Gerard Butler GALS

8/8 - Gerry to star and produce "The Bricklayer"

Paisleyscot

Project is the first to be assembled by Mark Gill, since becoming president of Millennium Films.

Millenium Films has acquired the rights to The Bricklayer, the best-selling novel by former FBI agent Noah Boyd, and attached Gerard Butler to star as a rogue former agent who’s called in to help battle a criminal group that is demanding an escalating series of multi-million dollar ransom payments.

It’s the first project to be assembled by Mark Gill since he stepped into the role of Millenium president in June, and he’ll oversee it along with Boaz Davidson, head of development and creative affairs, and head of production John Thompson.

Hanna Weg (Enigma) is adapting the novel for the screen. Butler, Alan Siegel and Danielle Robinson are producing, with Erik Lindsay and Weg serving as executive producers.

The Bricklayer was published by William Morrow in January, 2010. Boyd is actually a pseudonym used by former FBI agent Paul Lindsay. In the book, his main character, Steve Vail, is a former FBI agent, working as a Chicago bricklayer, whom the agency reaches out to help track down and combat the criminal gang. The plot also involves a female deputy director at the FBI who is assigned to work with Vail – a part that that has not yet been cast.

Butler, repped by CAA and Alan Siegel Entertainment, will next be seen in Coriolanus and Machine Gun Preacher, both of which are playing the upcoming Toronto International Film Festival.

Boyd is repped by ICM, while Weg is repped by UTA.

Source: The Hollywood Reporter

Synopsis of book HERE

Cheryl

Is it only me that finds it incredibly cool that Gerry has interest in all these different books? I love it. He doesn't just rely on the crap that comes across his desk. We know Gerry is a reader, and he knows a good story when he reads one.

I hope he does get one or more of the novels he wants made into films. He would be wonderful at bringing any of those intriguing characters to life.

Thanks, Cheryl!

Lisa

I always love it when I hear that Evil Twins or Gerry is considering something new. This sounds like it might be a good one too. The only "problem" with making a film from a novel is getting a good screenplay out of it. I didn't read anything about there already being one so I assume that would have to be done and the author sounds to be a bit of a stickler about keeping things accurate. Even though I can appreciate his passion to keep his story true as possible, once it's in the works for a film, he will probably have to slack up a bit.

I love Charlize Theron and her idea sounded great but not for this character. I hope Gerry takes this one on!

Delene

• 5 months later...

Looks like this is no longer just a rumor!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/gerard-butler-star-fbi-thriller-220434

Gerard Butler to Star in FBI Thriller 'The Bricklayer,' Based on the Novel by Noah Boyd (Exclusive)

7:50 PM 8/8/2011 by Gregg Kilday

Project is the first to be assembled by Mark Gill, since becoming president of Millennium Films.

Millenium Films has acquired the rights to The Bricklayer, the best-selling novel by former FBI agent Noah Boyd, and attached Gerard Butler to star as a rogue former agent who’s called in to help battle a criminal group that is demanding an escalating series of multi-million dollar ransom payments.

It’s the first project to be assembled by Mark Gill since he stepped into the role of Millenium president in June, and he’ll oversee it along with Boaz Davidson, head of development and creative affairs, and head of production John Thompson.

Hanna Weg (Enigma) is adapting the novel for the screen. Butler, Alan Siegel and Danielle Robinson are producing, with Erik Lindsay and Weg serving as executive producers.

The Bricklayer was published by William Morrow in January, 2010. Boyd is actually a pseudonym used by former FBI agent Paul Lindsay. In the book, his main character, Steve Vail, is a former FBI agent, working as a Chicago bricklayer, whom the agency reaches out to help track down and combat the criminal gang. The plot also involves a female deputy director at the FBI who is assigned to work with Vail – a part that that has not yet been cast.

Butler, repped by CAA and Alan Siegel Entertainment, will next be seen in Coriolanus and Machine Gun Preacher, both of which are playing the upcoming Toronto International Film Festival.

Boyd is repped by ICM, while Weg is repped by UTA.

My first thought when I read this was GOOD, now Gerry can beef up to look like a bricklayer! :) I know, that is shallow of me. But, I am a happy camper now!

~HUGS~ Kathy

Sounds like an awesome role....something with action and drama which I think is where Gerry shines the most. He's got a wicked funny sense of humor but let's face it romantic comedies don't stretch his acting chops....Plus I want him more bulked up...like in Gamer. :wuv::drool1::cunning:

I just got a vision of him as a bricklayer, working away, hot and sweaty, and I gotta tell ya, that man can lay my bricks any day!

Hey, Kathy, I'd be happy for some return of beefcake too and I'm so shallow you can see through me! :funnyup:

Delene

:detect:The plot also involves a female deputy director at the FBI who is assigned to work with Vail – a part that that has not yet been cast.

Okay;this part should go to someone like Jodie Foster...she was fantastic in "Silence of the Lambs"...He also acted with her in "Nim's Island" so...thanks for the info I am so ready for this new "Thriller"..

:detect:The plot also involves a female deputy director at the FBI who is assigned to work with Vail – a part that that has not yet been cast.

Okay;this part should go to someone like Jodie Foster...she was fantastic in "Silence of the Lambs"...He also acted with her in "Nim's Island" so...thanks for the info I am so ready for this new "Thriller"..

Sounds good guys. Might the female deputy director be a woman with a soft soothing nature,but yet cunning in a charming way and who stands firm in the face of fear . Re-evaluating the sexes and their constant bickering process. Needing less who's right and more fair fight.

Edited by planetwalkers

Sounds like another great role for our Gerry.

I hope it starts filming right after "Mavericks" so it will be out soon.

I'm hoping to be well enough to go see MGP and Coriolanus.

I can't wait for new material by Gerry. I hope MGP is out on

DVD for Christmas.

Love him absolutely,

Sandy

I would love to see him work with Jodie Foster again.... :D

I just got a vision of him as a bricklayer, working away, hot and sweaty, and I gotta tell ya, that man can lay my bricks any day!

Hey, Kathy, I'd be happy for some return of beefcake too and I'm so shallow you can see through me! :funnyup:

Delene

I checked on my library website and they have, "The Bricklayer" and it is available so I put a hold on it. I'll be picking it up tomorrow. After reading it I will suggest the actress to play the FBI female role.

Delene...I'll join you in the see through image we both have. I LOVE Gerry a little beefier and I love the picture you make of how Gerry will look. YES, hot and sweaty with NO shirt and rippling muscles working away as he lays the bricks. *SIGH*

~HUGS~ Kathy

I would love to see him work with Jodie Foster again.... :D

Me too; they hit is off so well working on Nim's Island; and if it wasn't for Jodie Foster; "Silence of the Lambs" would have never made it to the top...The other's who took her place for the sequels didn't fair up as well at the box office. Jodie might be small but she can sure pack a punch with a gun!

I am so thrilled Gerry will make this movie. :yay: This sounds like it will be perfect role for Gerry.

I am from a whole family of bricklayers and brick masons. I did love to go with my Dad to the job sites now and then and see the rippling biceps and good looking lads laying brick. :yummy: They sure appreciated the cool water drinks me and my galfriends in our short shorts and halter tops brought them! ;)

So if there are a few scenes of Gerry as a bricklayer--the more the better! :wuv:

Diane

If you get a chance, read the book. It's a real page-turner - definitely deserves at least 4-1/2 stars. Gerry is perfect for Vail.

Very slight possible spoiler:

Let us hope that the scene in the laundromat is written into the movie and played verbatim. And that's all I have to say about that.:cunning:

If you get a chance, read the book. It's a real page-turner - definitely deserves at least 4-1/2 stars. Gerry is perfect for Vail.

Very slight possible spoiler:

Let us hope that the scene in the laundromat is written into the movie and played verbatim. And that's all I have to say about that.:cunning:

Well, the good news is: My library has it.Posted Image

The bad news: It's listed as lost. Posted Image

Phooey.

I don't know what kind of bricklayers y'all are used to seeing, but all the ones I've ever worked with are RAILY from long days of back-breaking work and sweating! They look exactly as Gerry looks right now.

That being said, I'm all for him adding on a few lbs. and getting a hair cut! I likes 'em FLUFFY! :woo:

Gotta get this book! This is right up my ally and Gerry as a bricklayer ............... :drool1: Who'd a thunk! I thought it was just me but I also like Gerbear beefed up just a bit!

Thanks for the heads up Cheryl! :wave:

Frannie