Gerard Butler GALS
kaylanismommy1

I"m Not Strange

I have been thinking a bit more about Gerry since joining GALS. And one recurring thought is troubling me a bit. I don't think it's normal to care as deeply as I do about someone I have never met, never will meet, and who has no idea that I exist. Is it normal to love a stranger so much that if he asked you would give up everything (with the exception of my child) for him? To think about him as often as you do anything else important? To watch his films and tell yourself he is looking at you, or saying those words to you? Is it normal that when I watch Tomb Raider to want to beat the crap out of Angelina Jolie and then fume in a jealous haze that she is kissing him and I am not? I really don't think this is normal. I'm kinda scared that I need therapy or something.

Yeh I'd book your appointment now :rotflmao:

Have Gerry slip into your daily life not your daily life slip into Gerry. You're in early stages it will become easier in time to get a happy medium. You say you won't ever meet him - come to a premiere, meet other fans, see he's real, just a man but most importantly that when he walks away and doesn't take you with him that will bring you back to earth with a bump and put everything into perspective :lmao:

Moira

Oh Kady, I've so been where you are GF! I would be willing to guess that every single one of us has. The man just has something special and we are addicted. Don't think you aren't normal because there are tons like you here, on other fansites, and all over the world. Just come talk to us whenever you need to 'cause we understand more than you realize.

Hugs,

Buff

Honey, when you have a minute, go to the GALS Support Center. On the first page you will see a list of symptoms that we have all shared. I'm sure you will feel better when you realize that what you are feeling is a general condition shared by all of us! Take comfort, my dear - there is nothing wrong with you - you just have GALS!

:drink:

Support Center: http://www.gerardbutlergals.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=36022&st=0

Hugs,

Suzie

Kady, you are one of millions of people who see this very special man in a very special way.

While I have never imagined he was saying things to me, I do see him as someone I

care about deeply and have never met, and would do a lot for, not anything, but almost.

I am, however, older and not so prone to letting my imagination run away with me as I did

when I was younger. I see the world much more realistically now and realize my own

limitations.

Gerry has that something very special that makes people who are deeply sensitive want to

take care of him and protect him. We seem to sense a connection to him because he is also

so sensitive and charismatic. Those qualities are what allow him to so deeply sense the

characters he portrays. I have realized by the conversations and posts here and on other

Gerry sites that most of the people here have that sensitivity. If you study the people here

you will find writers, poets, musicians, etc. on the sites. People of creativity as Gerry is.

Most of us have that deep sensitivity also. People here are givers, and people who seek

out the truth about situations, etc.

Don't feel that you are in need of help. You are in need of understanding that most people

don't have. Most people will never understand a sincere attraction to sensitivity, sweetness,

and honesty, that is Gerry. You are in the right place here. We do understand.

Love him absolutely,

Sandy

I'm normally a realist that doesn't let impossible things effect me. But there is just something about him. Maybe he reminds of that prince I dreamt of as a child. Maybe I am at a point in my life that I need a good fantasy to escape to when things get too stressful. I may be going overboard but in spite of that I am comforted by my love for Gerry. I know I will never meet him because I can not afford to travel to wherever he may be. So I will have to live with loving him from afar.

Sandy- You know, I am a writer myself. Gerry actually inspires the writer in me. And whenever I write a hero in my mind he looks like Gerry and even takes on some Gerry like qualities. Maybe I am more sensitive to this wild attachment because I have the sensibilities of a writer. That is something to think about. So thanks. Posted ImagePosted Image

Kady, he's inspired me to write as well. One of the two male characters in my novel (in progress, on Chapter 23) has many of Gerry's physical characteristics. I agree with Sandy totally; well said GF!!

Hugs,

Buff

I don't care if people think I'm crazy, I'm happy loving Gerry and that's all that matters.Posted Image

You're definitely NOT crazy hon :-) I never knew I could feel something so strong for a man I've never met - like I always say, "I love him more than any other man I don't know..." although, I would love to know him - not in the biblical sense tho ;-)

There is something so special about him!! I want to drown in his laughter and lose my breath laughing at his goofiness...

I do plan on going to a Premiere or a film fest - maybe even TIFF this year, not only to meet Gerry, but to finally meet some awesome gals who share this "craziness"... Gerry has brought us together, and that's what makes him special...

I'm rambling now...

We have G-A-L-S in the best sort of way :-)

Veronica xoxoxo

Sent from Vero's iPhone using Tapatalk

Kady, No, you don't need help just the love and support of likeminded women who feel the exact or almost exact same way that you do. I've only been enjoying..err suffering from GALS since the beginning of this year and it hasn't gotten better it's only gotten worse to my immense delight.

And btw, I wanted to beat the crap out of Angelina Jolie too. And the kissing part....

I like that he had waaaay more chemistry with Angie on TR than he did with Jen on TBH. And it was Jen's fault. She's not a very good actress. That make out scene on TR is SOOOOOOOO hot. If you watch that scene and arent convinced that Gerry is an amazing kisser than something is wrong. Every time I see it I get jealous and a little ummmm........ maybe I should sensor myself. You know what I mean. Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by kaylanismommy1

Oh Kady, I've so been where you are GF! I would be willing to guess that every single one of us has. The man just has something special and we are addicted. Don't think you aren't normal because there are tons like you here, on other fansites, and all over the world. Just come talk to us whenever you need to 'cause we understand more than you realize.

Hugs,

Buff

We've talked one another through those TGIFs (Tough Gerry Infatuation Fears) all over Gals. You're not alone, believe me. And Buffy and I both can attest that it does, indeed, get better.

Love Moira's take on it...she is an expert!