Gerard Butler GALS
Dr. Em

Are you coming to Vegas?

51 members have voted

1. 1. What's preventing you from coming to the Con?

• Nothing could stop me from coming to the Con! I LOVE IT!
    • Economy/Money
    • Distance
    • Health
    • Spouse/Significant other
    • Family and/or other previously planned events
    • I don't know anyone.
    • I'd feel stupid going and my friends/family would tease me.
    • I need more information.
    • I'm just not that into Gerry anymore.
    • Other (please post what that is).

So we are less than six months away from Vegas 2011! Numbers are down this year and we'd like to try and understand a little better what's going on "out there" and how (if possible) we can make it easier for more to attend.

Please be honest (not snarky Posted Image) with us! We want to know!

:hugs:

~ D

Dayna, believe me if it becomes at all possible and because so many of these great Gals are so willing to help me get over my fear of flying I will be there....I just do not know at this time for sure and can't make the commitment yet! I would love nothing more than to party with all me girlies!! :cunning:

:wave: Frannie

Very bad year for hubby and I. Money IS an issue, and so are serious health concerns. Believe me, I'd be there if I could. *tear*

Swannie

I'll be there, but my husband and daughter who have attended with me for the past few years won't be able to make it this year. My daughter can't get off work and my husband is staying home to cut down on expenses.

I'll be there, but my husband and daughter who have attended with me for the past few years won't be able to make it this year. My daughter can't get off work and my husband is staying home to cut down on expenses.

I'll be sorry to miss Vegas this year, but with our growing menagerie of cats and dogs, someone has to stay here to look after them. Our nephew house sat for us last time we were out of town, but he's not going to be available in June. Those varmints' boarding bill is higher than our bill at the Hilton! ;)

So we are less than six months away from Vegas 2011! Numbers are down this year and we'd like to try and understand a little better what's going on "out there" and how (if possible) we can make it easier for more to attend.

Posted Image

~ D

I wanted to go, it would have been my first year going...but I am taking care of my father who is in a wheelchair and I believe this is going to be his final year. He isn't doing very well...so...I am torn between hoping for next year but hoping for my Dad to still be here next year. Whatever happens will be up to the Lord.

Edited by Shari

Hi Dayna,

Of Course money is the main problem for us...but I also have a couple of conflicting events happening at that time. I am not ruling it out, right now, but can't quite make the final commitment until dates are named for these other events I have coming up. I was really counting on it, but now not sure if it's gonna be possible. :tissues:

Bonnie

:hugs:

~ D

I am very involved with the Utah Scottish Association and Vegas weekend is the same weekend as our annual Scottish Festival and Highland Games. The Festival is ALWAYS the second weekend in June. I would love to come to Vegas for the Con, but the timing has just not worked for me for the last several years. I have missed 3 conventions so far (at least that's how many t-shirts I have gotten for myself and for other friends as a consolation prize since I couldn't attend! <grin>) There are several of my friends here in Salt Lake valley that would love to come someday. Last year I was a table sponsor and I ordered t-shirts and bags for myself and 4 other friends. I didn't get to watch much of the online coverage because I wasn't in a position to have internet access for my computer at the Festival.

I have enjoyed getting to know some of the GALS virtually and would really love to be able to meet you all face to face some day! Maybe next year? We will have to wait and see. For those of you lucky enough to attend...have a great time!

QofScots

I made my hotel reservations last night.I am getting my airline reservations and pay for convention in couple weeks soon as i get my tax refund.Im waiting for roomate to move in on feb 20th so i mpaying all the bill this month.Plus i start school Monday.But next month is different story.Will have more money then

Probably speaking too soon, but 2012 is out for me and Christine (going to Ireland & Scotland), as well as 2013 (moving and settling into Tennessee with new jobs. But this year, we'll be there with Tammie (GerrysOklaGirl)

Oh ya I'm in! Paid for and ready to go! Wouldn't miss it!

Cheryl

Hey Gals~

Well, as for your question, I'm still considering going. My reasons for not moving forward with plans yet are the following: If I come, I will probably be alone, since I have a 5 year old, and Vegas isn't the best for family vacations. Also, financially I'm not certain if I can spend money on a trip for myself alone, (while leaving the family alone); and finally, it is a tricky time of the year. I live in the Northern Midwest, and June - Aug is the best time of the year here; it's difficult to leave the perfect weather here to go to Hot Vegas during the Summer months. That's just me though ~ sounds like several have responded about signing on already! Have fun : )

I have my room reservation, I have my airline ticket. I'm ready to party!

Suzie

Too soon to commit for the 3G's but with Mom and Sis both being unemployed and having health issues, I am just not sure I can afford it for us again this year. Also with the tax refunds being delayed, might not make the deadline and I hate to pay the down payment and then find out at the last minute we do not have the rest or not have the hotel $$ etc. My son's 6th grade grad is around the same time also so waiting on final date for that to even know what days I can go. Still trying and if we can be there, we will.

Red, Rezz and Sam

Edited by RedDragoness

Well, I'm not quite a far along as Suzie...but I've paid for the convention and I have every intention of being there!

:gotgals:

:vegasbaby:

Not sure yet, if I can afford! Edited by bermos

I'll be there. I look forward to it so much every year. I sure hope more GALS will be able to attend as we get closer.

Sara

Can't wait to see you, Sara!

Suzie

OK~ this may be the hardest post I've ever had to make.

Sally and I will be in Europe. We are going to London and Paris. And those of you who know me, know that this is not a trip but a pilgrimage... I will miss all of me girlies, and I hope that y'all have a very good time!!!

Sally and I will be in Europe. We are going to London and Paris. And those of you who know me, know that this is not a trip but a pilgrimage... I will miss all of me girlies, and I hope that y'all have a very good time!!!

Oh, I'll miss seeing you and Sally, but I know you'll have a wonderful trip! :)

Oh, I'll miss seeing you and Sally, but I know you'll have a wonderful trip! :)

Ditto *wipes a tear*

Oh Damn!!!

But I know you'll have have fabulous time, so enjoy every minute of it!

Hugs,

Cheryl