Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry's Golden Girls

Lu...I want to be the first to wish you Posted Image

Remember it is not how old you are but how young you feel. I think you are very young!!! Enjoy your day sweetie!!

~HUGS~ Kathy

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy Holidays Galfriends!

Phew! It's a long time since I was in here but it feels nice and warm and cosy from the love and friendship that created this special place online.

I know many of you have had such heartbreaking times of late, we have prayed to the Good Lord to give you Peace and Comfort in your time of need.

It's taking me some time read through, I keep getting distracted by siggies and pics of Gerry......

Big Hugs for all,

Anna X

ANNA...This is so strange. I was thinking about you the other day because we miss you on the Wee Ones thread and all around GALS for that matter. So nice to see you here again. How are the Grandchildren doing? Come back more often now. Don't leave us again.

Happy Holidays, Anna!!!!

~HUGS~ Kathy

Anna, Posted Image ... even though I do get to see you off of GALS ... it's so nice to see you post my dear!

Yeah LU, those pictures got to me as well. :drool1::yummy:

I'm so worried about our Frannie...it is hard to get in the spirit of anything!

hugs to all.

Anna, Posted Image ... even though I do get to see you off of GALS ... it's so nice to see you post my dear!

Yeah LU, those pictures got to me as well. :drool1::yummy:

I'm so worried about our Frannie...it is hard to get in the spirit of anything!

hugs to all.

I know the feeling Sue! I have felt lousy all day today thinking about Frannie. It is just so unfair what this poor girl had been through. I wish I knew how Bobby was doing. Right now I am even more scared for Frannie. I don't see how she can cope with all of this. She is even taking care of her mother who is ill. I have been trying to draw on my Faith but it is getting hard to understand WHY!

~HUGS~ Kathy

• 3 weeks later...

Kathy - love your siggy and those avatars - awesome!

Well GG it's a new year and lets see what kind of devilment we can get into. As you can see I had a very busy day just going down memory lane. Me at 16 - ah - to be that skinny again! Anyone - anyone have anything they want to share.Posted Image.

Had a wonderful visit with my grandchildren - they came from Texas to New Jersey this year - missing them already - will let you know how the visit went - all too fast!!!

Hugs, Lu

Edited by lugerry

Lu, you were a babe at 16!! Those were the days, right! It seems like only yesterday to me when I was 16 but I cringe when I do the math.

Here is hubby and me before we were married. I was 20 and hubby was 22.

Posted Image

~HUGS~ Kathy

Very nice picture Kathy of you and your hubby!

Thought of the Day

"I do not want to brag or make anybody jealous or anything but I can still fit into the earrings that I worn in High School."

Hugs, Lu

Very nice picture Kathy of you and your hubby!

Thought of the Day

"I do not want to brag or make anybody jealous or anything but I can still fit into the earrings that I worn in High School."

Hugs, Lu

Gee, me too, Lu!!! They fit perfectly. LOL!!!

~HUGS~ Kathy

For all you girls who have HBO on demand - "Phantom of the Opera" will be playing there until January 31st. Gerry at his best! Enjoy!!!

Hugs, Lu

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Sorry I have been absent for so long, but it was nice to come back and catch up and see your great photos!

Very nice photo, Kathy and I agree, Lu, you were a "babe" and I think you still look pretty dam**ed good!!

Not going to go into my real life story--did lose my sister to cancer the end of Sept. leaving me the one

and only remaining member of my generation and above. I fight a constant battle with depression and lost

quite a bit of the time in the last couple of years. It is comforting to know I can always come here to

GALS and read, if not post, and feel a little better. I am hoping 2012 is a better year all around.

I wish you all a very HAPPY 2012 and as I promised LU, I will definitely try to get in here more often.

Hugs to all,

Judy

Oh, Judy, I'm so sorry to hear about your sister. Always remember your GALfriends have your back and we love you verra much! Whenever you need us, we are here for you. :comfort:

Gentle hugs,

Suzie

Judy, I'm so very sorry my friend. If you ever need someone of your generation to talk to I'm always here. Posted Image Posted Image

Hey, I never thought of that...yeah, my earrings fit just as easy today as they did in High School... :yay:

Kathy and Barbara ... great pictures!!

hugs,

Sue

Judy...So sorry to hear about your sister. I remember when my father's sister died he said he was all that was left of his family. It was hard on him so I know how you feel. Just remember we are your "fanmily" so come here often where we will be here for you. Those on this thread are from your generation so we know how you feel.

Lu...You got your new siggy posted. LOOKS FABULOUS!!!!

~HUGS~ Kathy

I don't know if this is allowed but I just want to wish my friend and I a happy 3rd anniversary of meeting Gerry. My sister of my heart, Frannie made me go (she basically threaten me if I didn't - love that woman) and my friend, Rhonda and I had the most wonderful day. It is an encounter that I will never forget. Thank you Sue for the remembrance siggy and all who were so happy for us. This is what GALS is all about.Posted Image

Hugs, Lu

Lu...I loved your encounter stories with Gerry in Philly!!! What great memories you have and I'm so happy for you. Bless Frannie for making you go. Wish she could have gone with you. Hope you get another memory to cherish in the near future.

~HUGS~ Kathy

I read this today and it cracked me up so I thought I'd share :lalala:

Women are Angels. And when someone breaks our wings.... We simply continue to fly ......... on a broomstick...... We are flexible like that.

Women are Angels. And when someone breaks our wings.... We simply continue to fly ......... on a broomstick...... We are flexible like that.

:funnyup:

Love it!!! Some truth to that as well. From this...Posted Image to this....Posted Image

~HUGS~ Kathy

Posted ImageSue, only YOU could have found this. I always have my broomstick handy, wings or no wings.

Fly, sweep, hit-a-nasty-something-including-humans - Women are multi-tasking with broomsticks.

xx A

• 2 months later...

Hey Girls - come out of hiding and come play here!!!

Thought of the Day:

Even under ideal conditions people have trouble locating their car keys in a pocket,

finding their cell phone, and Pinning the Tail on the Donkey - but I'd bet everyone can

find and push the snooze button from 3 feet away, in about 1.7 seconds, eyes closed,

first time, every time!

anon