Gerard Butler GALS
Dr. Em

Are you coming to Vegas?

51 members have voted

1. 1. What's preventing you from coming to the Con?

• Nothing could stop me from coming to the Con! I LOVE IT!
    • Economy/Money
    • Distance
    • Health
    • Spouse/Significant other
    • Family and/or other previously planned events
    • I don't know anyone.
    • I'd feel stupid going and my friends/family would tease me.
    • I need more information.
    • I'm just not that into Gerry anymore.
    • Other (please post what that is).

I'll be there in spirit, but it coincides with my summer trip to Scotland

where I've been going each year to help out with the effort to save Gillies Hill and of course with the trees up north.

Now, if it were over there ... maybe some day!

But I'll be thinking of all of you and watching out for the photos and posts. :)

:unsure: Never mind GALS, because of all the hiatus over in Libya they have moved up the date and it's right during the Vegas Fun! :soangry::crybaby: But there will be next year, and I am excited about maybe getting some overseas time under my belt. They're sending us to California to do some training up in the mountains just "in case" so I'll be somewhat close to y'all! . I wish y'all the craziest of wildest times , please have some gerritas for me please :yahoo: and hope to see everyone next year! :vegasbaby:

:hugssnogs:

Di

Di, which mountains in CA? LOL. There are a LOT of mountains.....but if you are sent up to Northern California near Shasta...please let me know.

I'm sorry you can't make the con this year. I was looking forward to seeing you again.

hugs,

Sue

Rofl, I keep forgetting California is not like the midwest :doh: . Um I believe somewhere near Camp Pendleton which is about an hour from San Diego so it's definitely southern California. They said they'd be giving us a day of leave, so hopefully I can head up to San Francisco or Los Angeles . . . not really sure how far those are from Southern Cali. It'd be awesome to meet up and get away from the manliness for one day :p

Di

Oh darn...well sweetie, for a days leave if you are close to San Diego I would plan on visiting San Diego (it's beautiful) and maybe LA (about 2 hours from San Diego). San Francisco is almost an 8 hour drive from LA and I'm another 5 hours north of SF. Yeah, CA is NOT like the midwest. lol

Di, wherever they send you please stay safe sweetie. I will have you in my prayers.

hugs,

Sue

Sometimes I just hate being an adult, having to make responsible decisions!! I bought my airline ticket for Vegas, but things keep happening to get in the way of my Registration payment!!! :tantrum: I'm sitting on a wobbly fence right now, and thinking "what is the point of having a plane ticket if I DON'T go to the Con????....Ugggh!" But then, should I spend all the extra $$ to go to it? I hate this. The responsible thing would be to not go to the Con, as so many other things need attention financially and otherwise. But, I WANT to go and already have the airline ticket sooo....It's not that I don't have the money, but whether In should spend it, just in case something ELSE stupid happens. Which is almost a given....

Sorry folks, I am just venting and trying to work this out for myself. Sometimes I want to just do something carefree with out worrying about all this crap. I want my Mommy...LOL. Well, maybe I'll still see y'all there :)

:funnyup: well I'm not your mommy Bonnie :lmao: but.....

I would love to see you come!!! Like you said you already have your plane ticket so...

We all need our own little getaways and this is it GF! It's important to have some time with your girlies!

So bite the bullet and register already! I'm so looking forward to June and you need to be there. No pressure or anything :cunning:

Hugs,

Cheryl

Hi Cheryl :wave:

LOL! Thanks "Mom", for making me feel wanted!! I want to see you too! Now, yesterday I unexpectedly made an EXTRA 200.00!! ALMOST what I need for registration! Is that a sign or what???!! I thought so too...so I guess Ima comin'!! :awesome::bellydance: See you in Vegas, woman!!

Bonnie :kiss:

All Registered!!! :funnyup::music:

I'd give my right arm to be able to come to Vegas this year, but the economy and my youngest son's wedding are standing in the way. HOWEVER, next year will be a different story - I hope.

Y'all be sure and have lots of fun for me, too!

We (my fiance and I) are still undecided. We want to go, but we just don't see it being feasible right now :( . We are supposed to go to the EAA AirVenture in Oshkosh this year for the annual thing they have there, but with gas prices soaring we might not even be able to do that :(.

If anyone is wondering what the EAA AirVenture is here is there website. http://www.airventure.org/

If Gerry could make a solid commitment to going I'd say we'd be on that plane for sure!

:Gerritas::yahoo::bellydance::Gerritas:

I'm so excited Bonnie!!! Can't wait for June!!

See you soon!

Hugs,

Cheryl

Would have been a great way to finally meet some of you lovely ladies, but it will be just before my family vacation... The distance doesn't help either :-(

I can help out from afar, if anything is needed :-) it would be a pleasure :-D

Veronica :-D

I'd only ever been to the GB.net conventions, but this one sounds like a blast! I wish I could afford the airfare, hotel, and auctions! I can't wait to see all of your pictures, though! I can't believe I've been on this site for five years now! Wow. From Dracula 2000 to Bounty Hunter...

Be safe and have fun!

RubySioux

:wave: Ruby! I'm sorry you can't make the convention....but come back and join us in the various threads (we have a support center where we get to know one another).

hugs,

Sue

I'll be there! I'll scrape the money up somehow, it's my only holiday/vacation this year so I'm gonna make the most of it :)

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

So glad you're coming Celine!

Yes, Celine, hope to have some more Gutter Gab!!!!

I would love to go! I wish I could go! But with the economy the way it is...not to mention I still have young kids... *sigh* sometimes I wish I could be the irresponsible one. In the words of Holly Kennedy(P.S. I Love You) Why can't I be the cute, carefree, irish guy who sings all the time?"

:wave: I'm looking forward to seeing you again, Patricia!

:wave: me too Patricia...I will see you there sweetie.

hugs,

Sue

Really really REALLY wish I could be there, but I'm currently saving up for going to college in the fall. Not to mention I'm all the way in NH...*sigh* can't wait to hear all about it though!

Wow...it's been ages since I posted here...gotta get back more often. Had plans to come this year, but unfortunately, my niece (withOUT consulting me in advance, obviously!) decided to get married that weekend, so I'll be involved in family stuff instead of GALS stuff, and that means I won't even be able to do the virtual convention. :tissues: Wild horses won't keep me away in 2012 though! Edited by phanphorlife

I've been so out of touch with all of my wonderful GBGAL/PALS that I missed getting a tee shirt 'cause I can't afford to attend this year's convention---again!!! Posted Image It's been a very tough year living on a part-time job and wondering whether I should stay here in Toronto, even though TIFF is right around the corner and I'm hoping OUR MAIN MAN will be there this year!!!Posted Image I really, really wish I could be there. If there's any tee shirts left over (large), I'd love to buy one. Sorry, I goofed and didn't pay attention to the offer or the deadline BUT Gerry is ALWAYS in my heart Posted Imageand mind and...Posted Image

I do need to find more time to get on. I'm so far behind. I've been fortunate to have been to 3 of the conventions, but not this year. I'm going to Disneyworld on June 9 for 8 days which is the same time of the trip. It was a lets go again kind of thing planned last month. You girls have a great time which I know you will.

Cassie