Gerard Butler GALS
heISmyGspot

SOUNDING THE ALARM!

As you dear GALS know from my previous "pleas for help" our server fee is due on or about March 20, 2011. Every year, despite our growth, it's harder and harder to raise funds CRITICAL to keep the site up and running. I suppose that's because, despite our growth, every year the economy seems to get harder for each of us to manage.

The Ugly Truth is that we've got 4-5 weeks (or 2-3 payroll periods :p) to collect approx. $1,000. The money collected is used ONLY to keep the site up and running in the manner to which we have become accustomed (eg, InMotion (the server), InVision (the software that "runs" the boards), domain fees (we have to pay for the addresses to get to the site), the GALLERY (who can live without THAT?!), ETC). We've cut some corners where possible (eg we've stopped paying for a chat subscription and are using the chat software that comes with the InVision board), and we're at the bare minimum in terms of what you see NOW.

Make no mistake, purchasing through igive and amazon ARE appreciated efforts. But, unfortunately, "amazon" funds are of no use to us RIGHT NOW. (Also, igive raises operating funds for the CHARITY, GCF, and has nothing to do with the "fansite." Secondly, although Amazon sends us a check ANNUALLY, we're talking about $50 on a good year. Amazon is not near as "helpful" as it once was, nor is it as generous as the igive program.)

The bottom line is if you're going to "buy something" on amazon in order to get the site some money, I'd personally ask you to skip the Amazon part and just donate whatever you can DIRECTLY to the site...and the sooner the better.

I don't know what we'll do if we don't come up with the difference. (I'm not a party to the money handling outside of pestering the Admins for info as to "where do we stand" :p) I can only guess we'll go offline for a while until we find different software that will include advertising and pop-ups. (THIS IS A PERSONAL "GUESS"; I may be completely wrong...) I just know that when I asked for our "status" for this year, the reply I got was "We're about $1,000 short and we have to pay the bill at the end of March." :unsure:

To everyone who's pitched in -- no matter WHAT the amount -- Posted Image. I promise to give updates as I get them.

Spot

:panic::multicigs: (and I don't even smoke!) :titanic::nervous:Please Gals; we are so many fans even at $15.00 each it would make a difference...no?

Is it more expensive to have avatars and signatures that are animated then as before simpler designs? I'm just grabbing at straws but can't imagine being off the Internet and in my "home away from home"...

Thanks for your question, May! Fortunately, "bandwith" is not an issue. (That's what is used with the graphics, pictures, etc). And, you're right. If everyone gave $10ea, we'd be "good to go"! :woo:

As you dear GALS know from my previous "pleas for help" our server fee is due on or about March 20, 2011. Every year, despite our growth, it's harder and harder to raise funds CRITICAL to keep the site up and running. I suppose that's because, despite our growth, every year the economy seems to get harder for each of us to manage.

The Ugly Truth is that we've got 4-5 weeks (or 2-3 payroll periods :p) to collect approx. $1,000. The money collected is used ONLY to keep the site up and running in the manner to which we have become accustomed (eg, InMotion (the server), InVision (the software that "runs" the boards), domain fees (we have to pay for the addresses to get to the site), the GALLERY (who can live without THAT?!), ETC). We've cut some corners where possible (eg we've stopped paying for a chat subscription and are using the chat software that comes with the InVision board), and we're at the bare minimum in terms of what you see NOW.

Make no mistake, purchasing through igive and amazon ARE appreciated efforts. But, unfortunately, "amazon" funds are of no use to us RIGHT NOW. (Also, igive raises operating funds for the CHARITY, GCF, and has nothing to do with the "fansite." Secondly, although Amazon sends us a check ANNUALLY, we're talking about $50 on a good year. Amazon is not near as "helpful" as it once was, nor is it as generous as the igive program.)

The bottom line is if you're going to "buy something" on amazon in order to get the site some money, I'd personally ask you to skip the Amazon part and just donate whatever you can DIRECTLY to the site...and the sooner the better.

I don't know what we'll do if we don't come up with the difference. (I'm not a party to the money handling outside of pestering the Admins for info as to "where do we stand" :p) I can only guess we'll go offline for a while until we find different software that will include advertising and pop-ups. (THIS IS A PERSONAL "GUESS"; I may be completely wrong...) I just know that when I asked for our "status" for this year, the reply I got was "We're about $1,000 short and we have to pay the bill at the end of March." :unsure:

To everyone who's pitched in -- no matter WHAT the amount -- Posted Image. I promise to give updates as I get them.

Spot

Gosh Spot, I didn't know some of this stuff, especially the part about iGive. Things are a little tight right now, but I can probably scrape up some more! Gotta have my Gals!

Hugs,

Buf

Ok, G, how do we donate? :unsure:

I looked for a link or something...did I miss it? :detect:

I would be glad to donate...just tell me how! Gotta have my go-to source for Gerry-ness! :yummy:

Spot

Hi QofScots :wave:

There is a "Donate" area on the page right after the main page on GALS. It's in the left hand column. :pointy:

Thanks Sooooo much for those that are helping! We need our GALS Fix!!!

Cheryl

I will try my best to send a little something in the next week or so, but unfortunately it probably won't be much, since my husband is currently off work due to a broken and dislocated ankle and broken leg and is awaiting surgery on the 21st of Feb. I will try....

Ok, Good Sport and I recently sold the car our daughter drove when she was in school and got a break on our car insurance, so we're sharing a the wealth with GALS. Donation just sent! :)

Found the donate sign. Really easy to use. I made another donation. I just know that with all of us pulling together we can easily meet the goal. Even $5 and up will do it. I think we forget how many of us there is and we are strong! We can meet this goal because it's important to us. I for one don't know what I would do if this site ceased to exist esp. since it would just take a little bit from each of us! Go GALS go. :pointy:

:ty: I'm sending out acknowledgment/Thank You emails ...

Edited by becozy
removed broken link

I am going to make a contribution tomorrow via paypal.....whom do I send it to???

:wave: Frannie

Never mind....figured it out and it's done!!

:kiss: Frannie

Edited by ladyfran

Never mind Hol - I found what I was looking for. It's on it's way in the morning.

Barbara

Edited by lugerry

Thank you, PaisleyScot and ScotsmanStuart! :wave::yourock:

I have sent in my donation! I hope it helps! :cheer:

I just made another donation and purchased another Kindle and case through the Amazon link on here. However, I just read about the Amazon funds not being available to you now for this. That is a bummer, but I hope that whatever you get from the link will come in handy later on down the line. :)

Sarah :D

:hearts:

Appreciate all the help with the Support for GALS...

We're down to about $540 short -

I am up-to-date on Acknowledgment/Thank You emails as of donations made through Feb. 15. :pointy:

Everyone who's donated has 'Contributing Member' in their PIP area...

I couldn't find a few of the PayPal contributors on our Member Listing, so if you haven't been 'made green' please let me know and I'll take care of it! :D

Just posted $100.00(might show up under hubs name)--- Keep it up GALS.... Dont know what i would do without you all!!!

My home away from home...

Annemarie

:wow2:

:thankyou:everyone! :hearts:

:goodjob:

We're now down to $410 'short'...

We have enough for the server fee :bow:

and then the rest is needed for the monthly fees (which vary considerably), and other board-expenses and incidentals - photo fees, etc.

:bounce:

Annemarie, I just sent off an Acknowledgement/Thank You email to you. :ty:

We hate to have a yearly 'panic attack' ...

so every $ is appreciated...

for those who can, please consider setting up a monthly subscription with PayPal -

it is easy to send a few dollars per month and it helps us 'budget'!

Again, heartfelt thanks to everyone who's been able to help thus far...

and hopefully we'll make up the shortfall soon!

:wave:

Done and Done :D . I wish it could be more, unfortunately things are tough all over. Wasn't that a movie? I hope we can make it to our goal.

I know I'm never on the boards but I still love my GALS and all the life lessons and naughty things I've learned here. And not to mention we've gotta keep the Gutter Hotel in opertion! :kisswink: It's important to keep our GALS up and running! It's not much but it's what I can afford on an actor's pay. :D I Love you all!

Hugs and Kisses :kiss:

Di

:ty:

Naois, mumbleram, lugerry, and many others! Even some who aren't members but love the site have contributed!:bow:

Every donation is appreciated and helps towards keeping GALS 'up and running'! :bow2:

We're down to $170 short! :yay:

Keep up the :goodjob: GALS!

Done :)