Gerard Butler GALS
Dr. Em

Are you coming to Vegas?

51 members have voted

1. 1. What's preventing you from coming to the Con?

• Nothing could stop me from coming to the Con! I LOVE IT!
    • Economy/Money
    • Distance
    • Health
    • Spouse/Significant other
    • Family and/or other previously planned events
    • I don't know anyone.
    • I'd feel stupid going and my friends/family would tease me.
    • I need more information.
    • I'm just not that into Gerry anymore.
    • Other (please post what that is).

Sorry GALS,

Thanks for asking, Dayna.

It's just not "in the cards" (LOL--pun intended) for me to attend due to finances but I will be at Virtual Con hanging on every word and sharing everything with ya'll! :pointy:

Thanks,

Diane

Edited by Shamrocked

Hey Gals~

Well, as for your question, I'm still considering going. My reasons for not moving forward with plans yet are the following: If I come, I will probably be alone, since I have a 5 year old, and Vegas isn't the best for family vacations. Also, financially I'm not certain if I can spend money on a trip for myself alone, (while leaving the family alone); and finally, it is a tricky time of the year. I live in the Northern Midwest, and June - Aug is the best time of the year here; it's difficult to leave the perfect weather here to go to Hot Vegas during the Summer months. That's just me though ~ sounds like several have responded about signing on already! Have fun : )

This is a common concern and usually the most popular (after "financial.") As a mom of 7 and 10yr olds myself, I can only say that "Vegas" is my ME time. I spend all my "real life" time taking care of everyone else. For TWO measley DAYS out of the year, I take care of ME. :pointy: There is NOTHING more rejuvenating to me than spending time laughing it up with like-minded Gerry fans!! You may arrive alone, but I would bet you leave with friends of a lifetime. My first convention in 06 changed my life. I went from having no "real girlfriends" to having more than I've ever had in my life. Six years later, I'm still here. If you're finding that "being alone" is one of your main concerns, I strongly urge you to fight against that fear. I assure you that by Saturday night, you will feel like "FANmily"!

Spot

relatively newbie, won't 'know' anyone else BUT... need to check out the details more so (cost, dates).... one thing for certain....'time and tide wait for no one!' this may just be the year for me to 'break-out' and 'do'

...thank you GALS for making it happen, always :D

Oh I do hope so Dawne....you will not regret it!

relatively newbie, won't 'know' anyone else BUT... need to check out the details more so (cost, dates).... one thing for certain....'time and tide wait for no one!' this may just be the year for me to 'break-out' and 'do'

...thank you GALS for making it happen, always :D

All the information you may need is here. You may not "know" anyone when you get there, but I guarandamnteeya you'll know someone by the time you leave. :pointy:

Posted Image Leslie....I can't wait to meet you in person. I hope you can convince Kathy to come with you!!!!

hugs,

Sue

Posted Image Leslie....I can't wait to meet you in person. I hope you can convince Kathy to come with you!!!!

hugs,

Sue

I hope I can convince her, too, everyone will love her. She's fun, sweet and LOVES Gerry!

Leslie

:yahoo::woohoo::yahoo::woohoo:

Leslie I'm so glad you're going to come!!! Can't wait to meet you girl!

Now like Sue said you need to bring Kathy with you!

I'm so excited!!!

Hugs,

Cheryl

I made my hotel reservations last night.I am getting my airline reservations and pay for convention in couple weeks soon as i get my tax refund.Im waiting for roomate to move in on feb 20th so i mpaying all the bill this month.Plus i start school Monday.But next month is different story.Will have more money then

SO GLAD YOU'LL BE JOINING US AGAIN, TAM! *sniff* Seems like yesterday I was answering all your questions on the phone. And look at ye now ... showing peeps the ropes!! :woo:

I've started a "roommate" thread for those that may want to try to save a few bucks that way.

One thing's for certain: THE MORE THE GERRIER!!!

:Kable2::Alex2::Milo2::Tullus1::OneTwo3::Milo3::Stoick1::Clyde2::Mike2::Clyde3::Mike1::OneTwo1::Milo4::Milo1:

I am sooo going to be there! I am planning on driving down to Vegas on Monday June 6th just to hang out, shop, relax! If anyone is planning on being there early please let me know cuz I would love to have the company!

:wave: I can't wait to meet you Missy....see you in Vegas!

hugs,

Sue

If I wasn't going to school, I would be there on the 7th, but won't be there til the 8th in the morning. probably staying at the Luxor for 1 night and then moving to the LV Hilton for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.

Posted Image I can't wait to meet you Missy....see you in Vegas!

hugs,

Sue

I am excited to meet you too! We are going to have a blast!

For me, it's solely a money thing. I feel grateful that I was able to attend three years ago, and I wouldn't trade that experience for anything. It was wonderful getting to meet all the girls, dancing and laughing and seeing B&G and meeting Martin Delaney. There are so many new GALS that I would give anything to meet now. However, I just can't afford the registration fee + the hotel + the cost of getting there + meals + wanting to be able participate in the donations/raffles (which isn't mandatory but really feels crappy when you can't). Not to mention a new dress. ;)

Believe me, if I could afford it I would be there. So many GALS that I have never been able to hug are going and it would be so fantastic to be together! It's just not affordable for me.

But for those who CAN go and CAN afford it, you will not regret it. You won't laugh more!!

Lisa

I went the 1st 2 yes and had a blast!! But it's been hard for me to commit and buy the convention ticket so early and then I have to wait for 2 months before the requested time off to ask off for the time I want and if can't get the time off, I lose that money. Plus I also had stayed with other friends to save on the costs, so money is somewhat my issue also. Would not feel comfortable staying with someone I didn' know very well. Going alone is not bad, it's when you try to do things where it can be hard, so I understand that also for others. Then I would also need to make sure someone watches my dog.

I would love nothing more than to be able to make it to this event. I've never been before and it looks like fun! I always see so many of my friends there......

I am not able to attend because the June date always conflicts with my last week of school. I am a teacher and the convention always seems to fall the last few days of the school year and as the teacher I have to be there to send the kids off and make sure all paperwork and stuff goes home and shut down my room for the summer...So, unfortnately I can never get there.......hopefull one day when maybe the calendars will align like the stars...LOL If could ever be scheduled later in the month...then it's possible.

Please know I wish I could be there!!!! :wuv:

Kristine

Sparty :kiss:

Edited by Sparty

Well, it's the same old response from me....MONEY.....it's always the money!!!I was lucky enough to attend by myself in 07 and then brought my hubby in 08....I had the time of my life both times..will never forget my experience in 07(thank you, Dayna)...so definately, if you can go, DO IT!!!!I went all by myself the first time....had never been on a plane in my life.....never been on a trip alone....heck, I had only been out of my home state twice in my whole life...but I went....and I have memories that will last me the rest of my life. If the money wasn't an issue, I would be there in a heartbeat....I will attend the virtual con, no doubt, it helps with the "Vegas blues".....last year I even got to talk to Reno!!So, GOOOOO!!!!!

Could someone "in the know" PM me about raffle donations for the virtual convention? I have items to donate, but don't want to ship them to someone. I'd rather be responsible for getting them to the winner(s).

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Divine Miss S :rose:

Deetz and I will be in Vegas. We look forward to going every year.....it's all about seeing and spending time with our friends that we have made over the last five years!!! Nothing better than that!

See you in Vegas,

Linda

AHHHHH!!! Dang it!!! I keep reading of people's excitement of coming at different places on the site, and it's cracking me!! I am just going to have to scrape up some money to GO!!! So far so good on the dance event...they are looking at the END of June for the Disneyland performance for my daughter's dance team!! YAAY! That out of the way, I should be able to find the cash. I will bring some of my artwork with me again :)

Hugs,

Bonnie

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image Linda, Deetz and Bonnie will be there!!! See you all in Vegas.

Miss S, won't you be there this year??

I wish all of us could be there.....

hugs,

Sue

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Weeee!!! Bonnie!!!

Passing around the pitcher of :Gerritas: Hold your glasses up high!

Cheryl