Gerard Butler GALS
irish

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (GALS) continued

Hey all!

What a great little discussion thread here! Another great support group... When I saw the topic, I thought it would be different... May I join in on the conversation? Posted Image

Frannie and Swannie - Still thinking of both of you ladies!! Nice to see you checking in with updates and just saying HI!!

Hi to the rest of you ladies... Some of you I know from FB and Twitter... So nice to chat here too Posted Image

Ciao Belle,

Veronica Posted Image

Hey all!

What a great little discussion thread here! Another great support group... When I saw the topic, I thought it would be different... May I join in on the conversation? Posted Image

Frannie and Swannie - Still thinking of both of you ladies!! Nice to see you checking in with updates and just saying HI!!

Hi to the rest of you ladies... Some of you I know from FB and Twitter... So nice to chat here too Posted Image

Ciao Belle,

Veronica Posted Image

Hi Veronica!! :wave:

The more the merrier!

Hugs,

Buff

Posted Image to the support center Veronica and Kady! Grab a chair and help yourself to something to drink...

Posted ImagePosted Image

Kady, there is no such thing as posting too much....the more the merrier!

My name is Sue and I live in Northern CA, in a city called Redding. It is one of the larger cities north of Sacramento in California but it is very spread out so it still feels like a small town compared to the bay area or southern California. It has lots of mountains, lakes and rivers and for years my hubby and I would spend our vacations up here. So when we retired we built our dream house up here. Two years ago my sweet and wonderful Dan'l, who was my hubby for over 30+ years and who was also my best friend, went home to be with the Lord and so now I am torn between whether or not I want to stay here or sell my house and move closer to my son and grandsons. I recently (as a matter of fact, just this week) listed my house and so we shall see. I have been suffering (cough cough) with GALS since seeing Gerry in Phantom of the Opera....and been loving every symptom I have come down with...lol. Anyway, that's a little about me.

Elissa and Kathy .... :kisswink: thanks ... they are super cute .... but I'm a wee bit biased....lol

hugs to all.

love,

Sue

I live in a tiny southern town in KY. I wish I lived further west so I could have a chance to come to the convention. I wish I could come sooo bad. But I can be satisfied loving Mr. Sexy Pants from afar. (sigh)

Elissa, your little kitten it VERY cute! Ginger kittens have always reminded me of Milo & Otis, though I haven't had one for a few years but two dogs I think is quite enough at the moment. At least until Jasmine gets out from her puppy years. Though I'm hoping she does calm down soon, as I'm looking for her to become a therapy dog for children in hospital. If she is too boisterous, Ori is calm enough at the moment without the specialty training (though he'll have to do that first either way) to take her place. Jasmine is VERY much a people person...they both are, only she just does not know how to sit down for two minutes unless she's asleep...which is only at night time. She's a permanent caffeine attack, which around sick children would not be safe at all. Ori is fine once the greeting process is over, but he can frighten people a bit at first with his excitement.

Sue, that is the way I see it too. My family at this point, is not dealing with things very well really, and there's fighting going on about stuff that really shouldn't be dealt with NOW about the whole situation, but it's hard not to feel like I have to pick sides, but it's something I just don't want to deal with now. The services are only a few hours away (I can only watch via webcast as it's interstate) and it just all seems beyond ridiculous. I really just hope things so smoothly today without arguments. I do however, am grateful for his relief and knowing that where he is, gives him finally a chance to run and play and laugh like little boys his age. It just hurts to not be able to see it and with the only memories was him suffering. I've heard so many stories lately of Menkes children being as old as in their early 30's living almost normally and DRIVING, and yet...there's the selfish part of me that wonders "why couldn't Carter been given that?" But I'm rambling. I am relieved he's not suffering anymore...but I'd just wish he'd been given a chance to have done something he himself would be proud of. Clench a fist, hold his head up on his own...pick up a piece of toast. So many little things that even myself takes advantage of. He will now, I know...but it kind of feels like his life on Earth was in vain without it.

Your grandbabies are just too adorable too! Fynnigan is an angel, too! They both look so happy. And I have the Michael Finnigan nursery rhyme in my head, now!

kaylanismommy, First let me welcome you with open arms! It's lovely to meet new members, epsecially when I've felt so out of the loop here for a while. As long as you love Gerry, you'll always have a place here. That's what we're here for! Heh. Thank you very much for your kind words too. I truly will hold you in my thoughts and prayers myself. As I always do with everyone here. New or old. :hugs:

Sandy, I haven't spoken too much about his illness in the past, only because I didn't like to think of him as sick at the time. But, yes he was very ill. He was born with a very rare and practically unknown genetic disease that is found in less than one male infant in 2,500,000. It can affect females too, but that's even rarer - thankfully. It's a copper disease that affects the metabolism of the copper balances in the body. Making it low levels in some areas and too high in others. There's no cure, and the only official diagnosis test is in Germany, which costs $5000. In most cases, children don't see their tenth birthday. Carter was 20 months old. Two other children from the support group earned their wings this week too; a four-year-old, and an 8-year-old. When usually we deal with one loss a year, one is still too much as well especially when we've all become friends and we're all parents/family members watching our sons and in some cases daughters go through the same thing.

I should introduce myself into the support group too, and I can't believe I've been trying to finish writing this post for already about 3-4 hours!

My name is Amy, contrary to the belief my name is Melodie - Melodie came from a book character I was going to write for my nieces and nephews and I just loved the spelling. I also despise the name 'Amy' most days...I prefer Ames. :) I live in Australia, and trying my darndest to get OUT. I'm very old fashioned so I won't tell you how old I am, it'd shock you. I don't like a lot of modern music apart from a few TALENTED exceptions, I love to write, I love to read (I read Leroux's POTO when I was 5.) I love musicals, broadway, classic country, and satire. Mel Brooks and Tom Lehrer included. I also believe in soul mates, and I on most occassions, can be a little bit of an anti-femminist (feminsit?) I'm an animal rights activist, but I can't stand PETA. I'm also a modern Jacobite...but I can't help that since I'm a Stuart descendant. Lol. I'm also a big sports fan. I go for the Detroit Pistons, L.A. Lakers on occasion, Detroit Lions, Detroit Tigers, and on occasion, the New York Yankees. Usually not when they're playing the Tigers, though. Strangely though, I don't like any of the Olympics...it's like poision to me. Oh, I also have collectively made my maternal family members hate me for being a Glasgow Celtics fan - they're all Rangers supporters. (boo!)

I've been a sufferer of GALS since New Years Day 2007 when I saw P.S. I Love You for Hilary Swank. I kept poking my friend in the side asking her "who IS that? I have to find out!" I got home, googled the movie, found his name on IMDB and unlike other cases where I forget names and just go "that's the guy from that movie!" I never forgot his. Strange, seeing I've been obsessed with Michael Crawford and POTO since I was a post-toddler and yet I never even knew he was in the movie...BUT Gerik is a bit of a controversial topic with me. Also, my stepdad was RAVING about wanting to see 300 when it first came out and I didn't pay too much attention. When I first saw the trailer, I thought "that looks awesome" but for some reason I fell under the impression it was supernatural. I've watched it so religiously now, that one of the rare modern artists that I DO listen (although to me, he's still 'old school') amused the heck out of me with using The Oracle in his newest video. And yet I'm the ONLY one who noticed even though I know tons of his fans who've seen 300 too! Suckers.

My favorite Gerry movie? I don't actually have ONE, but I have a few - In no particular order:

P.S. I Love You

Dear Frankie

Law Abiding Citizen

Dracula 2000

The Jury - not a movie

Lucy Sullivan Is Getting Married - not a movie, but I still adore Gus.

Hi Amy (Melodie, but I love the name Amy),

I've never "met" you before, but thank you for posting so much about yourself. When Gals share so much, we end up feeling as if they are old friends. Your Ger-ney sounds like so many others'! I'm watching "Shattered" while knitting and I just thought to myself, "Lord I'll be glad when he has a new film out because I'm getting to the point where I know the dialogue". It's amazing how so many people can be connected by their love, admiration, and respect for one human being. I've only had this affliction since last fall, but I never want to be "cured" and I treasure the friendships I've made. I hope to get to know you better!

Hugs,

Buff

I don't really mind when people call me Amy - I'm sorry, I should have mentioned that. It just depends on the people and how much I trust them. :) In high school, I wanted to change my whole name and I'd signed my poetry with it - I was teased mercilessly for it. Lol. A lot of my screen names online (practically where I live) seem to have a "name" in them. This one, and the actual sign-in name "GraceAndShadow" so it's a thing where people seem to think my name is either Melodie, or Grace. Lol.

I love to meet new people too...especially on GALS. Everyone, no matter new or old is so friendly it's incrediable. I think also because a lot of people I know off of GALS don't understand the admiration and obsession very well. Lol. So they tune-out and we don't really have much in common when the topics come up 90% of the time. IT kind of severs a bond there I think.

Good evening one and all. Love and hugs to everyone, those I know, sort of know, and get to meet tonight.

I am Jill -- on here, I am Auntm because I am Aunt M to my beloved nephew... so, Amy, I understand deep and abiding love for a wee one that it states away - yet also the dearest part of your heart. I'm here for you on that. I am a teacher, for most of my life! eek! 32 years of teaching middle school. I live in Redding, in No. California, and get to know and be lunch buddies with our own dear Irish (aka Sue of the gorgeous grand-boys). It is a lovely area, but having serious problems right now with the economy and the stresses that places on children and families. I have a brother on the east coast (with his wife and MY nephew)... and my folks are both still alive and living in central California. I love my years here at GALS... I got to go to convention twice and am trying my dangedest to get back there -- life just keeps getting in the way. It's not much, but that's about me... and I am soooo happy to see new members on the board.

Love to Fran, Elissa, and Susie. The new kitties are gorgeous...and Susie, I need more Butler pictures!!! How are your shoes holding up? It doesn't seem possible that it was a year ago that you guys were here, Elissa!

Irish, buddy! Thanks for the Easter invite. I missed it. My aunt died on Easter Sunday (and what a lady to have appreciated THAT irony). I took off running for Santa Cruz and then headed back to the convention in Sacramento where I was working on the 3 banquets for my education society.... wow, did I feel the weight of getting the tickets and counting them to make the numbers all balance. Goodness, I worried myself the rest of the way gray over that. .... and now, to keep 70 6th graders corralled for the last 3 weeks of school when they have declared it over and done.

Love and prayers....hugs and kisses,.....AND as Kaylanismommy1 said it so well, I'll be in "love with Mr. Sexy Pants from afar" too....oh yes I will..... (and I went head over tea kettle of Dear Frankie -- and never looked back!).

Jill

Hi Jill...I'm sorry to hear that about your aunt sweetie. MY sincere condolences. Well, we will have to get together SOMETIME after your corralling job is over.

It's going to be a whirlwind summer for me.... This next week I'll be going down to the bay area for B2's 4th birthday (it seems like just yesterday he was born). And than I'll come back for two weeks and than I have to go back down again for the preliminary trial for Danna's murder case (they say that will take two days) and that weekend my granddaughter, Brittney will be graduating from college and so I'm just going to stay down there until after that. Than I come home for a few days and than I have to drive back down to Sacramento to get on a plane for :vegasbaby: ! In my spare time (he, he) I'm still trying to sell my house and help my daughter Darla prepare for her wedding on July 16th. My mission today is to make and print up the invitation cards (we went yesterday and picked out a kit for this). Sooooooo...somehow in between all of this hopefully we can at least have one outing Jill~ lol.

Amy, you have one of my all time favorite names my dear. Why would anyone tease you about that? I think it is a beautiful name and it always reminds me of beautiful little Amy (played by Elizabeth Taylor) in Little Women. I'm still praying for your family sweetie....losing a child is so devastating but I'm so glad that you have the peace and comfort of knowing that he is in a much better place now.

Frannie, I'm not sure if you will see this sweet sister....but I'm thinking about you today. I hope your trip up to New York was safe and uneventful and that your mom was truly surprised when you showed up with flowers for her today.

To all of the mom's here....I just want to wish all of you a Posted Image!!

Mothers and daughters

Were daughters and mothers

Not so long ago.

We give and take

And take and give

Along time's endless row.

Love is passed

And love received

To be passed on again:

A precious heirloom

Twice, twice blessed,

A spiritual cardigan.

I'll put it on

And treasure it,

The me I have received,

And when the roles

Reverse again,

I'll have what I most need.

So may our love

Go on and on,

A hundred thousand years;

Mothers and daughters,

Daughters and mothers,

Through joys and other tears.

Posted Image and hugs,

Sue

Sue! That poem almost made me cry! This Mother's Day is especially hard on me because these last four months I have been so sick I haven't felt much like a mom. It has been killing me. I identify myself as a wife(not technically because we can't afford to get married yet) and mother. And when I am too sick to clean or cook, or when I am so sick that Kaylani cries to be picked up but I can't comfort her it feels like my soul is shattering. I love my baby so much and so far this year has been horrible. I am finally feeling a little like my old self because I am finally on good meds, but I still feel like like I was missing out on time with her these last four months. She would hand me a book and try to climb in my lap and I would be so nauseas that I would would speed through it as fast as I could. And then I was in the hospital and didn't see her for three days. It has been just as hard emotionally because I felt so useless. I know that's a bummer guys, but It all just came pouring out. I know I can share with you guys and that is what makes feel a little better each time I need a friend. Happy Mother's Day to you all.

Oh Kady, Posted Image to you sweetie. I understand what you are feeling and why. Many years ago when my son was a toddler I suffered a severe neck and back problem....I actually severed part of my trapezoidal muscle and had to spend one day short of a month in the hospital and many months after that in traction. I was a young divorced mother and my Dan'l and I, though we were dating had not yet made any kind of life long commitment. My ex was newly married; my mother had passed away the year before and I thank God I had my dad who, between him, my ex husband, my brother and Dan'l took care of Bryan....but it was a horrible time in my life. When it first happened I thought tomorrow I'll feel better and be able to take care of Bryan....and then it was next week...weeks turned into months and I felt so terrible that I almost did the unthinkable. But somehow I think that time actually brought me and my son closer together.

Posted Image

So sweetie, somehow you are going to get through this and I just know that your daughter is going to know how much she is loved (and that's what matters most anyways). I just truly believe that God brought you here and that you and Frannie are going to help each other fight this terrible disease. I don't know if Frannie told you when you two talked but I called her close to midnight when I first read that you had the same disease as she has. I'm glad I didn't wake Bobby up. lol

hugs,

Sue

Sorry to add to the sorrow on the page, but we lost my sweet step-son, Danny, this morning. He was 47 and died of cancer. His brother, David, is crushed. Dan and David were the sons of my beloved Gene who was lost to cancer in 2005. The boys also lost their birth mother to cancer. David is the last of the original family and there is a certain amount of fear that he could follow them with the same disease. I assure you, his wife (a nurse) is watching him like a hawk! He is taking the loss of his little brother very hard and my heart hurts for him.

When Gene and his first wife were divorced, David (aged 14) chose to go with his father, while 13 yr. old Dan chose to go with his mother. Over the years the boys drifted apart but truly reconnected shortly before they lost their dad. David moved Dan into his home earlier this year when we learned his cancer was no longer treatable. Although Dan and I never had a chance to become close, we did became good friends. Danny was funny and charming and had such promise and so many things he wanted to do in this world. It breaks my heart he never got the chance to do them. We'll miss him.

Suzie

Dear Suzie, I am so sorry sweetie. I know you knew this day was coming but that doesn't make it any easier. Please give David my deepest sympathy as well.

Posted Image

Love you...

hugs,

Sue

Sometimes it feels like there is nothing but tragedy in this world. Thank you for your kind words Sue. I'm not sure if Frannie told me or if I read it in a post, but I know you got so excited you couldn't wait to tell Frannie so you called her to tell her. And you said sorry for calling so late but I was so excited to tell you. Which is adorable of you.

I'm more glad each day that I joined this site. In just a short time I feel like I belong and that is precious to me. I feel kinda crappy today because I cleaned for three hours and overworked myself. My Grandma is coming tomorrow and even tho I love her she tends to point out every little smudge or speck of dirt. Plus I've been putting it off for like three days. But anyway thank so much and hugs to all.

And Suzie I am so sorry to hear that. It's hard to lose family like that, especially all to such a disease. When my Grandmother died my mom and I symbolically lost the rest of my mother's family because some were angry over the will and the rest didn't want to take sides so they didn't bother to call or keep in touch. So at 15 I lost a Grandmother we had lived with my whole life and the rest of my family as well. Until my Gran died we had been a close family, but after they turned their backs on us. My parents were newly divorced and my mother was having a really hard time adjusting to being a single mom to two children and losing her mother too. And I am making a pledge not to put anything else sad on here for at least a week.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by kaylanismommy1

Goodness gracious, so much happening with my Gals sisters.

Kady, my heart goes out to you! When I was first diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, I spent a lot of time on their WebMD board. The saddest, most heart-rending thing I read over and over was women who couldn't pick up their children or grandchildren because of the pain. I'm glad you have some meds that work and hope Frannie gets to that same point.

Suzie, so sorry to hear about your stepson. 47 is so very young; he potentially had only lived half his life. DH's father is 95. Cancer is such an awful disease. I mom died of it at age 34 and I can't believe after all the years of research, etc., they can't find a cure.

Sue, since I've only been on since last Fall, do you mind telling me who Danna is? Maybe there's a thread on here I could read instead of asking you to rehash?

Hi Amy, Jill (I don't think we've met!) and to all of my sisters I hope your suffering will soon be over. It's amazing to me how friendly and light-hearted everyone is on Gals, when in fact there are several bearing heavy crosses.

Love you all,

Buff

Posted Image and Posted Imagemy dear sisters and friends....

I need to start getting ready for church but couldn't do that until I came back by and checked in. Buffy, Danna was my step daughter who was murdered by the father of her child in 1996. It's a long story but since I started a prayer thread here at GALS Danna has gone from "Missing" to being identified as a Jane Doe who was murdered in 1996 and finally to the arrest of the man her dad and I believed did something to her from the very beginning (and told every investigator who would listen). It was only in August of this past year that we found out where Danna's body had been buried as a Jane Doe and so we had a memorial for her in October of last year and a grave stone placed on the most beautiful resting place we could have asked for and in a cemetery right across the street from where her grandparents are buried. Two weeks later her ex was arrested and has been in jail ever since. His trial is hopefully going to start this summer (the preliminary hearing is set for May 31st). God does answer prayer in His perfect time. If you would like to read the who thing it is here:

http://www.gerardbutlergals.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12013

So as you can see Buf...it's another reason why GALS and the convention have special meaning for me....The Shade Tree! No woman should ever have to go through what our Danna did.

hugs to all.

love,

Sue

Happy Mother's Day to everyone, whether you have human "babies" or fur babies!

:kiss:

Delene

My goodness. I'm sorry to hear that Sue. Happy Mother's Day to all. I hope your day is wonderful, that your loved ones are healthy, that your prayers are answered, and that the sun shines beautifully for you.

Jill, I'm so sorry for your loss.

Sue, The poem was beautiful! I had tears in my eyes. I can't help but think of my Mama. The truth be told I can't help but think of her every day. She lost her battle with cancer in 2007. Mother's Day was always one of her favorite holidays. I think it was because she always did so much for us kids that it was nice to have us do for her for a day.

Suzie, I'm so sorry for your loss. I wish they could find a cure for this awful disease.

I hope you all had a very Happy Mother's Day!

Sweet Sue,

I can't express how your story has affected me. I was once an avid reader of Ann Rule stories, but my heart was constantly breaking, so I had to stop. It's too emotional to read about others, but to know a member of our sisterhood has been involved in something so terrible is almost too much to bear. My heart breaks for you, dear one!

When I see you in LV I can't wait to give you a giant hug, and I hope I can keep the tears from flowing.

Love,

Buff

awww thanks Buf .... wait until you hear Marlene talk....she is the director of the Shade Tree and I swear she is a true angel in all she does to help women and their children (even their animals) get out of abusive situations....

I can't wait to give you a hug as well!!!

love,

Sue

Happy Mother's Day one and all....

Buff! Hello to you too. IT's a pleasure to find you here.

Fran, you are very much in my heart and thoughts this Mother's Day.

Elissa, what a glorious picture of you and Erin. Amazeballs. Love it you lucky lady!

Suzie. I am so sorry. Both the boys are with me today, in thought and prayer, as are you, my dear friend.

IRISH! You tell the tale so graciously and gracefully....but, I also do know how much is in my heart. My love, friendship, and prayers go with you as you start down THIS pathway.... and the picture of you with the two B's.... precious precious precious.

I had a wonderful chance to see my Mom during Spring Break, exceedingly short, but in one of those always take the opportunity when you can. When you compile it with good talks on the phone like today - well, it is time to count the blessings. On to some Dad time now as Father's Day approaches AND a big planned trip for two with him. That'll be an interesting wrinkle to our relationship (which has been building like gang busters this past 4 years, I hasten to add). The chance to have a growing and changing relationship with my father is an unexpected gift for my 50's!

I just regret that his desire to 'see the family' (translate - 3 states in 10 days) keeps me from Vegas this year. This was the year I was coming back. Bring on next year!!!!!

Love to you all.

Jill

:tissues: I hope so Jill!!!! Darn that dad of yours anyway!! (I can say that cause I know him). :kisswink:

hugs,

Sue

WHAT???? No Jill in Vegas???? AGH!!!!!!!! :tantrum:

Suzie

:wave: everyone! Well, here I am playing catch-up in the Support Center yet again! :bonk: I had an incredibly busy week last week with work and Harp & Shamrock meetings. Somehow I found myself on the Nominating Committee again after I had decided to "lay low" and let someone else volunteer, but the president of the board appointed me to the committee...sigh. At least on the committee I could make sure I didn't get nominated to anything else! :funnyface: Work was really busy last week too, and we were short-handed as usual! I got so far behind with charting on Saturday that I had to stay over 2.5 hours to finish it! :(

Yesterday, I had the day off and Good Sport and Erin treated me to brunch after church at one of my favorite restaurants. Then I came home and took a 2 hour nap! :D

Last night, I realized that our laptops are using a wireless signal from someone else's system. When I tried to get into our own network, I couldn't get a signal although our wired-in desk-top computer gets on-line without problems. After over an hour on the telephone with the service provider, the tech said we need a new modem, so someone is coming out this afternoon to switch it out and configure the system. Meanwhile, I'm still mooching internet from someone else. :lalala:

Suzie-you know I'm really sorry about Danny. You and your family are in my prayers. :hearts:

Jill- I was looking forward to seeing you again in Vegas! :tissues: But I understand the importance of family time. :)

Buff- Sue is right about Marlene! What an inspiration!

Hugs to all! :)