Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (GALS) continued

irish

Aw man, Elissa, I'm so sorry about your job... you shall be in my prayers. :hugs:

w00t Diane for another grandbaby! :bounce:

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, Diane and Mel for the words of support. I've been in my current position for 17 years and have only 2 years to go until I can get full retirement benefits. I guess I'll hang in there for a while and see how things work out. This transition to mother-baby may take several more months. Some nursery nurses who need to work full time may quit if they can't get enough hours. If I could just get 8 12 hour shifts a month I would probably be ok financially. Right now, I work 11 or 12 12 hour shifts a month, so we'll see how it goes. ;)

Edited by Lady Elissa

Posted Image my sisters and galfriends! It seems like forever since I've been here. Life has definitely been a whirlwind for me since returning from Las Vegas.....some of it I can't even talk about yet because I'm under court order not to (it's involving my step daughter's case). But the other thing that has been taking up so much of my time was my step daughter Darla's wedding, which was this last Saturday. It was so beautiful....I only wish her dad could have been with me to see it. She and John are on their honeymoon in Hawaii for the rest of this week. Sunday I had to leave and drive down to the bay area to deal with the other matter and I just got home late last night. Sooooo it is good to be home and hopefully, I'll get caught up soon.

Cassie, that sounds so scarey and dangerous! Jeez, I hope it has been taken care of by now.

Diane, I know I've already congratulated you sweetie....but I really do believe that you need an award for being grandma of the year!

Elissa, you know you are in my prayers sweetie....

Susan, I know you and hubby will make your mother in law's day very special for her...as you say, with or without the other family members.

Stacey, Happy GALS anniversary dear.

Frannie, if you're out there sweetie.....just want you to know I'm thinking about you.

love and hugs to all!!!

Sue

Good luck dear Sue with the proceedings... you're in my thoughts!

So, Mousie and I have a new niece! Born July 20th at 5:02 PM... but she doesn't have a name yet! Apparently our brother and sis-in-law have until this Friday to pick one. They tend to take awhile picking names, but this has been the longest so far. So, for now we'll just call her Baby Girl. :) She's sooo cute, and doing very well!

~Mel

Good luck dear Sue with the proceedings... you're in my thoughts!

So, Mousie and I have a new niece! Born July 20th at 5:02 PM... but she doesn't have a name yet! Apparently our brother and sis-in-law have until this Friday to pick one. They tend to take awhile picking names, but this has been the longest so far. So, for now we'll just call her Baby Girl. :) She's sooo cute, and doing very well!

~Mel

:thankyou: everyone for the best wishes on my another soon to be grandson. LOL, Sue, I just might take that award!

:congrats: to the two new aunties, Mel and Mousie! Does she have a name yet? LOL, I didn't name my oldest son till they told me I could not take him home without naming him. Hubby and I just could not agree on a name till the last minute.

Hugs to all,

Diane

Thanks Mel my sweet friend. And Posted ImagePosted Image on your new niece!

As well you should Diane!

Thought I'd share some recent pics:

Fynnigan (can you tell what a wee Irish imp he is? lol)

Posted Image

Darla in her wedding dress (I'm still waiting for pictures of the wedding)

Posted Image

B2, Fynn and Dad in my pool:

Posted Image

My beautiful B2:

Posted Image

Sunday morning coming down at my house two weeks ago:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Fynn has as bad of "bed head" as grandma):

Posted Image

hugs,

Sue

Oh Sue, I've been hoping you'd have new pictures of the boys! They are both getting even more gorgeous as they get older (just like Gerry!) You are a lucky gramma to have such treasures in your heart!

Will call you in the next couple of days, OK?

Tight hugs,

Suzie

Sue, I can't believe how big B2 is!! Thanks all for the congrats! The new niece is still nameless... they have until Friday to name her before "Baby Girl" goes on her birth certificate. Saw her tonight, though, she's SUCH a cute kid.

~Mel

Howdy, GALS!! :wave:

So it's been a mini-eon since I've been on here. I stop by often and read up on events. Congrats to everyone with their new additions. Irish, I hope all goes well for you. As always, all my GALS are in my prayers.

I have a new cousin, second cousin, actually. Gabriel Jason Longo was born May 20th. He's a grunter, ladies. :humph:

Grunts in his sleep. Grunts while taking his bottle. Grunts while being passed around from Grandma to Aunt to cousin Veronica. I will post pictures as soon as I can download them from my phone.

I did have a question in regards to the convention. Those ladies with the "Gerry bracelet", is there any way you ladies can send/ PM me a list of your pendants so that I may begin to create a bracelet myself. I have been obsessing over having one and I'm not sure where to begin other than a cupcake pendant. There is a local shop here that just has loads of pendants and I'm sure I can find most if not all of them there. Slowly of course, this lady is not cheap.

Everyone keep cool. I'll be back!! Yes, that's right, you've all been warned!

LOL

Later all,

Veronica

Hi guys! We finally got some news from Frannie about our sweet Peggy (Chachababy). Here is what she said:

"I'M HERE! I get on when I can and my puter doesn't black out on me... I hate that I can't even make a new siggy. I miss all you guys! I really wanted to update you on Peggy and Thanks all for caring....that's why this is the best DARN group of friends to have.... Anyway, Peg is not making much progress but we are still hoping that after she loses some more weight they will change their minds about the surgery. Right now she can only move her head from side to side, nothing more. Because of her weight she was not able to have the surgery because they would have had to lay her on her stomach which would have made it too dangerous as she was so overweight....I'm happy to report that she has now lost over 100 lbs and still losing..... she has quite a bit more to go but as I said we are hopeful.... I just am amazed as to how she is handling the situation. Her spirit is high and she wanted me to tell you guys she misses you all.... I'll be going up to see her tomorrow."

Frannie is taking Peggy a DVD player so she can watch POTO, her favorite movie. It will help her pass the time more easily. Please keep our Peggy in your prayers, Frannie too!

Veronica, when I did my charm bracelet, I looked for charms that would represent Gerry's movies. A bat for Dracula, a motorcycle for MGP, a rose for POTO, a Viking ship for Beo, a seahorse for Dear Frankie, etc. It was fun. Just use your imagination.

We are still stuck in this southern heatwave. We've had 27 days over 100; 103* today and that will continue for the foreseeable future. We are also in the worst drought in Texas history. We are under water restrictions and my expensive lawn is toast! I have been done with summer for a month! Someone make it stop!

Major hugs for everyone!

Suzie

Hi everyone! The fam and I were supposed to go down to Corpus Christi, Texas for a beach weekend on the Texas Gulf coast last weekend, but tropical storm Don was projected to come in at Corpus on Friday, so hubby, Pal Good Sport, canceled the trip. Turns out, Don actually weakened and came ashore many miles south of Corpus. Anyway, Good Sport called the vacation condo where we were supposed to stay this evening and rescheduled our trip for next month. He asked them if it rained last weekend. The clerk said it sprinkled couple of times. Looks like we called off the trip for nothing! :doh:

Elissa, so sorry you had to miss your beach trip but you can never be too careful when a storm is expected.

Welcome back eptxgirl and congrats on your new grunting 2nd cousin!

Mel and Mousie - congrats on the new niece!

Irish - B2 and Finn are just beyond adorable! Any boy with a name like Fynnigan is bound to be full of mischief and magic. Thanks for sharing pictures.

I am so sorry for most of the rest of the country, Ikeep hearing about the unbearable and unrelenting heat, and the awful drought. We've been lucky, a mild to normal summer so far. Last summer was mild too and then I think in September we got hit with a heat wave.

Suzie, thank you for passing along the message from dear Peggy!! I spoke with a customer from Texas today, and she too was complaining about the heat and humidity. I shall send cool thoughts your way...

Hey all, in case you haven't seen, the official pics from Vegas are up!

http://www.gbgalsgallery.com/v/gbgals/2011/

Happy GALSaversary,Mousie!! Doesn't time fly when you're having fun?

I am still recovering from being without Internet for 29 whole hours! The power cord on my router died and I had to find a replacement. (After spending over an hour on the phone with ATT during which they could NOT identify the problem, my son walks in the room and spotted it instantly. *sigh* He got his smarts from ME of course!) Anyway, I'm back on line and happily pushing buttons to see all the new Gerry pics!

Greetings from hot humid Texas. Hope you are having a cool day! (I think I'll get under that waterfall with Marek!)

Hugs,

Suzie

Hi Gals!!! Thought I'd attempt to run in here and say hey while the boys are not causing eachother bodily harm for a few minutes.Sorry I haven't been around much,I usually do net from my phone and I can't do GALS from my phone,so I've been keeping up with most of you via twitter and fb. Didn't get to read back on this thread because time actually sitting at the computer is so limited right now.

My eldest has started kindergarten this week and I am trying to get my youngest into the free pre-k.If not he will start school at a diff prek in Sept. Summer has been insanely busy,the boys had swimming lessons every weekday for 2 mons.

We've had some bad things happen,two of my Aunts are undergoing chemo.One for ovarian cancer(my moms sister) and the other has breast,lung and bone cancer(my dads sister). Yesterday I cut off my hair,to donate it to locks of love.It is super short now.I'm having to get used to it,it looks and feels so much different than my almost waist length hair.Lets see...still a single lady lol :) Trying to start college,atleast my pre-requisites(math,english etc...).online while the boys are in school,before trandferring to somewhere like Memphis.

Well,Wild Kratts is almost over,so the boys will be wanting their snack,so I have to run! bye for now! (hugs and kisses!!)

Wow, Andrea, you're certainly busy!! I'm so sorry to hear about your aunts :hugs:

Happy GALSiversary Mousie! Aren't you glad I dragged you to join? :D Wait, you're the one who convinced me to see Phantom in the first place...

Thanks Abrock.Atleast one isn't terminal*knock on wood*...the one with the cancer in many places,she is terminal.They've found it in her lymphnodes now.I now have to somehow save up $ to go to Alabama when she passes for the wake and the funeral.My Dad is going to see her one last time at the beginning of September,hopefully she'll still be around.But I'd rather remember her the way she was the last time I saw her,so,I'm not going.Plus my eldest is in school and it just wouldn't be good for him for me to do flying trips.

oh my gals, i don't even know where to begin. Thanks for the anniversary wishes, and happy galsaversary to mousie.

Io culinary school and start in the fall! Things are getting settled in Texas, getting my son into school etc...

But everything went to hell, Monday. I'm sitting in the ICU in a Wichita, ks hospital right now. My mom tried to commit suicide again. She is finally breathing on her own. But until this morning she was hooked up to all kinds of tubes and ventilators. She took all of her anti-depressants, and some pain pills. How morbidly ironic is it that she used her anti depressants to kill herself?

I left work and drove non-stop from Houston to here. I then proceeded to kick everyone out of her room once i got here. some of my family are nothing but drama mongering busybodies. they haven't been supportive before she tried to kill herself, but now it's all about being in the middle of the drama. I also got into it with my cousins who have been giving my mom a hard time about stuff. It was their negative, pushy, mean comments and insults that drove her to this. My cousin actually said, that she's not sick just lazy! She was referring to my mom. My Aunt, (my mom lives with her) was actually offended that my mom would try to kill herself in HER home. yep.

Depression, and bipolar disorder, oh and personality disorder, it's hard for anyone to handle in a normal situation kind of life. But the last year my mom has had no job, her car is dying, her "husband" left her and took the house. So she lost everything. I tried to be there for her, but I was not exactly financially stable. I tried to help her find work, etc...but sometimes the sickness in her head just takes over. No matter how many times you tell someone you love them, and they are not a burden, or worthless, it just doesn't matter. The depression and the voices, just tell her otherwise.

I don't know what to do after she wakes up. How long will it be until she finds a way to try again? because she will.

I'm SO sorry, Stacey... :hearts: People who have never had depression or the like just don't understand that you can't just snap out of it. What horrible things to say. Prayers and good thoughts heading your way for you and your mom.

Stacy --- you and your MOther are in my heart, my thoughts, and my prayers.

And BLECHHHHH to anyone who gets into telling you how to work with your MOm with her real problems. And I do mean BLECH.... although it might look something like this.... :bonk:

(really not to be rude, but, wow...... all that just annoys me SOOO MUCH for you).......

Much love, JIll

Edited by auntm

I had to come back home on Saturday. I waited until the last possible minute. I left 1am on Sat. morning. At that time she was breathing on her own, but still out of it. Hallucinating, etc...

Her body is recovering from the damage she has done. She came around finally on Sunday. She asked my sister what she had done. My sister just turned the question around on her, and mom knew. She is up and around today. Once she recovers, she'll have to stay at the rehab center for a long time. They can't trust her with her meds, won't for a long time.

My sister and I got power of attorney started this week. Once she's out of rehab, she'll be staying the winter with me. I have to get her away from all the negative people around her.

We finally got with the Social Services advocate, he let me sign her paperwork and has started a case for her. She can be proven to be physically and mentally disabled enough to collect a monthly check, and get medicaid. She'll also get her food stamps back. All this so she won't have to worry about money, medical and food. One less thing to stress over.

I can only help so much, at least I got that done for her. I'll leave it to the psychiatrists and doctors to repair the rest of the damage.

I feel bad for leaving her, but I have my family to care for. And I used up all my PTO(vacation) and my extra money just to stay for the 4 days I was home.

On other news...lol I start Culinary School in October. Now I need to gather more $$$ for supplies and tuition. You think if I promise Gerry lifetime cupcakes, he'll help pay for school??? Posted Image

I finally got my son enrolled for school, today. Which was also the first day of school here. They have to look into the homeschool program I had him in last year, because this state doesn't recognize the accreditation of the school he attended. They hope to transfer his credits, and test him out of the rest so that he doesn't have to repeat the grade. Although, I'd just homeschool him before making him go through that again. So sad, he just wants to attend high school. They have us running around, jumping through hoops. It's frustrating.

I'm back at work btw..right now. lol

I hope Machine Gun Preacher releases here. I need some quality Gerry time.