Gerard Butler GALS
becozy

4/6/11 - Arnold Schwarzenegger's below-the-belt blow on Gerard Butler

Scot Gerard Butler has had his amazing physique in 300 outrageously put under question by none other than Arnold Schwarzenegger, who apparently claims it was computer generated. However, we have the proof that the aged Terminator star is misinformed...

Scot Gerard Butler has had his amazing physique in 300 outrageously put under question by none other than Arnold Schwarzenegger, who apparently claims it was computer generated. However, we have the proof that the agedTerminator star is misinformed...

It’s been reported today that the former California governor has exploded the “myth Gerard Butler was ripped and toned for his role as a Spartan hero in cult action film 300” – something that’ll be sure to enrage the hunky Scottish pin-up.

Schwarzenegger made the apparent “discovery” after approaching the 300 producer Mark Canton, asking for details about the fitness regimen Butler adopted for the hit film.

The impressed Terminator star reportedly wanted to track down the Scot's trainer and hire him to get him back into shape following his spell as California Governor, which just recently ended.

Schwarzenegger told Entertainment Weekly magazine: “I said to Mark Canton, 'You have got to get a hold of this guy (Butler). I want to know what his training regimen is.'

“Canton said, 'What are you talking about? (That look) cost me a lot of money.'”

However, standing at Butler’s side like a brave Spartan, and ready to take Schwarzenegger on, we’ve discovered behind-the-scenes footage that proves that the Scot’s body was entirely the product of his own making. (Well, alongside the training and fitness experts that will have assisted him in getting into shape, of course.) Here’s our first evidence, showing the sparsely clothed star as he was being filmed:

Video Link on YouTube: http://youtu.be/efSYlfCbTPY

As if that wasn’t enough – and we know some of you will want to be as thorough as possible checking into Gerard’s physique – here’s a second video showing why as King he had to look bigger than the other actors, and talking about the amazing amount of work he put in:

Video Link on YouTube:

So, that enough proof for you old man Arnie?

Posted by STV 06 April 2011 09:57 GMT

Please, remember our GALS Guidelines...

Respect and No bashing of Arnold, please, but feel free to 'vent'! :D

I won't say much, given the restrictions, but I have to say that when this story first broke a few days ago, I was fuming & really shocked that the statement was made. I can only hope it was taken out of context, because taken at face value, the remark is offensive. Not only is offensive to Gerry, I think it is to all the the actors, stunt people & trainers that worked so hard in preparation for the film.

I was very happy to see this article, which hopefully will help dispute it, at least partly.

So many people already thought/assumed the body was CGI & to them this is just confirmation. During the promotion of the film & even since, whenever an interviewer insinuated it's CGI, I cringed. I know Gerry jokes about it, saying things like they were foam latex, but he really worked so hard to be the best he could be for that role & I think it's a shame that the assumption is often otherwise.

Ren

One of our members has been wintering in Palm Springs and she has become friends with a man who was an extra Spartan on "300". She told me he said that no one worked harder than Gerry to get into shape and the results are real. He also said that Gerry was very funny and an all around great guy.

I hope Arnold owns up to his mistake. That's what matters in a man, not the body development. I also hope that Mark Canton makes a statement to clarity his original statement.

~HUGS~ Kathy

Edited by Forbes girl

:wave:

Nicely commented Ren! ;)

Yeah, I think Arnold's comment was designed to garner a lot of attention

now that he's wants back into the entertainment industry. :lalala:

Kathy, yes, by all accounts Gerry is a very hard worker and a fun co-worker! Thanks for the 'share'! :D

Oooookaaaay...Message to the Official Spanker: I promise to be a good GAL...

Let me put it this way, if I may: My primary workout routine is lifting weights and strength training. Been doing it for nearly four years now. As sometimes happens with folks doing this kind of training, I got a little too confident in myself and contacted the trainer in Salt Lake to see about undergoing the same type of training with the only modification being that it be geared for a woman older than 30 (women's bones are somewhat smaller than a man's). So, he gets in touch with my trainer and they put their heads together....

Now, at that point in my training, I definitely had enough experience to tell a couple of things: 1. What is and isn't a CGI-generated body. (Movement physiology gives it away.) and 2. What a body looks like if one has been dipping into the steroid pool. Of this much I was certain - that physique was real as real can get and the set stills confirmed it.

Then, fool that I was (didn't know it then) I began the training regimen.... Trust me on this one: I have the highest admiration and respect for what Gerry went through for 300. I wasn't even able to come close and probably never will.:bow::bow::bow:

Sorry, Arnie. Knowing what the gym in Salt Lake charges and what the trainer who worked with Gerry charges, I think what Mark meant was that the look cost him a lot because he paid for the training, not special effects. Oh, and one other thing...as one who tried the workout, should you decide to undertake the regimen, I'd like to wish you the best of luck. You'll need it. :kisswink:

Let's hope that Arnold's comment or Mark's comment was taken out of context.

I've just watched the videos and might I say after watching the first one, I really want to see 300! And after seeing just part of the exercise regimen that Gerry went through, I will hereby quit whining about my stairmaster and ab machine workouts and just do them.

I certainly hope Arnold sees this and makes a public apology to Gerry.

Thanks Barb!!!

hugs,

Sue

The videos speak for themselves. To submit to that kind of workout requires the kind of focus and determination only a few people can muster. That Gerry and his teammates accomplished the feat deserves only the very highest respect and admiration (a little like successfully climbing Mt. Everest without the oxygen tanks). Every time I watch 300, I still shake my head in wonder at what the cast accomplished. Speechless, completely speechless...

:doh:Does this mean that Arnie is planning to remake another Terminator movie? By appology he should have Gerry as his co-star and have him kill Arnie's character for good! But all kidding aside; I love Arnie but not his jealous streak...Be nice Arnie!

Scot Gerard Butler has had his amazing physique in 300 outrageously put under question by none other than Arnold Schwarzenegger, who apparently claims it was computer generated. However, we have the proof that the aged Terminator star is misinformed...

Scot Gerard Butler has had his amazing physique in 300 outrageously put under question by none other than Arnold Schwarzenegger, who apparently claims it was computer generated. However, we have the proof that the agedTerminator star is misinformed...

It's been reported today that the former California governor has exploded the "myth Gerard Butler was ripped and toned for his role as a Spartan hero in cult action film 300" – something that'll be sure to enrage the hunky Scottish pin-up.

Schwarzenegger made the apparent "discovery" after approaching the 300 producer Mark Canton, asking for details about the fitness regimen Butler adopted for the hit film.

The impressed Terminator star reportedly wanted to track down the Scot's trainer and hire him to get him back into shape following his spell as California Governor, which just recently ended.

Schwarzenegger told Entertainment Weekly magazine: "I said to Mark Canton, 'You have got to get a hold of this guy (Butler). I want to know what his training regimen is.'

"Canton said, 'What are you talking about? (That look) cost me a lot of money.'"

However, standing at Butler's side like a brave Spartan, and ready to take Schwarzenegger on, we've discovered behind-the-scenes footage that proves that the Scot's body was entirely the product of his own making. (Well, alongside the training and fitness experts that will have assisted him in getting into shape, of course.) Here's our first evidence, showing the sparsely clothed star as he was being filmed:

As if that wasn't enough – and we know some of you will want to be as thorough as possible checking into Gerard's physique – here's a second video showing why as King he had to look bigger than the other actors, and talking about the amazing amount of work he put in:

Video Link on YouTube:

Respect and No bashing of Arnold, please, but feel free to 'vent'! Posted Image

Sorry Arnie you are dead wrong and I have a Nude Pic of Gerry to prove it. Sorry Gals no Frontal, very artistic shot done of Gerry. One of my Art Professors told me about it. So perhaps someone can send this link to the Gov-enator, and appease his tormented heart, we all get old and nothing is as tight as it used to be.(lol)

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://mercadotv.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Gerard_Butler-Nude102.jpg&imgrefurl=http://mercadotv.com.au/%3Fp%3D2243&usg=__cfNI0SeFDr9bhylwDRQfaysfdAk=&h=464&w=540&sz=19&hl=en&start=0&zoom=1&tbnid=Sbpn_Eh7F99w4M:&tbnh=150&tbnw=151&ei=2RqtTevoCOmD0QHEzbWoCw&prev=/images%3Fq%3DNude%2BGerard%2BButler%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG%26biw%3D1672%26bih%3D683%26gbv%3D2%26tbm%3Disch&itbs=1&iact=rc&dur=500&oei=2RqtTevoCOmD0QHEzbWoCw&page=1&ndsp=29&ved=1t:429,r:15,s:0&tx=88&ty=96

It's been reported today that the former California governor has exploded the "myth Gerard Butler was ripped and toned for his role as a Spartan hero in cult action film 300" – something that'll be sure to enrage the hunky Scottish pin-up.

Schwarzenegger made the apparent "discovery" after approaching the 300 producer Mark Canton, asking for details about the fitness regimen Butler adopted for the hit film.

Schwarzenegger told Entertainment Weekly magazine: "I said to Mark Canton, 'You have got to get a hold of this guy (Butler). I want to know what his training regimen is.'

"Canton said, 'What are you talking about? (That look) cost me a lot of money.'"

However, standing at Butler's side like a brave Spartan, and ready to take Schwarzenegger on, we've discovered behind-the-scenes footage that proves that the Scot's body was entirely the product of his own making. (Well, alongside the training and fitness experts that will have assisted him in getting into shape, of course.) Here's our first evidence, showing the sparsely clothed star as he was being filmed:

As if that wasn't enough – and we know some of you will want to be as thorough as possible checking into Gerard's physique – here's a second video showing why as King he had to look bigger than the other actors, and talking about the amazing amount of work he put in:

Video Link on YouTube:

Respect and No bashing of Arnold, please, but feel free to 'vent'! Posted Image

Sorry Arnie you are dead wrong and I have a Nude Pic of Gerry to prove it. Sorry Gals no Frontal, very artistic shot done of Gerry. One of my Art Professors told me about it. So perhaps someone can send this link to the Gov-enator, and appease his tormented heart, we all get old and nothing is as tight as it used to be.(lol)

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://mercadotv.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Gerard_Butler-Nude102.jpg&imgrefurl=http://mercadotv.com.au/%3Fp%3D2243&usg=__cfNI0SeFDr9bhylwDRQfaysfdAk=&h=464&w=540&sz=19&hl=en&start=0&zoom=1&tbnid=Sbpn_Eh7F99w4M:&tbnh=150&tbnw=151&ei=2RqtTevoCOmD0QHEzbWoCw&prev=/images%3Fq%3DNude%2BGerard%2BButler%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG%26biw%3D1672%26bih%3D683%26gbv%3D2%26tbm%3Disch&itbs=1&iact=rc&dur=500&oei=2RqtTevoCOmD0QHEzbWoCw&page=1&ndsp=29&ved=1t:429,r:15,s:0&tx=88&ty=96

Unfortunately, that is not actually a photo of Gerry's body, just his head placed on someone else's body.....a manip or manipulated photo. It very well-known though, & you might recognize the "head" from this 2003 photo shoot. :)

http://www.gbgalsgallery.com/v/shoots/rankin03/12_14.jpg.html

Ren

:funnyup: Yes I remember that one well Lol.But he did do a great workout to build up those muscles; which were still there for the making of Gamer....Funny how he swore that he would NEVER step foot in a gym again after making 300...Gerry; never say NEVER!

Gerry's forearms are massive in Gamer. Yes, he had a very powerful look in Gamer, but it was quite different from 300.

Ren

http://www.google.co...p=29&ved=1t:429,r:15,s:0&tx=88&ty=96

Vimmie, I see that this is your very first post..... Posted Image !!!! A lot of people have made the mistake of thinking that this is an actual picture of Gerry. As a matter of fact, just recently one of the people that follow Gerry around to get autographs so they can sell it ... gave that picture to Gerry to sign and Gerry laughed and said it was his head but not his body. I know that it was on video but I can't seem to find it to post a link for you....maybe one of the other Gals can though.

hugs,

Sue

:wave:

The video is on YouTube

and the photo is referred to at about 25 seconds in on the video - you can hear Gerry say it's not him - it's his head on another's body

and you can see the 'photo in question' in this HQ image in the Gallery here :pointy:

It was discussed in the All Things GALS/By the GALS/Altered Pictures

Posted ImageBarb...I should have known you would be able to find it immediately.

hugs,

Sue

:yummy: :yummy: :yummy: :yummy: :yummy: :yummy:

gerry did have a great body in 300 and i think that

arnold just might be a little jealous beacuse gerry

is a lot younger and much better looking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry to see Arnold's jealousy of Gerry. I guess it is a compliment

to Gerry, but it is just so belittling to Arnold.

Gerry worked very hard for that body. If it had been CGI I'm sure the

picture execs would have claimed credit for it. They claimed credit

for it being the first movie of it's kind in green screen, etc. That would

have been a very large feather in their cap to be able to CGI all those

guys bodies in the whole film.

I'm sure Arnold knows the industry better than to think it would not

have been claimed as the first ever film to do that kind of CGI.

I think Gerry has always been very gracious to those who question his

endeavors in obtaining that glorious body. He could have been very

rude on many occasions when he has been "Gerry" and played into

the accusations that it was CGI. He is such a sweet spirit, to understand

the childish whims of others. So much more intelligent to just keep

his sense of humor and go on.

We all know how hard he worked for 300 and all the injuries he sustained

and has had to live with since that film.

I hope he knows that none of his real fans ever doubted his accomplishments.

Arnold absolutely owes him a formal and very public apology. I hope he is

man enough to give it.

Love him absolutely,

Sandy