbian people and everyone else who made this project possible.

Only producers and Serbian members of cast attended, Ralph brought all of them on stage and was wonderful to them.

Met Ralph and he is the most wonderful, kind man you can imagine. He deserves all the best with this film.

More details, photos and videos when I return home over the weekend!

Theresa

Great info, Theresa!! Thanks for letting us know. I got chills when I read your post. I fell in love with Ralph when I saw "The English Patient" years ago. He has beautiful eyes like Gerry.

:kiss:

Buf