Gerard Butler GALS

#4 Hollywood's New Leading Men

Catwoman

I never did see what the attraction was for Pitt or Clooney personally as sexy. Pitt's always looks ill kept or homeless looking. Clooney is a good guy but he just doesn't do it for me. I've got to look at a guy and get that feeling down deep inside, you know the one with little butterflies and the one that makes you catch your breath when you're staring at his face and you realize you've stop breathing! Yeah, that's the feeling! :cunning:

Delene

Are these necessarily in the order of popularity or just a list? If so, Gerry beat out a bunch of guys including Robert Pattinson.

By the way where are Hugh Jackman and Russell Crowe? Did they just fall of the Earth or what?

Delene

After the latest in the series of the "Twilight" saga, "Breaking Dawn" comes out I predict there will be a new one to add to the list, Rami Malek. I saw him for the first time in "Night At The Museum". He's got a lot of potential!

I'm also surprised Taylor Lautner isn't up there either. A couple of those guys I've never heard of.

Delene

Gerry should be #1! They forgot Alex O'Loughlin, Russell Crowe and Hugh Jackman. To me, Robert Pattison is still a kid.

This is a list of the NEW leading men. Russell and Hugh have been leading men for a while, and Alex is a TV leading man.

As for the stupid RPatz thing ... it's the fact that Hollywood has this stupid obsession with youth. They demand the stars look as young as possible and they pander to the younger audience as well. Alex, Russell and Hugh

However, all that said .... Gerry is FINALLY in the Top 10 of something like this. I don't normally give much credence to silly lists, but this is from something on CNN and so it has a tad more relevance.

Of course he's #1 in our hearts and minds. And he's moving his way up the respect ladder in Hollywood. I've said before that the slower it takes, the more lasting power he'll have. I'd much rather he prove himself and take his time than becoming another flash-in-the-pan. Cuba Gooding, Jr., ladies - always my example. The guy has a buttload of talent but he burst onto the scene too fast and now he's doing commercials.

I'm so proud of Gerry, and what a ride it's been so far. Only gonna get better.

I could never understand attraction to Robert Pattison. To me he is kinda crippy looking even without his Vanmipre make up.

I agree, lol. He is creepy.

I'm glad to see Gerry on the list, but of course as all of you I think he should be numbero uno.

I don't even know half of those guys on that list. I've heard of Brad Pitt and George Clooney (who hasn't.) I've also heard of Bradley Cooper; Robert Pattinson; James Franco; Ryan Reynolds and Chris Pine, but all the other ones never even heard of.

I could never understand attraction to Robert Pattison. To me he is kinda crippy looking even without his Vanmipre make up.

I'm glad to see Gerry on the list, but of course as all of you I think he should be numbero uno.

I don't even know half of those guys on that list. I've heard of Brad Pitt and George Clooney (who hasn't.) I've also heard of Bradley Cooper; Robert Pattinson; James Franco; Ryan Reynolds and Chris Pine, but all the other ones never even heard of.

I totally agree and think that he should be number 1. I mean really he's totally hotPosted Image

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Chris Pine! I think he has a great career ahead of him. :) And I don't really consider him to be a little boy like I do Pattinson. Same with RR. But Chris Pine is on my Top 10 list for sure.

Glad Gerry's #4, but I'm kinda shocked that Johnny Depp or Christian Bale isn't up there. I wonder why.

Like I said earlier, this was a poll for the NEW leading man. Actors like Depp, Bale, Crowe, etc. won't be on it because they've been leading men for a very long time. :)

JMHO.

hey, I think it's great that Gerry made the list regardless of where he is, but still top 10, thats pretty awesome, and he's beat out RPatz. Most of those guys I'm not into in the least to be perfectly honest, except Gerry of course, and the delectable Michael Fassbender (# 10 spot) who I'm currently obsessing over just a wee bit. He's a bloody brilliant actor, Michael Fassbender I mean...I'm dying to see him in Jane Eyre.

Edited by AngelofMusic

I agree with Lisa ... it's a list of New Leading Men .... not a ranking of the hottest men. And the first slide of George and Brad (who in my humble opinion are hot...not as hot as Gerry...but hot) is to say "good bye" to them ... not ranking them as number 1. I'm just glad to see that the powers to be have finally figured out what we here at GALS have known for a long time .... Gerry is a TOP LEADING MAN!!!!

:whome2: Yes, YOU! :cheer2:

I agree with Lisa ... it's a list of New Leading Men .... not a ranking of the hottest men. And the first slide of George and Brad (who in my humble opinion are hot...not as hot as Gerry...but hot) is to say "good bye" to them ... not ranking them as number 1. I'm just glad to see that the powers to be have finally figured out what we here at GALS have known for a long time .... Gerry is a TOP LEADING MAN!!!!

Yes, YOU!

Thanks, Sue. I thought I was invisible for a moment. :lol: And yes, the first slide says Goodbye Brad and George. I also don't think there is any ranking at all. It's just a list of 14 new leading men in Hollywood. I'm just glad that Gerry is on the list. :D

I was really glad to see Idris and Chris on the list. Sam Worthington is cute, too. :)

Gerry is #1 on my list... I think many of the young actors are pretty boys - lacking that rugged, masculine appeal... No actor really appealed to me before our Gerry!! He has it all goin on... :-D

Veronica