Gerard Butler GALS

Need prayers please-breast issues

Andrea~mc

I need prayers if you please...I had a ultrasound done of my breasts last week and I received a letter today stating that it requires further evaluation,mammogram or biopsy I'm not sure which.I'll be getting in touch with my doctor tomorrow...today is my eldest boys 5th birthday.It was not a good day to be getting that kind of letter. I am scared. So,if you would keep me in your prayers.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, Andrea, it is scary to get a letter like that! I got a similar one a few years ago that turned out to be nothing when they evaluated further. I will certainly pray that yours is a similar case! :comfort:

:hugs:

A letter should never be sent under these circumstances because it scares the recipient. How heartless to do that. I would call your doctor right away for an explanation. Chances are it is just a recheck but scary none the less when just a letter shows up. We women need to start yelling at our doctors to treat us with more respect. A phone call with a full explanation should be routine, not a carbon copy letter.

Of course Andrea, I will be saying prayers for you.

~HUGS~ Kathy

Andrea, I can just imagine how a letter like that would scare the heck out of you. My daughter got one similar to that and it did turn out to be just a recheck. Keep positive thoughts Sweetie and we'll be keeping you in our prayers for sure!

:hugs: Frannie

Edited by ladyfran

Andrea, prayers will be going out tonight with all the others. Praying that the repeat tests will be normal as they usually are. I know it's really easy to tell someone else not to worry but when it happens to you it is mind boggling!

I try to remember the old saying, "Fear knocked at the door. Faith opened it and found no-one there." Sometimes I have been known to say it over and over but it usually helps me.

Take care and hope all goes well. Much love being sent to you. Pat

P.S. Remember, you can't keep a good Gal down!!

My mammogram is Monday at 9:30 AM. Thanks all of you Gals for the encouragement. Thanks for that saying Pat. I have been talking to alot of people who had cysts etc...I am trying to remain optomistic..

Try not to make your self sick by worrying; last year they made me pass two Mammography almost back to back with the end diagnosis being a calcium accumulation. Next week I go back for another mammography to see if it has gotten worse. I could have spent the entire year in dreaded fear of their findings; I've decided to wait until there is really something to worry about then I don't miss a day of living and enjoying the best days. Sometimes it takes a bit of a scare to make us realize; hey; the sun is out and the day is a gift so why not take it one day at a time? My brother in-law has been going through Chemo-therapy for two years now and radiation treatments for cancer and will have to go through it all again in the coming months (because the first round did not work). He said to me the other day "I can't remember the good times only the crap they've been putting me through in the past two years; I wish I would have appreciated the good days before this hit me!" Every day is a gift; so savour them because who knows what lays ahead. Next week; I will go for my mammography; then wait for the results again..but in the meanwhile; the sun is shining and my garden swing awaits Good luck; I will keep you in my thoughts.

Thanks May.I think what's unnerved me is I have cysts on my ovaries etc...I know the whole "click...measure" thing...so I knew what they were doing.My mother had a double masectomy 6 years ago because of bad cells.I was due to start getting mammorgrams next year...but it's still so scarey.

Thanks May.I think what's unnerved me is I have cysts on my ovaries etc...I know the whole "click...measure" thing...so I knew what they were doing.My mother had a double mastectomy 6 years ago because of bad cells.I was due to start getting mammograms next year...but it's still so scary.

I had the same problem when I was 29 and they did a Hysterectomy when I turned 30.I have never regretted that move because from then on there were no more periods to deal with or pains and bloating. In my father's side of the family; out of three sisters he had two with breast cancer and his mother too. On my mother's side; they all died early due to Lung cancer and one to Ovarian cancer. When they called me back last year; the first thought was "Now it's my turn!" but when they told me that it was calcium it gave me a little relief.Perhaps some day; it might happen to me too; (genes have a lot to do with it also); so for now life is brighter; warmer; and tastes sweeter until that day when things change. Hopeless Optimist? Perhaps; but in the mean while my "bucket list" all be it a short one; is getting done now while the time is ripe to complete it. I pray for you that all goes well and I slip in a word for my tests on Thursday (another Mammography) and let God handle the load from there. Keep the faith; it's all we have at times and share your burdens with the friends who can bend the ear of one who is mightier than all of us... By the way; I write this in Pink for all the women who have struggled with cancer over the years; they are true hero's who fight the good fight and lead the way until Science can figure out a cure.

I'll pray for you with your Mammogram Thursday.Mine is tomorrow morning at 9:30.

Thus far there really isn't any cancer related to such cysts in my Mom or dad's side.It's just cysts,usually small ones...and there is alot of fibrocity of the breasts on my Mom's side.The down side...mammograms,biopsies etc...the upside..we don't tend to go flat.lol Most of the cancers in my family are related to chemicals they used on crops in the 30's-60's. Because alot of my family were farmers/sharecroppers. Or they had cancers due to things they did to themselves...chew tobacco,chain smoking etc...The only one that seems to be genetic is leukemia..So far there hasn't been any of that*knock on wood* in 2 generations.

I'll pray for you with your Mammogram Thursday.Mine is tomorrow morning at 9:30.

Thus far there really isn't any cancer related to such cysts in my Mom or dad's side.It's just cysts,usually small ones...and there is alot of fibrocity of the breasts on my Mom's side.The down side...mammograms,biopsies etc...the upside..we don't tend to go flat.lol Most of the cancers in my family are related to chemicals they used on crops in the 30's-60's. Because alot of my family were farmers/sharecroppers. Or they had cancers due to things they did to themselves...chew tobacco,chain smoking etc...The only one that seems to be genetic is leukemia..So far there hasn't been any of that*knock on wood* in 2 generations.

Well I'm sending good thoughts your way for tomorrow and a little prayer might not go amiss too; so keep your faith up and let's pray that all goes well for this week's tests...Hugs May

I had my mammogram and an awesome tech who was straight up with me about what my paperwork said.I'm to go to a surgeon,I have a cyst in my left breast and a mass(probably a cyst) in my right breast.The are probably benign but I am being sent to a surgeon for a consult then probably a biopsy.

Thinking of you and sending prayers for it to all be ok for you. I just went through some of this myself in March. Thank the Good Lord my biopsy was negative. I know the wait and worry thing is so hard.

Hugs,

Diane

Yes,Diane the wait and worrying is the worst part.And Barb,I am so thankful for that tech and told her so! lol

I go to the surgeon next Thursday.

Andrea,

Did you go to see the surgeon yet or is that this coming Thursday? I'm praying for you as well sweetie. You hang in there.

love and hugs,

Sue

I had my mammogram and an awesome tech who was straight up with me about what my paperwork said.I'm to go to a surgeon,I have a cyst in my left breast and a mass(probably a cyst) in my right breast.The are probably benign but I am being sent to a surgeon for a consult then probably a biopsy.

:doh:Well I had my mammography on Thursday May 26th and my doctor called me to say that I have to go to Hull for a needle biopsy as soon as the hospital calls. We try to stay optimist but it sure knocks you back a bit when we get the call. My husband was listening to the conversation and his face paled visibly. I refuse to stop my sit ups and jogging; until I have the confirmation of anything dire. I just have to keep an open mind on this situation. There seems to be an epidemic of breast biopsy's lately.