Gerard Butler GALS
Dr. Em

Are you coming to Vegas?

51 members have voted

1. 1. What's preventing you from coming to the Con?

• Nothing could stop me from coming to the Con! I LOVE IT!
    • Economy/Money
    • Distance
    • Health
    • Spouse/Significant other
    • Family and/or other previously planned events
    • I don't know anyone.
    • I'd feel stupid going and my friends/family would tease me.
    • I need more information.
    • I'm just not that into Gerry anymore.
    • Other (please post what that is).

Oh Dayna....

After missing out on the first one (cuz I didn't join GALS in time) and attending my first one ALONE.. (I had to miss '08 cuz of my daughters graduation.) I swore then and there I would NOT miss another one...( I have met many wonderful GALS and developed great friendships) Unfortunately, I have to break that promise... Crying... Believe it or not.. All 3 of my girls are graduating this year...I have middle school, high school and junior college graduations all within a week.. Yikes!!!! And even though I've really only been lurking lately.... I REALLY miss all of you and wish I could be there.. I hope you all have a wonderful time...

Annemarie

I have decided that the GB Gals Convention is MY time to get away. I plan on making it every year I can go. A great group of women to know and have made some great friends for life.

and Gerry brought us all together!

I have decided that the GB Gals Convention is MY time to get away. I plan on making it every year I can go. A great group of women to know and have made some great friends for life.

and Gerry brought us all together!

Giny, I'll have to look for you there. You live in one of my favorite places in the world. In fact, we are going there for our 30th anniversary in October (staying at the GPI).

Hugs,

Buff

Hi SanchinGrover :wave:

Gerry was at our first convention because he was in town anyway and was gracious enough to stop by.

We believe that was a one time occurrence. Mr Butler is a very busy man and as his career has grown tremendously since the first con.

We were lucky to have him there once.

Although Mr. Butler will be invited to the convention, his attendance is neither expected nor anticipated.

Cheryl

Ok. What are the dates, where is it at, anything I need to know, could you just send to my email egroversr@gmail.com

it would be soooo appreciated!

:)

Here's a LINK to the Convention Webpage!

All the info is listed there! Hope you can make it! We have so much fun!

Cheryl

Christine and I will be there! I am missing three days of school, so I offered to go to the BODIES exhibit and do a report. Depending on if I have to take tests after I return or take them before I go, I may have to cut out early (unless Gerry makes an appearance, but I know that is very unlikely).

sweet, thanks! what kind of stuff do you guys do?

Here's a thread for "what we do"! You can also get specific info at the convention website.

Hope to see ye there!

Miss S: You'd need to PM becozy. She runs the virtual convention.

We do all sort of stuff there! The convention, which is sponsored by GALS Charitable Foundation, is a gathering of Gerry fans in support of a good cause but we do it with lots of fun, laughter and good food! There are two dinners at the Hilton, workshops on how to make siggies and other fun things to learn, there will be a showing of a Gerry movie, there is a lot of free time for exploring Vegas. Most of us arrive a day or two early to see some of the shows, and there is usually a group getting together to share cabs or limos for one show or another. The most popular show to see (no surprise here) is Phantom of the Opera at the Venetian. The theater alone is almost worth the price of admission (it was designed by Andrew Lloyd Webber) and the show is stunning. Our main focus (aside from some heavy duty Gerry squeeing) is raising money for the Shade Tree Shelter of Las Vegas which is a refuge for women, their children and their pets who are escaping a violent or unhealthy environment. A link to the Shade Tree is here: http://www.theshadetree.org/ We set aside one morning during the weekend to visit the shelter and most of us have a chance to pitch in and help out where we are needed. It is a soul stirring experience to see what some women have had to endure and to rejoice the fact that they have escaped to a place where they can feel safe. GALS Charitable Foundation is all about "Envision, Encourage, Empower". What better way to do that than supporting women who are so in need of all three of those principles.

We have wonderful raffles to raise funds and there are some VERY fun auctions. On Friday night, much laughter and fun things will occur. On Saturday night, we get a bit more serious with the presentation of The Rising Phoenix Inspiration Award to very special GAL. There is fun and dancing both evenings and a pay as you go bar. We are also treated to constant big screen projections of pictures of our gorgeous G-man to add to the squee factor.

The things you will take home are memories of laughter and good friends and good food, a tear or two, and inspiration to look for ways to carry on helping women in crisis where you can. You will also start looking forward to the NEXT convention and you won't be able to wait till you can come back and get with all these crazy new sisters again!!

The actual agenda for the 2011 Convention will be posted as soon as plans and schedules are finalized. (the agenda for LAST YEAR"S convention is here to give you some ideas of what we do http://www.gerardbutlerfanconvention.com/agenda . There will be CHANGES this year) There will be fun and surprises, so don't miss it!!!

Suzie

Note: Any rumors you may hear about pole dancing in the party limos or monorail are strictly tall tails! (cough, choke, wheeze) :funnyface:

OOPS! I was posting at the same time Holly was. Sorry Hol. Well now you know what we do, huh? LOL!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image Linda, Deetz and Bonnie will be there!!! See you all in Vegas.

Miss S, won't you be there this year??

I wish all of us could be there.....

hugs,

Sue

No Irish, I won't be attending. I have the money. I have the time. Just don't fit in with most of the groups/cliques that attend. I know this isn't a warm & fuzzy comment like the others, but not everyone enjoyed themselves. Sorry, I felt the whole experience wasn't worth all the money one had to put out in order to attend. The virtual convention I was in on in 2009 was much more enjoyable then Las Vegas 2010. As I mentioned to another conventioner on the shuttle back to the airport, the convention just wasn't what I expected. If I had known then, what I know now, I would've skipped going to Las Vegas. To each their own!!! I very much want to help with the virtual convention in any way I may, though. I have items I want to donate to the virtual convention raffles. If whoever is in charge of that part could contact me, it would be appreciated. To those that do make it to Vegas, have a wonderful, wonderful time!!!

The Divine Miss S :rose:

Edited by Miss S

Ok who squealed about my pole dancing on the monorail and in the party bus!!!

Barbara

Edited by lugerry

Here's a thread for "what we do"! You can also get specific info at the convention website.

Hope to see ye there!

Miss S: You'd need to PM becozy. She runs the virtual convention.

Thanks! I didn't see your comment the first time around. my bad.

Ok who squealed about my pole dancing on the monorail and in the party bus!!!

Barbara

Uh, Barb, if I'm not mistaken, there's photographic evidence of said pole dance in the gallery. :funnyface:

Elissa is right, Barb. Remember what happens in Vegas winds up in the Gallery! LOL!!

Suzie

Elissa is right, Barb. Remember what happens in Vegas winds up in the Gallery! LOL!!

Suzie

:funnyup::snort:

I'll be there! I'll scrape the money up somehow, it's my only holiday/vacation this year so I'm gonna make the most of it :)

I'll be there! I'll scrape the money up somehow, it's my only holiday/vacation this year so I'm gonna make the most of it :)

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

So glad you're coming Celine!

:wave: I had way too much fun last year so I'm thinking about heading up to Vegas again to get some much needed R&R with the GALS before I have to go out on the 13th for 2 manly weeks in the field with a bunch of male Marines lol but it's an issue of money. If I can find someone to split a room with it might not be too bad. Any takers?

:wave: I had way too much fun last year so I'm thinking about heading up to Vegas again to get some much needed R&R with the GALS before I have to go out on the 13th for 2 manly weeks in the field with a bunch of male Marines lol but it's an issue of money. If I can find someone to split a room with it might not be too bad. Any takers?

Hi Di :wave:

I'm already booked up in my rooms but Binks and Raz are a maybe still. They will probably know sometime in March if they can come.

Otherwise here's a LINK to the "Share a Room" thread.

I hope you can make it GF!

Cheryl

Ya know...I'm so gonna miss all me girlies...

I want y'all to have a really really good time, because I expect a full disclosure report when we all get home!

:unsure: Never mind GALS, because of all the hiatus over in Libya they have moved up the date and it's right during the Vegas Fun! :soangry::crybaby: But there will be next year, and I am excited about maybe getting some overseas time under my belt. They're sending us to California to do some training up in the mountains just "in case" so I'll be somewhat close to y'all! . I wish y'all the craziest of wildest times , please have some gerritas for me please :yahoo: and hope to see everyone next year! :vegasbaby:

:hugssnogs:

Di