Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (GALS) continued

irish

I stopped by to give a shout out, :cheer: I've :gotgals: . . . The TIFF pics, videos, reviews, articles have me on a very, happy :cloud9: Gerry HIGH !

Barb, I stay after work last night to use one of our really good student/public computer so I could download all the TIFF pic into my Photobucket account and on a memory card for easy transfer to my computer's back up external drive. I now have all the TIFF pics except for what you, Holly and the other Mods might have loaded in the Gallery last night . . . :woohoo: I've got Gerry Overload!!!

and its time to share it . . .

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Linda

Edited by givemeabeach

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have always loved Gerry in leather, so it was great to seeing him in a black leather jacket at the Diesel Black Gold Special Screening of MGP party in NYC.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Here's a couple of current pics and major :faint: golden oldies of Gerry in LEATHER . . .

Beachie

I was gonna come and post and give updates but those pics of him above, have made me forget what I was gonna say. I can only think about getting Gerry out of his leathers now. Thanks Beachie. No REALLY THANKS!!Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

All of this new incoming supply of Gerry juice has me all discombobulated! I've been absolutely giddy!

I am going to try and see MGP next weekend, as soon as I can figure out which theater and where it's showing.

I start classes in October, I'm so excited and a bit worried. Just jitters I suppose. I'll have to post a pic in my chef uniform when I get them!

My mom is sounding better. I talked to her just this week, and she's finally getting support from the "system" that is social services. She hopes to be on full disability, and collecting her SS checks soon. She will be less dependent on others, and that makes her feel a bit better. She's back to seeing her therapist, and on meds once again. I don't know how long it will last, but right now the seas are calm and I'm just thankful for that.

Oh, and Alton Brown is going to be at a booksigning here in October!

You know him, and my grandmother are the inspiration for going to culinary school.

My grammie instilled my love of baking, and A.B. he went to Culinary school late in life too! But the bad news is, I have class the night he's doing the appearance, and I'm torn between skipping school just to meet him, and going to class. I'd love to meet him, but isn't that wrong to skip CULINARY class to do so? A dilema I have yet to figure out.

Well it's the end of the work day for me, so I guess I'll go home. LOL

Oh and Elissa, I got you on the stubborn man thing...aren't they always that way?! exasperating!! I hope he's feeling better.

I had to drive through the wildfires this last week delivering blood to hospitals, it breaks my heart to see the damage. But I've also seen, the support of my co-workers helping those in need and the firefighter that have worked so hard. And my heart hurts a little less.

Ok I'm going home now!!

Warning: Lame Joke Ahead, maties....

What is a pirate's favorite inert gas?

AAARRRGGOOONNN! (argon)

Plus, found this at a website where I go for a quick giggle........

Today, my five year old ran down the street wearing nothing but flip flops, Star Wars underwear, and a baseball helmet. He was swinging a badminton racket while screaming "THIS IS SPARTA!" My neighbors watched laughing as I had to run after him down the street in my pajamas.

:funnyup:

King Leo inspires all ages, huh? :leo2:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Gals!!!I am way behind on what has been going on with some of you.Some of you I keep up with on FB.(and the Gerry news) Doesn't the new pics of Gerry look so amazing?! I'll try to catch up on all the news and stuff.Ethan played flag football this last month and their Dad has come back so I've had my hands full! Actually,full is an understatment. Love and hugs to all.

GALS!!! My lovely, lovely GALS.

Do you know how long it's been since last I posted? Because I don't.

I just stumbled across the GBGALS facebook page, which I didn't remember I was a part of, and it just made me miss you all so very much!! There's no way I'll ever be able to catch up on all I've missed in the years I've been gone, but I really do want to try to get back into things.

I am ashamed, however, to admit that I haven't been following Gerry very much lately. At all, really. I got caught up with Sherlock Holmes and Star Trek and other fandoms that basically took over my life. BUT! I still miss you all so much that I'm coming back - really more for my GAL friends than the man himself, if I can admit such a thing... *shifty eyes*

It makes me a little sad to see how... dead this forum has become. I remember when there were dozens and dozens of posts a day. I was fourteen. fourteen! when I first joined this forum. I'm now twenty one. Seven. Years. Holy crap that's a long time.

Anyway, long story short (too late), I miss you all and am going to try to resurrect my GALS!!

Much love,

Amber

Hi Amber! Happy to see you back with us!!

I just had the experience of attending my high school class's 50th reunion. I actually didn't graduate from that school as my dad was transferred right after the beginning of my senior year and I graduated with a mob of people I didn't know across the country. Hardly anyone at the reunion here remembered me and I found myself wondering who all those chubby old strangers were. I did reconnect with two old friends which was lovely, but could have passed them on the street and not known them. I have decided being among me GALS makes me much happier than treading old roads best left untraveled! Probably shall not attend any further gatherings.

You may have heard it finally rained in San Antonio. I got nearly 3.5 inches at my house. Of course, being Southern Texas, the heavy rain came with flooding, high winds and a small tornado. We are right at the very bottom peak of Tornado Ally and seldom get a twister, however this one hit about 1/2 mile from where my mother lives...on the 8th floor of a highrise!! Not good! Fortunately (?) it hit in the middle of the night and she never saw it or she would have been even more freaked than she was! Mom is 88. Excitement is the last thing she wants!

It's Gerry day with Lady Elissa today and we were thinking about seeing MGP again. Hope you all have a chance to see it before the DVD comes out!

Hugs to everyone!

Suzie

Hey Gals! Just a quick update, School Started and I'm loving it! Exhausted, but so much fun! Well except the Art History class, it just sucks. No. Really.

I posted pics on my facebook page of all the new gear, and me in my uniform for school. Also pics of the perfect chicken stock I made first night. This week we are making the "Mother"sauces, Espagnole, Hollandaise, Veloute', and a classic tomato sauce. Easy enough. Also doing more practice with all those fancy knife cuts and skills you see chef's doing.

Makes me grateful that I'm actually taking baking/pastry. After these basic classes, I won't be doing much precision chopping.

I've had some struggles with schedule and work. My co-workers are not very nice. I am pretty sure one of them wants me to quit or get fired. Don't really give a damn, what she wants. I've had this job for 7 years, and it pretty much takes an act of god to get fired. Besides, they kinda need me around. She just doesn't like that I'm good, better at this job than she is. That I'm younger than she is, and she's supposed to take guidance from me.

I just remind myself that I only have to work here long enough to finish school, then I can move again, and start my life doing what I want to do.

My mom is doing alright. Still fighting for some of her benefits, but not letting it get her down. She's eager to be on her own, instead of living in someone else's house. I'm starting to relax my guard more, hoping we don't have another suicide attempt.

Is it wrong to feel a tiny bit angry, that it would disrupt my life, and plans if she tried again? *guilt*

I know MGP is showing here in Houston, I think it's at the theater close to my job, but with school and work and family I just don't know if I'll make it to a show.

:wave: everyone! I've been busy with work and taking care of hubby, Bill, PAL Good Sport, who fell and broke his right shoulder blade 6 weeks ago. He's really doing much better, and other than needing me to drive him to appointments and on errands, he's really able to take care of himself now. We see the orthopedic doctor again tomorrow. Last time we were there, the doctor said he's going to get xrays this time to see how the bone is healing. Bill is really wanting to drive. Hopefully, the doctor will give him the go-ahead.

Last night, I took Bill and our daughter to see Machine Gun Preacher. They both were very impressed with the film as a whole and Gerry's performance. If Bill says a movie is "a pretty good flick," that's high praise. Last night, he said, "that's a damn good movie!" Whoa! I don't think I've ever heard him say that before and we've been married 28 years! :p

MIDTERMS ARE OVER!!!

:bounce:

Seven years later, this is still my favorite emoticon...

Still plenty to do, of course, but midterms are still over and we've got a four day weekend. Suffice it to say I'm pretty stoked.

Hope you're all doing well!

Love,

Amber.

Yo Amber!!! Good to see you on here! Wow, I can't believe it's been that long. CRAZY.

I so need to catch up with everyone... I've had a really busy couple of months. Elissa, I'm so glad that Bill is doing better! Hugs all!

~Mel

Just a quick fly-by before I leave work! Posted Image Gotta get home and work on Art History for school. For the record, Art History sucks a big fan giant horse Posted Image ! anyway. I had to get some Gerry Juice for the road!! Hope to sneak off and see MGP this weekend after class on Saturday. By myself, but oh well.

Have a good night all!!

• 2 weeks later...

HELLOOOO OOO ooo............*crickets chirping*

Where the heck is everyone?????

Well, I'm here.. Not much to say except I miss all my SC sisters and hope you are all doing well.

I had the annual squishing of the boobs this week and want someone to feel sorry for me! Hello??? Anyone???

Aw heck, I loves ya all anyway!

Suzie

:wave: Suzie, I'm here! Mammograms are no fun, that 's for sure. I just KNOW the machines were invented my a man! You will note that the screening for testicular cancer is a blood test, not a smashing machine.... :lalala:

Posted Image Hello and Posted Image to all my galfriends and sistars!!! Talk about being gone forever!!!

I'm finally getting settled into my new home and trying to get into some kind of routine so hopefully I'll be back in Gerry world for good now. It seems like I have been gone for such a long time. I've missed you all so much!!!

hugs to all.

love,

Sue

I just had to stop in and say :wave:! I'm so darn busy! I can't tell you how much I'm loving school! We've finally settled in and gotten into a routine of sorts. I made a friend in school, so it's nice. Work is stressing me out, but I just have to stick with it until I finish school. I've been posting pictures on my facebook page every night i'm in class, so lots of pics of tasty treats.

I think I'm going to pop in a G-man movie, I need a fix so bad!! I check in here when I can and drool on some pics, but it's not enough. I missed MGP in the theatre, so I'm stuck waiting until dvd.

Well, house to clean, dog to walk, food to cook, laundry to do, and homework. Gotta run!!:flee::escape:

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking of cleaning house...it's getting mighty dusty in here....there is even some cobwebs...eeekkksss ... I guess I'll get busy...

Posted ImagePosted Image

I'm busy getting ready for Thanksgiving....it will be my first big dinner I've cooked without my Dan'l....so I'm a wee bit nervous. But what the heck, it's all family so they had better like it...lol.

Posted Image

Posted Image

hugs,

Sue

:wave: You're right, Sue, haven't been many posts in here lately. Guess everyone is busy with RL.

This Thanksgiving I'm working a 12hour day shift, so we'll have our feast on Friday. It will be just the three of us. Although my sister and her family live here, they always spend Thanksgiving with my brother-in-law's family. We have our menu planned. Bill cooks the turkey, I make all the sides and Erin bakes the pies. Still have to go to the grocery store later today to get all the food. I don't want to be any where near the grocery store later this week, but I will have to get tamales to take to work on Thanksgiving day. We're having a little south of the border pot luck. Everyone who's working that day is bringing something to share. :)

Well, have a lovely Thanksgiving Elissa...my love to Bill and Erin!

Yesterday afternoon Bryan called me and asked if I wanted to go to dinner with him, Toni and the boys last night. He took us to a Japanese Steak house about 8 Miles from my house and we had a wonderful dinner and afterwards they came back to my house and spent the evening....that's why I moved back here! I was planning a quiet dinner by myself and instead I ended up with my family....I feel very blessed and thankful. Here's some pictures I took of my new house:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image My bedroom, my boys bedroom and my guest bedroom

Posted Image The Kitchen

Posted ImageMy living and dining room (uummm...you may notice that the dining room table is missing....:detect: ... it's lost and I'm praying it will be found by Wednesday (they promise it will)....or we will be eating turkey on our LAPS...lol)

Posted ImagePosted Image My family room

Posted Image Posted Image My office (surrounded by my loved ones and of course Gerry :-)

Posted Image My back patio (as seen from the family room). My backyard still has A LOT of work to get done...but will have to wait until spring now.