Gerard Butler GALS
framolamdu

2/1 - Coriolanus Premieres Feb 14 Berlinale

Coriolanus will premiere at 7pm on Mon Feb 14 at Berlinale with subsequent showings taking place on Tue Feb 15 at 12pm, 8pm and 11pm at various venues.

http://www.berlinale...searchSubmit=OK

Posted Image

Monday Feb. 14

Coriolanus by Ralph Fiennes

14:05 Photo-Call

14:15 Press Conference

'Live Streaming' link is:http://www.berlinale...ming/index.html

Edited by becozy
Streaming link for Coriolanus events

Feeling nostalgic. *sniff* Four years ago on February 14, 2007 he was there with '300'.

Now bring on the photocalls! Woot!

Even 300 was introduced on February 14! :cunning:

I hope the good luck, and also very successful as 300!

http://www.berlinale.de/media/pdf_word/pr-agenten/61_ifb_1/61_IFB_PR_Agenten_Wettbewerb.pdf

I think this is what should have shown. It was updated today so as of now Gerry has not officially confirmed his appearance at Berlin. The list does say subject to change so maybe he likes to tease :lmao: and will be added last minute. In his business anything can happen.

Moira

After the way he was treated in Berlin at the 300 press conferences, I wouldn't be surprised if Gerry decided to skip this one!

Suzie

Well he has been back for premieres since - both LAC and TBH. He'd have had to contend with press then so I don't think he'd let that put him off going back to Berlinale. I think he probably has too much respect for Ralph to throw a hissy fit :lmao: to be honest when does Gerry ever really "publicly" commit to things this early. He'll keep us guessing. This film is too important to his career to not just show for no good reason.

Moira

After the way he was treated in Berlin at the 300 press conferences, I wouldn't be surprised if Gerry decided to skip this one!

Suzie

Didn't that have more to do with a contingent of foreign press (not necessarily German) questioning the political motivations of '300' and being rude to the panel in general rather than G in particular? (I could be wrong. I've been wrong before.)

Suzie

Didn't that have more to do with a contingent of foreign press (not necessarily German) questioning the political motivations of '300' and being rude to the panel in general rather than G in particular? (I could be wrong. I've been wrong before.)

No, you're correct. Other members of the panel were given a difficult time too.

I agree with Moira...he never commits to early. Heck, he may not being that much attention to the time table right now...LOL...He's said before we know more about his schedule than he does!!! HA!

I think he'll show up and if he doesn't...he'll have a good reason.

Cheers,

Kristine :kisswink:

Is there any info anyplace about the release date for Coriolanus or MGP?

BlueJean

There isn't anything known for Coriolanus. In fact I think it hasn't yet been picked up by a distributor for US release.

As far as MGP is concerned all that I've seen is that it is anticipated that it will be released in the US in September 2011.

Is it going to be shown here in the US???? I sure hope so. I don't think I ever saw sweat look so day-am good before as it does on the G-Man!!!

Feeling nostalgic. *sniff* Four years ago on February 14, 2007 he was there with '300'.

Now bring on the photocalls! Woot!

dont forget butterfly on a wheel premiered there at the same time in berlin as 300 back in 07. it was a double whammy for gbutt. i hope this year will go better for him, as now he has become a top actor and his craft should be appreciated more.

sue grint - greatest london fan

So Gerry went from the BFTAs to Berlin The Photo Call? Wow he's a busy man. I don't know much about this film. I looked up Coriolanus on Wikiepedia and it says it's based off a Shakespeare Play. Is this movie filmed around that? If it is, that means it's gonna be a good movie!

Gotta love Gerry :D.

Guest isabella

yesterday i was lucky enough to went to the premiere. ralph made a very good movie. in my opinion it was in some scenes too brutal, like the fight scenes between gerry and ralph. but it was part of the story so it was reasonable.

i saw gerry an ralph on the red carpet. ralph was first on the red carpet so he had enough time to sign autographs and it seems to me, that he was greatful, that we all were there because of him. he came to me and my friends to thank us for waiting for him and support him. he is a nice, warm and kind person. gerry arrived a couple of minutes behind him and he hadn´t enough time to sign all the autograph requests. actually he finished the second he arrived at our point in the line. :panic: but we screamed his name so he came back for just one minute. we hadn´t enough time for making pictures and ask for autopgraphs :crybaby:

Edited by isabella

There is SO MUCH to catch up on. So many photos, article and videos that my head is spinning and it's a bit overwhelming. So many foreign articles, and here is one from a Russian site that has some great pics after the movie: http://gbutler.ru/news/iz-pervyx-ruk/.

I'm really proud of Gerry. This seems to be a very important film, and the turnout looks a bit insane. But wow he's come so far. He's his own man, an actor whose name can help carry a film, and get one made. I have to just sit back and relish all this, and know that sticking it out and loving this man in spite of anything and everything that has happened over the past 4 years has been beyond worth it. This fandom and Gerry's career will only get better.

It's m goal to watch all the videos today. :lol: My eyes may be crossed afterward but I'm determined to get through them all. And the pictures! Man, I don't remember this many pictures from any other premiere.

I've heard good things from the people who did get to see it yesterday, and I'm really excited to see it. I have heard, though, that reading it ahead of time might be a good idea so I may just have to do that.

Thanks for everything, GALS. Keep 'em coming.

Lisa

yesterday i was lucky enough to went to the premiere. ralph made a very good movie. in my opinion it was in some scenes too brutal, like the fight scenes between gerry and ralph. but it was part of the story so it was reasonable.

i saw gerry an ralph on the red carpet. ralph was first on the red carpet so he had enough time to sign autographs and it seems to me, that he was greatful, that we all were there because of him. he came to me and my friends to thank us for waiting for him and support him. he is a nice, warm and kind person. gerry arrived a couple of minutes behind him and he hadn´t enough time to sign all the autograph requests. actually he finished the second he arrived at our point in the line. :panic: but we screamed his name so he came back for just one minute. we hadn´t enough time for making pictures and ask for autopgraphs :crybaby:

Isabella,

:hug1: Oh hun, I'm sorry that you were unable to get any pictures or autographs...but hey,

look at the bright side....you still got to see him up close and in person and a lot of GALS have never even had that...who knows maybe next time! All in all you're a very lucky girl!!!! Congratulations sweetie (I'm a wee bit jealous...lol)!!!

hugs,

Sue

So here we go, my Berlinale Gerry story:

I was with two Greek friends and another one from Europe, I won't say more about my friends as I don't know if they want to say they were there. All I can say is that they were amazing and being with them there made this whole experience worthwhile and memorable.

On Sunday one of my friends who is very resourceful and determined made sure we found out where fans should stand for the press conference. It was a back door which served as a VIP entrance to the Hyatt. We went there at around noon. Already fans had started gathering. I must stress that if you wanted to have any chance of seeing the actors up close you had to be there early.

As time passed more people gathered as well as photographers. There was even a Scottish man in kilt playing his bagpipe in honour of Gerry. It was unbelievably cold but we dare not leave our places.

Eventually Vanessa and Jessica arrived. People went crazy about Vanessa, just as crazy as they later went for Gerry. I was pleasantly surprised. You may wonder how come I call her Vanessa. Well I first I referred to her as Ms Redgrave but everyone called her Vanessa and she seemed to like it. She is the most elegant, noble lady you could possibly imagine. She is full of energy and life and wisdom. She was kind to everyone and tried to speak to as many people as possible and sign as many books or photos as possible.

Jessica was lovely as well. She is petite, was freezing in the cold but still took her time to greet people and thank them for their support. Loved her!

I believe that the ladies were given more time with the fans than the gentlemen who arrived a little later, once the ladies had been shown inside. Ralph and Gerry arrived in the same car. Rupert, Gerry PR person, was in the car in front of Gerry's and Ralph's and he got off in front of me. He looked like a very nice man and I thought "Poor guy, working so hard, London and the Baftas last night, waking up at the crack of dawn today to fly to BErlin and now facing this cold". So I said to him "Hi Rupert! " . He was surprised to hear that and greeted back very politely. Gerry was drawn to the opposite side and the fans were going crazy. I had never seen something like, not in any videos or when I was in London for the TBH premiere. Ralph signed a few autographs and went inside because they were late. I guess Gerry wanted to please a few more people and tried to sign as many photos as possible or greet people but he was unbelievably rushed, it was like everything was happening in high speed. He was pulled to the opposite side of where we stood to greet the Scottish guy and have his photo taken. All this time, Rupert was telling him to also come to our side and all of a sudden he turned around and went past two cars to rush towards us. My friend was filming with her phone camera and he ran full force into it jokingly, doing something funny with his mouth, maybe sending a kiss to the camera, not sure. My friend lost it completely and dropped her phone but recovered quickly and continued filming so we have all this on video. We told Gerry we came from Greece to see him and he joked that we didn't even come for him! :-) To hear Gerry saying "You came all the way from Greece?" was heaven on Earth! Then I asked for a photo for his Greek fans and he asked if I could do it from where he was standing, constantly having to move to the next fan. I tried and he said "Your camera is not even on! ". Ah well, we can't have it all, can we? :-) We were all very surprised at how he noticed that my small camera was off, I didn't even know, during all this craziness. He must be quite a mutlitasker.

Anyway, he was rushed inside and we were on cloud nine!

His hair was indeed long and seemed to be various shades of blonde as well as grey, probably because of the exposure to the sun and the sea in Hawaii. He was really, really tanned, you can't see it in the photos, but he was. Other than that he looked very healthy, vibrant, full of life, eager to please and very sure of himself but in a good way. I have never seen someone standing out so much from the crowd and drawing you in him, and I mean it in a very positive way. He has an absolute natural charisma, God was in a very good mood when he was created and I hope he realises how lucky and exceptional he is and is grateful for that.

After the press conference, everyone came out very quickly and were rushed to their cars so there was no time for greeting more fans. Gerry showed his watch and said he was very late. Some fans felt disappointed but it wasn't the actors' fault, they were being taken here and there by the organisers and I understand they had one on one interviews to do before the premiere.

After that, one of my friends decided that she was going to queue to see if there were return tickets to the premiere. The rest of us, were almost dying from the cold so headed to the hotel to catch some warmth and then back the Berlinale Palast where the premiere would take place to find a good spot for the red carpet. You have no idea how cold it was, we thought we would lose a limb or two! :-)

Half an hour before the premiere we got the tickets! One of my friends and I waited until the arrivals and then headed inside the theatre. The other two friends stayed outside for a little longer and watched Gerry shaking jokingly from the cold, signing more stuff and so on. Then when he got closer to them he told someone he had no time to sign anything else so my friends asked: How about a handshake? and gave their hands to him. He laughed and shook their hands. They told me that his hand was very soft and warm despite the cold.

Once we were inside we watched the actors and the producers do another photocall. Once again it was crazy because there were so many people who wanted to greet them and get their attention, especially Gerry's. He was commanding the place, he would stand out from the crowd even if he weren't famous.

He was the last one to be rushed to the floor upstairs for the screening and I honestly don't know how he manages this chaos. People calling his name, trying to get his attention, pulling him to one side or the other.

Once in the auditorium we realised that our seats were right behind Gerry's and Ralph's but some other people had taken them already! We tried to ask them to leave but the screening was about to begin so we were told to sit immediately to the next available seats. We were gutted as you can imagine, that was sooo unfair but what can you do? We were at least there.

Once the actors took their places, the film started and I will post a review in the Coriolanus thread. Just to give you an idea, it's a magnificant piece of art, it stays with you and the performances are unbelievable.

After the end, Ralph thanked all those who helped him bring this baby to life and introduced the actors. It was very sweet to see Gerry holding Vanessa's hand to help her down the stage.

Finally we left, not believing how lucky we were. I stress the factor of luck. Things happen so quickly that no matter how hard you might try or might want to have a good Gerry moment or even how hard Gerry tries to please his fans, there is always a huge possibility that you will end up with just a look from afar and any fan should be prepared for that.

But as I said we were lucky and are very grateful to Ralph and Gerry and Vanessa and Jessica for making this such a wonderful experience. And I would also like to thank Rupert, bless him wherever he is, because if he hadn't shown Gerry in our direction we wouldn't have had this wonderful moment. Finally, once again I have to thank the friends who were with me, they made all the difference.

Theresa

Theresa, thanks for sharing your experience & you're right luck is very much a part of any event Gerry is attending.

The demand for his attention during public appearances is unbelievable & I truly believe he does his best to please as many people as he possibly can, which is why he's always rushing in at the last minute. Gerry just naturally draws people in w/ his charm & charisma.

I personally wonder sometimes how he manages, because he is being pulled in multiple directions & if you've been around or seen videos of any events you will hear almost non-stop Gerry, Gerry, Gerry, Gerry, Gerry, Gerry, Gerry........ He is very gracious, but I've no doubt that can be very wearing.

I'm so glad this was a wonderful experience for you & your friends.

Thanks again,

Bren

Theresa, thank you so much for taking the time to write out such a detailed remembrance. Your observations and insights are wonderful to read. You have given us a great gift GF!!

Oh Theresa, thank you for sharing your story with us. I'm so glad you got to meet him and talk to him!!! I hope this makes up for your broken leg and missing the LAC premiere last year!!!

Like Cheryl said, getting to see Gerry in the flesh alone is something not everyone gets to experience. My first time seeing him all I could think was "OMG he's real!". I'm serious. That's all I thought. LOL

Many people, myself included, also forget that these events are part of Gerry's job. I know when I'm there and it's chaos all around me, and all I can think about is getting MY 10 seconds, etc., I forget that Gerry has a job to do inside and that he is on a time table - albeit he ignores that sometimes. However, in this type of event, apparently, he couldn't make people wait for him and he probably felt rushed. I know he feels a bit of an obligation to sign as many autographs and take as many pictures as he can for the fans, but he also has a job to do. He is as gracious and generous as he can be.

Theresa, how he saw your camera wasn't on is hilarious. I think he's seen so many cameras in his face over the years he can tell. LOL What a great story!!!

From what I saw from various videos around the internet, this isn't something I would enjoy attending. Too much chaos. I thought LA was bad; this is LA at about four times the people and craziness. I'll stick to our little corner of the Gerry world on Hollywood Boulevard. :lol:

Thanks again for sharing with us!!!

Lisa