Gerard Butler GALS

Please pray for Peggy

I just got this PM from Frannie:

I would have called you but I'm just a little too bummed to talk but can I ask once again that the gals prayer battalion get together for Peggy? I'm afraid the news so far has not been good. At first the Doctor was talking about an operation and now one of the surgeons himself told Ronnie yesterday that an operation is going to be too risky and it could kill her!! Ronnie asked what is the alternative and this guy says she would most likely have to be put in a nursing home as a paraplegic at this point! I am beside myself but haven't given up hope yet ....Ronnie and his brother are meeting with other Docs this afternoon to discuss this further. I guess what they want to know is there still a chance for surgery and at what odds.... Sue, I know my sister will not like the alternative and at this point she needs all the prayers she can get so once again I come to Gals for help.... If I hear anything this afternoon I will let you know. And thanks so much my friend... I love you my sister of the heart ....I hope you know just how much!

Frannie

As many of you know, Peggy (chachababy) has been in a rehab hospital for quite some time now. At first it was because of her pain and not being able to walk and lift her arms. What most of you don't know (not even her family knew until last week) is that Peggy broke her back in a fall sometime ago and it went undetected until last week when a doctor ordered an MRI.

Please pray for Peggy that her sons can find a skilled surgeon and that there is a way for her to have successful surgery and get back on her feet....and if this is not possible; that God would give her the grace and comfort she is going to need to face the possibility that she will spend the rest of her time here as a paraplegic.

Lord, You know Peggy, You know her needs and what she is going through right now. I pray today that you will wrap your arms around her. Draw her close to you and whisper truth to her...She is loved. She is chosen. She has a purpose. You have a plan. I know she has to be so weary from the long, long months in the hospital and from living with such pain. I ask that You would renew her strength. If she is discouraged, give her hope. Guide her sons to the right doctor who can help her and Lord, if it be Your will....please let Peggy walk again...at least enough so she can take care of herself and not have to stay in a nursing home. And if it is Your will that Peggy remain unable to walk then I ask that You hold her tight and quiet her heart and soul with the assurance that You are there with her during these hard times. Surround her with people who love her and can support her and help her. Lord, I believe Your mercies are still new every morning, and Your arms are still outstretched to embrace every hurting heart. So embrace Peggy Lord. I also Lord, lift up Frannie to You. She has gone through so much and is still going through such a hard time and now this is just another heartache for her to have to endure. Hold her Lord, whisper to her that she is loved. I ask this in Your name Jesus.

Frannie, I love you my sister....give Peggy my love and tell her that the prayer brigade here at GALS will be praying for her.

Posted Image

love, hugs, and prayers,

Sue

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm joining you in prayer for Peggy.

How awful and sad - I cannot imagine the pain and heartache for Peggy and her family. They will all be in my prayers.

Thank you to Frannie for entrusting us with Prayer Detail and to Sue for leading us in Prayer.

Wrapping Peggy and all in gentle hugs, love and prayer,

Barb

Thank you Sue and Frannie for letting us know about our dear Peggy.

I can't imagine the pain she is dealing with. For Peggy, Frannie and all the family....

Posted Image

Gentle loving Hugs to you all!

Cheryl

Posted ImagePeggy!

It is only fitting that I use one of Peggy's own icons here. She has always been a very special friend to me. I remember joining Peggy in prayer and concern over her great granddaughter, Lea, who was born prematurely. Prayers worked then and I know they will work for Peggy now. I feel so bad that it took the doctors so long to find out she broke her back. I hope and PRAY now that they will be able to help her. The alternative would be a sad outcome for her. Thank you Sue for letting us know about this very sad situation with Peggy.

Sue, please tell Frannie that my heart goes out to her and I am continuing to pray for her as well because this adds to her emotional sad times.

~HUGS~ Kathy

I am so very sorry to hear about Peggy's condition. I am especially sorry that her broken back went undetected for so long, allowing her to continue damaging it as she tried to get on with living her daily life. Someone should be held accountable! But Peggy is such a darling, loving person, she would be the last to lay blame. God grant a way is found to bring her back to a normal life with her wonderful Ronnie and her children. God also grant grace and faith to the family as they handle yet more stress. God bless each of you.

Peggy and Frannie, sweet sisters of the heart, God be with you.

Suzie

Thank you, Sue for bringing this to us.

I am so very sorry to hear about Peggy's condition. I am especially sorry that her broken back went undetected for so long, allowing her to continue damaging it as she tried to get on with living her daily life. Someone should be held accountable! But Peggy is such a darling, loving person, she would be the last to lay blame. God grant a way is found to bring her back to a normal life with her wonderful Ronnie and her children. God also grant grace and faith to the family as they handle yet more stress. God bless each of you.

Peggy and Frannie, sweet sisters of the heart, God be with you.

Suzie

Thank you, Sue for bringing this to us.

Dearest Frannie,

My sister of the heart - you know you and Peggy are in my prayers every day and thank you Sue for keeping us inform. I'm at my cousin's for the week and I know she will add you and Peggy to her prayer chain. You know I wish I could do more all of the time for you, but I know just how much you appreciate all here that keep you in their thoughts & prayers.

Much love & gentle hugs, Barbara

Thank you so very much! We are still waiting for my Nephews to get home and we are hoping with a little bit better news than yesterday. I will keep you all posted and once again......from the bottom of my heart I thank you and I know Peggy will certainly Bless you all too for your support and prayers!

:kiss: Frannie

Frannie,

Please add my thoughts and prayers for a good outcome for dear Peggy. She is such a sweet lady and we miss her. Sending prayers now for you, Peggy and your family. May God answer your prayers for Peggy.

:hugs:

Diane

So very sorry to hear this news about Peggy. I will add her specifically to my prayers for you, Frannie, and your

family. SO much sadness and hardship lately for so many here at GALS. I know the Lord hears our prayers, and

offers us comfort and hope. Don't know what we would do with out our GALS/sisters of the heart.

Love and prayers,

Judy

I will put out a prayer for her tonight; hang in there Peggy you are in all our thoughts and prayers...

An update on Peggy! As of now she is being transferred back to the rehab hospital and is out of ICU....Surgery is out as the odds are against her. There are new Docs in the picture and there is a glimmer of hope that they can make her as comfortable as possible but the word is she will be in a wheelchair and most likely for good. They also have some hope that they can get some movement out of at least one of her arms . She does not have a broken neck after all. The vertebrae (4c) (3c) are way out of line and pressing on nerves that are too dangerous to go near and this is all caused from the Rheumatoid Arthritis that she has been suffering with for years.... My nephew (Ronnie) Is doing all the leg work ...(God Bless that boy) and we are not giving up and neither is Peggy! Just wanted to let you all know and to thank you for your prayers once again! I'm guessing they are working because Ronnie said she was quite alert the other day and also he had her laughing! That alone is good news for me.... We are leaving NY tomorrow morning and will stop to see her on our way out...this way I can see for myself how she is doing! The power of prayer and the prayer warriors on this site are a wonderful thing!! :kiss:

:hearts: Frannie

Edited by ladyfran

Frannie, I am so sorry to hear this news about Peggy, but it does sound like there is some hope & it is good to know her back is not actually broken. I know she's been in great pain for a long time.

I will continue to keep both of you in my prayers.

:hugs:

Ren

Frannie...Thank you so much for the update. I have been thinking about Peggy a lot and I feel so helpless. It does sound like the doctors are narrowing in on Peggy's problem. That brings hope that they can make Peggy more comfortable and hopefully give her the use of at least one of her arms. That would be wonderful. I'm so glad to hear she is in a good frame of mind now. Let's keep it that way by saying more and more prayers for her well being. I'm doing my part. I never under estimate the power of prayer.

Have a safe trip home Frannie!!

~HUGS~ Kathy

Dearest Frannie and Peggy forgive my tardiness in not posting in the Prayer Thread sooner, I finally got around to reading my emails which sadly had been unread for a while.

My prayers are for Peace of mind and Comfort for Peggy and all her family, do pass on my very best wishes to sweet Peggy for me Frannie.

God is our strength when we are weak. When our heart faints and we feel too tired to go on, lean on God, our strength, our rock and deliverer.

Gentle hugs,Anna X

Oh Anna Sweetie you are either have me laughing or crying my friend. unfortunately this time it's the latter! I'm afraid I have to ask for the prayer brigade to keep coming PLEASE! Last night Ronnie called and told me that a surgeon went to see Peggy and said that she should have surgery as soon as possible as he said he is afraid that she may not make it if left in the condition she is in... I am typing this with a heavy heart so forgive me if I don't make a lot of sense.... They are supposed to contact a special Neurosurgeon in New York City ...I think from St. Charles Hospital but I'm not positive and if he agrees she will be transferred there and have the very risky but critical surgery! I'm waiting for more word from Ronnie and have been praying as hard as I can that something Good happens soon....I just don't know how much more strength I have left and so I ask for a continuation of your prayers and some positive energy from all my beautiful Gals and Pals! Thank you very much!

:kiss: Frannie

Frannie Sweetie,

Know that my heartfelt prayers and positive thoughts are with you and Peggy. Your strength amazes me. Know I am here always for you.

Lv & Hugs, Barbara

Posted Image

Oh God I am in your hands

You know me from my mother's womb

O wise Creator sooth my pain;

heal my body and soul.

O Good Jesus you left doing good

and healing many

Once your hands raised the dead to life'

restore my health to me.

Once your hands gave sight to the blind'

take me from the darkness of my fears.

Once your hands made the paralysed walk,

let me walk again with my family and friends.

Once your hands were nailed to the cross,

strengthen me in sickness and pain.

O Holy Spirit

Giver of Life

Helper and Friends

Source of all good gifts

bring peace and comfort to me...

Dear Peggy we all pray for you in your hour of need; in prayer there are

many miracles still today. Know that you are surrounded by love....

Hugs May

Edited by may