Gerard Butler GALS
irish

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (GALS) continued

Happy Mother's Day one and all....

Buff! Hello to you too. IT's a pleasure to find you here.

Fran, you are very much in my heart and thoughts this Mother's Day.

Elissa, what a glorious picture of you and Erin. Amazeballs. Love it you lucky lady!

Suzie. I am so sorry. Both the boys are with me today, in thought and prayer, as are you, my dear friend.

IRISH! You tell the tale so graciously and gracefully....but, I also do know how much is in my heart. My love, friendship, and prayers go with you as you start down THIS pathway.... and the picture of you with the two B's.... precious precious precious.

I had a wonderful chance to see my Mom during Spring Break, exceedingly short, but in one of those always take the opportunity when you can. When you compile it with good talks on the phone like today - well, it is time to count the blessings. On to some Dad time now as Father's Day approaches AND a big planned trip for two with him. That'll be an interesting wrinkle to our relationship (which has been building like gang busters this past 4 years, I hasten to add). The chance to have a growing and changing relationship with my father is an unexpected gift for my 50's!

I just regret that his desire to 'see the family' (translate - 3 states in 10 days) keeps me from Vegas this year. This was the year I was coming back. Bring on next year!!!!!

Love to you all.

Jill

Sorry, I don't know you or anything about your relationship with your Dad, although it sounds like it's been difficult. Can I ask what is the story? I have had the a kind of relationship do over recently with my Grandma. Growing up she was kind of mean to me, along with an Aunt of mine. I had an older cousin that my whole family put on a pedestal and who they compared me to. I never measured up and I got compared to her negatively a lot. Now, though she has shown her true colors and done a lot of bad things and they have realized they chose the wrong one to glorify and now my Grandma is trying to make amends. She is a lot different than when I was a child and we are trying to have a new relationship. My family has learned that if they won't respect me I will cut ties so a lot of things have changed. Don't know if posting this was an inappropriate post, but what you wrote sounded similar and made me want to share.

Well, I'll let Jill tell you about her relationship with her dad.....but I think there has always been a great love there. It's just her dad was a "NuKe" as we loving called those involved in the Nuclear Submarine business. HOWEVER, I'll share my story. Jill and I met because of GALS. I never knew Jill pre Gerry...lol...however, I knew her dad. My hubby and I retired from Mare Island Naval Shipyard. Mare Island was probably one of the biggest employers down in the Napa/Vallejo area (about 50 miles from San Francisco. Jill's dad was one of the big bosses on the yard (as was my brother in law) and my hubby was kinda up there as well. He was a Reactor Plant General Foreman in charge of the Reactor Plants on Nuclear Submarines. Jill's dad was Mr. Montgomery and he was in charge of all Nuclear Material for the subs. I started out as the secretary to the Nuclear Repair Officer (so we were all Nukes as they say) and that is how I met my wonderful hubby. That's the background....... So anyway, Jill goes to the 2nd GALS convention not knowing anyone and somehow during that weekend some of the GALS find out she lives in Redding, CA and mention that they believe another GAL lives up here in Redding. Jill comes back from the convention and I can't even remember (Jill might) but we hook up and decide to have lunch with a couple of other Gerry fans I've come to know. Jill and I are the first to arrive at the restaurant and we start talking....we find out that she is from Vallejo (where Mare Island is located) and I tell her that I worked most of my life in Vallejo. She says "don't tell me....Mare Island?" Well, it turns out that I knew her dad and when I asked her if she knew my brother in law (who was the same pay grade/same kind of position as her dad) she says nooooo...the only Dever she knew was Danny Dever (MY HUBBY)....LOL. She was best friends with my Dan'l's first wife's sister! How is that for a small world! We have been dear friends ever since and I couldn't wait to Jill to come up to my house and see Dan'l after all those years. He couldn't believe it either....

So Kady.....you and Frannie coming together is not the first "small world isn't it" thing to happen on GALS...lol

hugs,

Sue

Seems like GALS has a lot of fated meetings going on, doesn't it?

Hi Gals...I apologize for being away,I've tried to read back and catch up,but it's hard because I'm so tired right now and my FMS is flaring up.

Melody,I am sorry for your loss.I really truly am.

Also Happy Belated Mother's Day to you all.Sorry I missed it.

I've had so much going on it's ridiculous.My car broke down Easter Sunday and is still not fixed entirely.Someone naming no names towed it home and in the process pulled my front right bumper loose along with hoses and the turbo cooler and it's still not functioning.I've been driving my mom's car with no a/c,with the Southern sticky hot weather starting.My schedule has been packed,$ issues...tornados,flooding my childhood part of South East Missouri....and yesterday I had a u/s of my breasts to check for breast cancer...I'm really nervous about that.I'm plum worn out.

sorry to complain...hugs to you all.I'll try to make it by more often.

GALS does provide fated meetings, yes it does!

Well, Sue did so well to explain it all... and you shouldn't believe there wasn't love, there was always love. There was just a job that had to be done that filled the entire horizon...which meant I ended up being closer in to my Mom as a teenager and my earlier adult years. My Mom decided they should separate a few year back... and I have had the time alone with my Dad that I never had before. It has been great...and as he is getting older (a very fit and spry 80 but 80 nonetheless), the priority IS to take the trips and spend the time together. In the mean time, I am going through a more distant phase with my Mom -- which is its own kind of weird.... so, no big dramas...just a second chance...and knowledge of how many don't get that chance. So then there is gratitude.

But, with a 10 day odyssey here there and everywhere....$$$ does become the issue. LV just has to wait until next year. WHAAAA

Now Kady, have you met Fran? That's so wonderful if I understand all the posts correctly!

Other than that, the days roll on. 3 weeks until the end of school...and this year I am not regretting that.. It has been a tough year. Some of the kids and parents are just wonderful and I love them so much. Others have taken much time and effort and yet the bridges have not been built and the trust has not been developed. It is a shame..and I am not happy to need to say it.

However, it is May. Roses are blooming. Blue skies (except today where the temp dropped 40 degrees and we had massive thunder and lightning....).... but, tomorrow is another day! (Gotta love Miss Scarlett!)

And my thoughts and prayers to everyone in Louisiana and along the river. Be safe.

Love to everyone.

Jill

Well hello Gals! Check in time. I have just ended my third semester of nursing school. I will be starting my final semester in August. I can't believe how fast this is flying by. SUMMER VACTION!! :yummy::pointy:

JENNIFER!!!! So good to see you here! And 3 semesters down! Good grief. HOw are you? And the kids?

Any chance for a gigantic Sue/Jen/Jill lunch (or any tiny subsets of that)?

love ya, Jill

Would love too!

Edited by jobella

Happy Memorial Day

Outside my door, an American Flag is standing at attention in a stiff South Texas wind. The flag is there in honor of my precious husband, Gene, my unforgettable father, Tom, and my much decorated Uncle Henry. It is also there to honor the countless other men and women who have given their lives for our freedom. God bless them and may we never forget them.

Posted Image

Suzie

Hey Gals! FINALLY IN TEXAS! It was a whirlwind the last few days, packing and loading, then driving and unpacking again. Most of our things are in storage, with our necessities only while staying with the In-laws. My weekend has been busy and stressful, and I am looking forward to starting work tomorrow just for the break! HA!!

Yesterday I took a practice drive to find the Red Cross (where I work)to figure out how long a drive it will be. I should miss early am traffic, but it's still 30-40 minutes from where I am currently living. It's going to take getting used to.

The in-laws are already being a pain. The sooner I find a place, the sooner I can move out!!! I hate not having my own space, or even the ability to go downstairs in the middle of the night and get a drink for fear of waking someone up. But if it weren't for them we wouldn't have been able to move so quickly, so I'm trying to not let them get to me.

I can't wait to get settled fully, so that I can start Culinary School. But I'm afraid that may take more time than I thought. That's okay, I can be patient, when it suits me. lol

The humidity and heat is too much! I hope I acclimatize soon.

Hey Stacey! Glad you are there, safe and sound, with the work routine established. When do you get to start at the Culinary School? Hope it is soon and gets you in the mood for some great dishes.

Got to go to a memorial service today.... patriotic music, flags, bagpipes,.... and wonderful readings by many local school children. What a wonderful salute to our vets and this great country! :salute:

Now on to the last week of school (with all the grades already turned in)...so I expect it will be more than a little tough to keep it all in line (what with middle school and everything!).... :pillowfight:

Happy Memorial Day, ladies.

Love ya, Jill

HUH! And here I thought that GALS meant...well, y'know, "gals". All this time, and the addiction that I've been (not) fighting has a name. How 'bout that?!

Hi ladies,just stopping by for a few minutes.I've had my plate full lately,but I am still keeping up with the Gerry news I see posted on FB or twitter lol..atleast look at the pics when I can.I am a late night tweeter...unfortunately I can't post from my phone on here.And I've not had much time to actually sit down at the computer.This is a rarity,but the boys are asleep.My procedure is tomorrow and I still have to pack the boys bags so they can go to their grandparents while I recover tomorrow.And clean the kitchen and my room and the living room and oh...find some time to eat somewhere in there lol.

hugs to you all!

Andrea, I'm praying it all goes smoothly for you sweetie. Like I said on the prayer thread, I have had this procedure done and it wasn't as bad as I imagined it would be. God gives us the strength to get through these type of things and I know He will be there with you.

Jennipher, we all have to get together....at least once this summer!!!!

Stacey, I'm also glad to hear you arrived safely.

LOL Paisley, yup, you have GALS and there is no cure.

Well, I'm home from the convention and already having withdrawal symptoms....I miss all of my dear friends and sisters. The convention was fantastic!!! Once I get a bit more sleep and rested up, I will post more about it. I just wish all of you could have been there.

hugs,

Sue

I'll post this in the prayers and good news parts...but I have some Awesome Heavenly news!!! I went to the hospital this mornining to have the biopsy done,they gave me the "I don't care" medicine..which didn't work btw.Got me on the table and started looking for the mass(it was a solid mass not a cyst) with the ultrasound so the surgeon could make his incision and...it was GONE! The head of radiology went and looked at my films from before,came back and tried to find it himself...the surgeon did an examine and it's gone!! I am so,so relieved and so very thankful.It is an answer to prayer!

I'll post this in the prayers and good news parts...but I have some Awesome Heavenly news!!! I went to the hospital this mornining to have the biopsy done,they gave me the "I don't care" medicine..which didn't work btw.Got me on the table and started looking for the mass(it was a solid mass not a cyst) with the ultrasound so the surgeon could make his incision and...it was GONE! The head of radiology went and looked at my films from before,came back and tried to find it himself...the surgeon did an examine and it's gone!! I am so,so relieved and so very thankful.It is an answer to prayer!

Congratulations! :yay::pointy:

Andrea, that's wonderful news! :yay: BTW the "I don't care and I won't remember a thing" medication didn't work for me either when I had my colonoscopy. I felt it all and I remember it all too. Epidural didn't work when my daughter was born either. Guess we're immune to that stuff. ;)

Andrea! WOW...congratulations on that. Well done for facing up to it and then the nothingness (if you will) was absolutely the reward!

Thanks to the message from Dr. Em and the Mod Squad -- realized I am celebrating my 5th anniversary with GALS!.. and happily suffering with it every day.

Have a great week everyone.

Jill

Congratulations on the five years, GF! I can't believe we have gotten together so few times in five years!!! Gotta fix that!

I am having a bad case of PVB - Post Vegas Blues. I really miss all me girlies and ALLEN! Such a wonderful weekend! Then on top of the PVB, I came down with an intestinal upset that has kept me homebound for three days! (I don't dare go anywhere for fear of emergency) HELP! Going stir crazy!

Suzie

Andrea - That's absolutely wonderful!!! :bounce:

Jill - Happy anniversary!! Mine's in July sometime....

Elissa - You remember the whole colonoscopy?? Oh my dear.

Suzie - :hugs: I'm sorry you're not feeling well! I have PVB myself, but having something on top of that just sucks!

~Mel

Mel, I sure do remember the whole thing, from start to finish. They obviously didn't give me enough of the drug! :(

Suzie, I hope you're feeling better.

Edited by Lady Elissa

Dang, Elissa, that's just miserable!

Elissa... I thought I was awake for the whole colonoscopy as well because I heard conversation the whole time. I was surprised to find out that the procedure was much longer than I thought when I told my husband. I thought it was just a few minutes so I must have been out of it for most of it. I don't recall feeling anything as well. Strange experience.

Andrea...I posted on your thread but let me say again that I am so happy for you and prayers do make a difference. You are proof.

Suzie..I had a feeling that you gals that go to the con have PVB's. From what I saw on the Virtual Con you all had a great time and I'm sure it takes a while to get back to your normal routine. Feel better too sweetie!

Mel...Will the Virtual Con videos be on GALS for download? I already downloaded the video Cheryl made with Sara and Allan. That was so wonderful. Thanks so much for putting that up.

Jill...WOW! 5 years at GALS! Happy Anniversary! That's fabulous! Enjoy many more here. I'm in my fifth year here.

~HUGS~ Kathy

Hey Kathy! I'm currently looking into who has the best footage from the con to put on the site...

Helllooo!!! It's been so long since I've popped in here to say hi.

Andrea - that is wonderful news and proof that miracles DO in fact happen.

Stacey - glad to hear you made it safely to Texas, but I almost laughed about the humidity in Houston because that area is in a drought right now and not nearly as humid as normal. Hopefully you'll get aclimated to it before the real humidity returns! My sister lived there for years, just moved north a couple of years ago. Hopefully you will be able to get your own place soon, but you are smart to keep reminding yourself that even if the in-laws are less-than-perfect they are making it possible for you to be there now.

Suzie - hope that bug is gone now and you are able to get out and about!

Ahhhh....PVBs.....best treatment for them is to start thinking about next year's convention! Start planning how you'll get there, what you might wear, how long you'll be able to stay, who you'll room with, what shows you might try to see, what songs Allan will sing for us :music::pointy: (hoping that his schedule allows an encore engagement)...