Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (GALS) continued

irish

:wave: everyone! My 12 hour shift turned into 13.5 hours! Yuk! Missed the last employee shuttle to the remote parking lot and had to walk to my car. Didn't get home until almost 9:00pm. I have to go back for another 12 hr day tomorrow. Needless to say, I'm not cooking anything tonight. We've ordered in a pizza and I plan to go to bed as soon after I eat as possible. I'm already looking forward to my day off on Sunday. Gonna sleep all day! :D

Mel, Happy Galsiversary! :)

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ work this morning. But not for long. Had to check in to see what Gerry was up to, and looks like he was @ the beach with Lolita!

That puppy is getting chubby! She needs a few more walkies on the beach with her daddy! So cute though!

I'm getting furniture shopping burnout ladies. OMG, I'm so tired of couches. I think I'm going to breakdown and just get the couch @ IKEA and be done with it.

I spent the last two days, painting and shopping for house items. I'm just gonna get the darn couch, and my washer/dryer and get it over with. I AM NOT A PATIENT SHOPPER. I don't like to browse, I don't like to search and search. NOPE. I research prices, make a few phone calls and usually decide what I want before I go to the store. In and OUT. OH and don't get me started on salespeople.

Yesterday, went to breakfast with my lovely husband (who turns 38yrs today!) and then shopping for washer/dryer sets. This one sales woman lost me right at the point where she started her high pressure sales crap. Kept following me around..."do you like this one?" "Are you going to get this one today?" "You should get this one!" She was like a little kid, hyped up on sugar, trying to get someone's attention. She was quickly earning my displeasure. I had to leave the store. I probably would have purchased the set I was eyeing, except I had just started shopping around. And she P*$$3D me off.

I realize that these people have to earn a living, but sometimes you get more people to buy just by leaving them alone.

@ work this morning. But not for long. Had to check in to see what Gerry was up to, and looks like he was @ the beach with Lolita!

That puppy is getting chubby! She needs a few more walkies on the beach with her daddy! So cute though!

I'm getting furniture shopping burnout ladies. OMG, I'm so tired of couches. I think I'm going to breakdown and just get the couch @ IKEA and be done with it.

I spent the last two days, painting and shopping for house items. I'm just gonna get the darn couch, and my washer/dryer and get it over with. I AM NOT A PATIENT SHOPPER. I don't like to browse, I don't like to search and search. NOPE. I research prices, make a few phone calls and usually decide what I want before I go to the store. In and OUT. OH and don't get me started on salespeople.

Yesterday, went to breakfast with my lovely husband (who turns 38yrs today!) and then shopping for washer/dryer sets. This one sales woman lost me right at the point where she started her high pressure sales crap. Kept following me around..."do you like this one?" "Are you going to get this one today?" "You should get this one!" She was like a little kid, hyped up on sugar, trying to get someone's attention. She was quickly earning my displeasure. I had to leave the store. I probably would have purchased the set I was eyeing, except I had just started shopping around. And she P*$$3D me off.

I realize that these people have to earn a living, but sometimes you get more people to buy just by leaving them alone.

Amen to that! :tantrum:

Amen to that! :tantrum:

absolutely amen to that!

And don't even get me started on pushy car salesmen! :(

Hello my GALS friends!

Hope you had a beautiful 4th of July weekend. Having a great time with my sister and her family here visiting us from NC. They go to the beach every day but that's not for me. LOL, I did go on Friday late in the day and loved the beach when it was cooler and visiting with my sis.

It has been a looong time since I posted here. 2011 has been a busy year for me to say the least. I will just sum it up with--breast biopsy (negative, thank the Good Lord); root canal, and now just getting over a UTI/kidney infection that struck out of the blue while I was on vacation in Virginia last week.(thank God no kidney stones). All this along with fulltime babysitting my 15 month old granddaughter. I managed to get here and read the posts often just not much time to post anything.

Have to run now but will be back soon.

:hug:

Diane

Hello my GALS friends!

Hope you had a beautiful 4th of July weekend. Having a great time with my sister and her family here visiting us from NC. They go to the beach every day but that's not for me. LOL, I did go on Friday late in the day and loved the beach when it was cooler and visiting with my sis.

It has been a looong time since I posted here. 2011 has been a busy year for me to say the least. I will just sum it up with--breast biopsy (negative, thank the Good Lord); root canal, and now just getting over a UTI/kidney infection that struck out of the blue while I was on vacation in Virginia last week.(thank God no kidney stones). All this along with fulltime babysitting my 15 month old granddaughter. I managed to get here and read the posts often just not much time to post anything.

Have to run now but will be back soon.

:hug:

Diane

Just wanted to pop in and say....We sure have missed you around here Diane!! So happy that all is well with you after so many health issues. Good news, all AOK!!! Have a good time with your family but come back more often after they leave. Still loving that siggy of yours!

~HUGS~ Kathy

Hi Diane - glad to see you back here, and good to know your health issues are behind you now (hopefully to stay!!) Don't be a stranger once the family is gone.

Saturday morning (my hubby's birthday) I got inked again - my 2nd avi shows the new tattoo. I absolutely love love love how the artist took my ideas and created this. It was a very collaborative process and therefore a very unique creation. The word under it is "ubuntu" which is a South African word that means (among many things) "we're all connected" or "I am because you are". The infinity symbol stands for the infinite exchange of (positive) energy between people, to me it means how if you give me positive energy it increases my positive energy which I can give back to you which then increases yours and so on... It also stands for "infinite hugs" because the X's inside stand for 20 years of marriage - and for kisses. The butterfly takes flight from the infinity symbol and has a key as its body, which signifies unlocking - potential, positivity, creativity, integrity, freedom. The butterfly symbolizes metamorphosis, change, striving for improvement and it is flying in a forward direction because change should be forward-looking, to make the future better than the past. I spent several months working on it, incorporating all these different ideas until I felt I finally had everything I wanted in it without it being too huge (it's less than 6" in total). I know not everyone is a fan of tattoos but I have been for 10 years now, finally got the first one 6 years ago, and this newest one is my favorite by far!

oohh Susan, very creative and very beautiful. Congrats dear.

It is good to see you Diane! Hope everyone had a wonderful 4th. I had a houseful (hence, why I haven't been at GALS much...lol)

hugs,

Sue

Nice new tat Susan! I like all the meanings you incorporated into it.

Mel, here's a late :congrats: on your 6th GALSversary!

Diane, long time no see!

Sue, so that's where you've been! You're such a party animal. Hope you had a good 4th!

Hugs,

Cheryl

Want to share a little more with you, my friends,

This week it was announced to hubby and me that our son and DIL are going to have another baby boy around Dec 7! The ultrasound confirmed that it is indeed a baby BOY! I have been going around saying Oh Boy! Oh Boy! That will be grandchild number FIVE for hubby and me--all under five years age by the time baby is here. :wow2: Another baby boy to love. The count is now girls-3 and will soon be boys- 2.

I still babysit just my daughter's baby girl now 15 months old. Whew! there is not enough of me to go around lately! :bonk:

thanks for sharing my joy!

:hugs:

Diane

Edited by Shamrocked

Diane...You definitely are the Grandma of the Year!! Five grandchildren under the age of 5!! Congratulations on the soon to be here grandson. What fun you will be having. Just take your vitamins!!!

~HUGS~ Kathy

Posted Image ... WOW...I can remember when we were waiting for grandbaby #1 to be born! You are going to have to clone yourself GF.

hugs to all.

love,

Sue

w00t!! Congrats Diane!! Hooray for little ones! My sister had a baby back in late May, and now my sister-in-law is due at the end of this month. I'm one happy aunt! I'm sorry this has been a tough year for you, I'm so glad the biopsy was negative.

Susan, I love the new tat! Well done on the design!

Stacey, I'm with you on pushy salesmen... ugh. It's nice to go to a place where they're not paid on commissions, but that's not too common, unfortunately!

Happy Sunday everyone! Just wanted to pop in before heading to church!

~Mel

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image OMG! I just read an article with pics about Gerry @ Ischia and he's f*&$ing smoking again!!! Dammit!!Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I wonder what made him go back to those damn things. UGH. I thought he was doing so well! I hope he doesn't keep it up.

We need to show our support, tell him he doesn't need them! He must be stressing out about something to take them back up.

*SIGH*

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image OMG! I just read an article with pics about Gerry @ Ischia and he's f*&$ing smoking again!!! Dammit!!Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I wonder what made him go back to those damn things. UGH. I thought he was doing so well! I hope he doesn't keep it up.

We need to show our support, tell him he doesn't need them! He must be stressing out about something to take them back up.

*SIGH*

Oh dear, that WAS a cigarette in his hand in a recent picture! Dagnabit! I hope he is able to quit again soon.

Posted Image IT'S MY ANNIVERSARY!!! I've been hanging around here for 6 years now!! lol AWESOME!Posted Image Of course, I've been drooling, admiring, and cheering for Gerry long before that! It's great to have a chance to share my obsession with such awesome Ladies!!

Today, I had to drive blood to hospitals in nearby cities. I can say that most of that time was actually spend daydreaming about Gerry. Good Grief!Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageNow I'm back in my office, just chillin. Waiting for the end of the day. However shall I spend the rest of my time?! HMMM. Let me think...Posted ImagePosted Image Oh now I know!

Hello ladies. Long time no hear. Hope everyone is doing well. I've been w/out power since Monday after the storms and it sucks the big one!!! I can't for the life of me understand the ignorance of some customer services reps. Not all, but in this case the electrical ones up here. We lost our beautiful tree out back. Yeah, it fell down over the line and no more power. It was at least a 100 yr. old maple tree and I'm just so bummed about it. I want more power back but I'm still bummed about my tree. Haven't seen one cutter to get it off the line. My husband had to drive around to find a service person and when they got there they were like "OMG, don't go near it. It's on the primary line and w/your generator it can sprark, blah blah blah. Stay out of the backyard, stop cutting, etc.". I've called at least 50 times since Monday, and no one even had it in the system that a tree was down on the line. Crazy nuts. We had ABC 7 out at our house to survey and my hubby made the news. But, what is really funny is my girlfriends have been emailing telling me "Nice Gerry shrine you got going there in the candlelight". Huh? Oh, you mean my autographed picture???? Who knew it was going to be on TV for one and I just set the candle down for light not thinking how it was illuminating Gerry. LOL. So, now my friends really think I'm crazy w/this. Oh well, it's what it's. His pic makes the front row on my stair mantel.

All you gorgeous ladies have a great weekend. I really do want to get on here more often I really do but time does have a way of getting away from people. I used to be on all the time now it's fly by. I will make a change. Until then have a great weekend and be safe.

Cassie

Happy GALS anniversary, Stacey!!

Hey Cassie!! Good ta see you! That's annoying that no one had noted on your account that a tree was down on the line. As someone who works in a call center, that be inexcusable!

So, funny story. I noticed a poster at work for family day they're holding for employees. In big letters it says it will be a "Blue Ribbon Contest!" :lol: If you're not sure why that's funny, see here. :D

Helllllooooo!!!

Cassie - sure hope you have power back by now. That's just crazy that nobody had been out yet after 4 days!

Stacey - happy belated GALSiversary.

Diane - congrats on the impending grandson. How exciting for you!

Mel - thanks for the compliment on the tat - I'm so glad I got it, just wish I could walk around showing it off all the time.

There was quite a discussion a few weeks ago when pics of Gerry in Malibu showed him smoking. To my way of thinking, as an ex-smoker, the best way to support him is to let him come to quitting again when he is ready. One of the things that drove me to keep smoking longer than I should have was when anybody, no matter how good-hearted they were in their concern, tried to tell me I should quit. It isn't like smokers don't know the risks, and I'm pretty sure that his recent meet-up with his Mum included plenty of her concerns over it, so I don't think he needs us to add voices to it too.

Next week my mother-in-law will be 90 years old! We wanted to have a party for her but trying to get other members of the family to show up is a challenge, again. The one grandson who would be there in a flash if he could lives in Texas and isn't working. Oh well, we will celebrate her big day with or without the rest of the crew!

:wave: everyone! There's been a lot of stress and upheaval at my job lately. The hospital where I work is changing over from traditional Labor and Delivery, Post-Partum and Newborn Nursery care to Couplet Care or Mother-Baby Care. There will still be a separate nurse for Labor and Delivery, but rather than having 2 nurses, one for the baby and one for the mother, after delivery, the mother and baby will be cared for by the same nurse. That means the nursery staff is going to be severely cut back. For the past few months, we've been training our replacements, orienting the post-partum nurses to baby care. Once everyone has been oriented and the transition to Mother-Baby care is made, there will be only skeleton crew in the nursery (2 nurses). Since I work on an as-needed basis, I will probably rarely work. I've been looking for another nursing job, but there's nothing that I would care to apply for. I've never taken care of anyone but newborn babies. There's only 1 hospital in town that has a newborn nursery, and they have no openings. I guess I'll look into taking early retirement. Sorry for dumping this on you all here, but it's been weighing very heavily on me for months. I'd love to retire early, but I've got bills to pay! ;) Prayers would be greatly appreciated!

Diane, sorry I missed this earlier. Congratulations on the new grandbaby!

Mel, a Blue Ribbon contest! Can I be a judge? :D

Cassie, good to see you! :wave:

Susan, I hope you and your family have a great time celebrating with your mother-in-law! Happy birthday to her! :D

:wave: everyone! There's been a lot of stress and upheaval at my job lately. The hospital where I work is changing over from traditional Labor and Delivery, Post-Partum and Newborn Nursery care to Couplet Care or Mother-Baby Care. There will still be a separate nurse for Labor and Delivery, but rather than having 2 nurses, one for the baby and one for the mother, after delivery, the mother and baby will be cared for by the same nurse. That means the nursery staff is going to be severely cut back. For the past few months, we've been training our replacements, orienting the post-partum nurses to baby care. Once everyone has been oriented and the transition to Mother-Baby care is made, there will be only skeleton crew in the nursery (2 nurses). Since I work on an as-needed basis, I will probably rarely work. I've been looking for another nursing job, but there's nothing that I would care to apply for. I've never taken care of anyone but newborn babies. There's only 1 hospital in town that has a newborn nursery, and they have no openings. I guess I'll look into taking early retirement. Sorry for dumping this on you all here, but it's been weighing very heavily on me for months. I'd love to retire early, but I've got bills to pay! ;) Prayers would be greatly appreciated!

Diane, sorry I missed this earlier. Congratulations on the new grandbaby!

Mel, a Blue Ribbon contest! Can I be a judge? :D

Cassie, good to see you! :wave:

Susan, I hope you and your family have a great time celebrating with your mother-in-law! Happy birthday to her! :D

Oh Elissa, I felt deja vu reading your situation at work. I went through something similiar 4 years ago when my job as the only remaining in house medical transcriptionist was being "considered" and I decided to take early retirement from the hospital before they could eliminate my job or find a way to fire me and they were "considering" that too. I know the stress and uncertainty and the feeling of being let down by a place you gave your heart and soul to for many years. Mine was 15 years with the hospital I considered my 2nd home since I spent so much overtime there. They did not want me even as part time so that was the last straw. I signed up for my early retirement as I only needed 10 years to get it and I had 15 years.

Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers getting through this difficult time. Be prepared for the feelings of loss you will feel since you spent so much of your time there. Bless you and keep in touch here. There are many who have been through this same thing and can offer support and care.

Thanks to everyone for the best wishes on my becoming a grandmother again (December). I am still awed myself. LOL. I never in my wildest dreams thought of me as a grandmother of FIVE all at once or almost so. :faint:

:hugs: to all my galfriends,

Diane