Gerard Butler GALS
becozy

Saturday Gala!

Screen captues in Gallery, and some pics, too

And some from The Shade Tree service project

Posted Image Posted Image

Gerry called the convention (yes, we'll have an mp3 of it and transcript as soon as possible!) He thanked us for our hard work, and congratulated (and sent a 'hug') to Sara, the Rising Phoenix Inspiration Award recipient! He was out at an 'event' so the call was brief. :D

Posted Image Allan Scott-Douglas sang Music Of The Night Posted Image and did a duet with Katie/Songbird Point of No Return!

Posted Image Billy Kay performed - All Proceeds from his song will go to The Shade Tree Shelter.

Download "Ready...Set...Gone" Billy Kay Music

Marlene Richter, Executive Director of TSTS, and a guest spoke about The Shade Tree and expressed appreciation for all our support, and Dayna thanked all the members for being so generous in our support of the GCF efforts on behalf of TSTS.

Posted Image Congratulations to Sara, the recipient of the Rising Phoenix Inspiration Award!

Posted Image Posted Image

Sam Childers could join the GALS in Vegas, as he was returning from Sudan - Sam made an appeal via a video; he donated framed photos of Gerry - the proceeds will go towards the support of Sam's Angels of East Africa.

Posted Image

Specially Autographed TUT poster

Posted Image

And a special box of "Outlander" books autographed and donated by Diana Gabaldon

And Allan Scott-Douglas Auctioned his family kilt-pin to benefit TSTS!

The night is over, thanks to all who have participated.

Thanks Barb.

I'm looking forward to the download. It looks as though it was a great night.

Looking forward to what he said!

:detect:So how many attended the convention this year? Was there a Ball like last year where people dressed up in Gerry's characters?

It sounds like this year's convention was yet another rousing success, as always. Wish I could have been there.Posted ImagePosted Image

I am proud to be a part of a group of fabulously organized and fun group such as GB Gals! Posted Image

I love you all for bringing us like-minded Juice Lovers together Posted Image

When my life ever settles down, I vow to absolutely, positively attend a future convention Posted Image

The Saturday night Charity Ball and Auction is 'the' key even each year, and reflects the 'theme' of the year...

This year the them was "Be the Hero of Your Own Story", so many of the GALS wore evening gowns or dressy attire...

because, after all, we are each the hero of our own stories! :pointy:

There were about 40 attendees including guest performers. :D

We had about 40 Virtual Con 'attendees' watching the events from the ballroom on Friday and Saturday nights at various times.

Thanks to all who participated and helped make it such fun, both in Vegas and 'Virtually'!

:hearts:

I want to thank Barb, Stu, and Holly for putting in the time and effort to bring the '11 convention to those of us who could not attend. It's makes me feel like I am still part of this community.

Swannie

GINORMOUS HUGS and a big :thankyou: to GB GALS for letting so many of us take part in the Virtual Con to see and feel the excitement! Again I felt like I was seated there with everyone at the Gala.

Kudos go to Holly and Stu for the spectacular camera action feed and U-stream chat. Thanks to Holly we didn't miss a thing!

Barb: :yourock: making sure we virtual conners did not miss any of the action.

I enjoyed every minute of it and I was up till the wee hours of the morning (3 AM EST) with ya'll.

:hug:

Diane

Definitely agreed! You gals rock so much for allowing us who couldn't be there in person to still 'be there' .

Everyone is so talented in this lot and you gals really went above and beyond to bring the con to everyone :D

:bow2::bow:

Edited by mumbleram

Thanks Barb, Holly and Stu for the Virtual Con. I watched the LIVE UStream both nights but didn't chat much there because I just wanted to watch the videos. Looked like a great convention! Looking forward to videos we can download. Loved hearing Gerry's voice!! He is one busy guy!

~HUGS~ Kathy

I'm so bummed that I even missed the virtual con this year!!! First time I missed one since being a GAL! ;) Happy to see it was another success! Wish I was there but as most of you know my life has been hectic lately with every thing that has been going on. I will try and catch up on the pictures and vids and such though ...... Can't miss them! :)

:wave: Frannie

I wish I could have attended the convention! I am in the middle of a divorce & money is tight. I could have used the good time!

Gerry is a wonderful man & actor! He is one of the few I admire in Hollywood.

Big THANK YOU for the virtual con! I watched last years videos and caught most of this years' live stream. I must say that I HAVE to be there next year! Y'all seem like such a close-knit community, like a family that I'd love to officially be a part of (once I get past my noob status :D)

Amazing job to everyone involved!

~Lori

Edited by LoriW

Big THANK YOU for the virtual con! I watched last years videos and caught most of this years' live stream. I must say that I HAVE to be there next year! Y'all seem like such a close-knit community, like a family that I'd love to officially be a part of (once I get past my noob status :D)

Amazing job to everyone involved!

~Lori

:funnyup:

Thats cute :D.

Just want to say, huge THANK YOU to everyone who put together the Virtual-Con...It was awesome chatting with everyone and feeling as though I was there! So what if I lost a few hours' sleep...it was so worth it to share in the excitement over Gerry's phone call, and to experience all the fun moments such as the duet, the auctions, etc...

When I wasn't chatting on the live stream, other than going about my normal daily activities, I definitely had a GB weekend of my own. Thursday, I watched 'Beowulf and Grendel', Friday I watched 'P.S. I Love You', Saturday I watched 'POTO' and 'Nim's Island'(Thanks for the movie chat!!), and Sunday I watched '300'.

So thank you everyone for letting me be a part of this. It was awesome getting to know all of you! Posted Image

Lori - never be concerned about being a noob, here or at the convention. There were several people at the convention for the very first time and within minutes they were totally embraced by the FANmily, as you will be when you or anyone takes the leap to join us next time!

I am so glad that we were able to ustream to those who couldn't be there in person, thanks to Stuart and Holly, and Barb too. The inclusion of everyone is what we try to convey here at GALS. But there are a few little things you just have to be there to experience, like a hug from a tall, handsome and very personable Scotsman. So even though we will continue to offer the Virtual Convention whenever we can, if you start saving now, and life challenges don't throw you for a loop, hopefully many who were absent this year will be there next year.

Thank you so much for the Virtual Con, it was awesome to see everything. I am so sorry I missed this year's convention, but as soon as the announcement for next year, I am there (Time to start saving money!)From what I saw on-line is was great and let everyone know, that I miss each of you. Thank you to everyone.

I was a first-timer, and I can't properly convey the effect being there has had on me. I have no idea what it is about Gerry that brings these ladies together, but they are the most wonderful women I've ever known.

I can also say that the convention was not only well run and extremely welcoming, but also first class from beginning to end. When you are looking toward the 2012 convention, I can guarantee that you will be extremely impressed by the value for your convention fee. The banquet food was what you'd be served at a fine restaurant (beef tenderloin served hot and perfectly prepared????) and the entertainment was incredible (thank you Katie and Allan).

The messages from Shade Tree, Angels of Africa, the testimonials from both a Shade Tree "graduate" and the video from Sam Childers and Angels of East Africa, along with the loving, tender song by Billy Kay left a profound impression on me. Thank you to every single person who had anything to do with bringing this together. You did an incredible job and I'll never forget this past weekend, truly!

Love,

Buff

BIG HUGE THANK YOUS to Barb, Stu and Holly for handling the virtual con! :drink:

If you can't make it in person, I'm so glad we can offer the next best thing!

Hugs,

Cheryl

:unsure:I guess the "hard times" that have hit the USA and others; have made it impossible for those good old days of taking the trek to Vegas eh? Does anyone remember the year Gerry came to the convention and how many fans were there then? By the way; do other fansites like PG.net and Angel.net also attend?

:unsure:I guess the "hard times" that have hit the USA and others; have made it impossible for those good old days of taking the trek to Vegas eh? Does anyone remember the year Gerry came to the convention and how many fans were there then? By the way; do other fansites like PG.net and Angel.net also attend?

Thanks for the sweet words! Holly and Stuart do an incredible job on the 'technical & hosting' aspects of the Virtual Con, and tons more 'behind the scenes', too!

The Convention is open to ALL fans of Gerry, regardless if they belong to a 'fan site' or not...

and in the past years attendees have brought spouses, 'significant others' and friends, too!

You may attend 'solo' and you'll have an immediate band of friends to join in with from Registration to Sunday pool farewell! :pointy:

Oh, girls! How lucky you are...! You had a great time together... :partytime: in :vegasbaby: . And on the top of all: Gerry called you...:swoon:OMG :wuv:

Thanks again this year go Holly, Stu and Barb, and everyone involved in the Con.

I have attended the virtual every year it has been on and always feel as tho I

am there. This Fanmily is the closed thing to a real family that anyone could be

a part of. I love you all, and enjoyed every single minute of the con. I stayed up

both nights until you closed down the feed.

I especially want to thank Holly for her devotion to making sure we all feel a part

of the activities. She always puts it all on the line, and I certainly appreciate it.

Everyone looked lovely and I could tell you were having a blast.

If my health and finances ever allow, I would love to be a part of this fantastic

celebration of love and devotion to Gerry, because you all know that I,

Love him absolutely,

Sandy

Thanks again this year go Holly, Stu and Barb, and everyone involved in the Con.

I have attended the virtual every year it has been on and always feel as tho I

am there. This Fanmily is the closed thing to a real family that anyone could be

a part of. I love you all, and enjoyed every single minute of the con. I stayed up

both nights until you closed down the feed.

I especially want to thank Holly for her devotion to making sure we all feel a part

of the activities. She always puts it all on the line, and I certainly appreciate it.

Everyone looked lovely and I could tell you were having a blast.

If my health and finances ever allow, I would love to be a part of this fantastic

celebration of love and devotion to Gerry, because you all know that I,

Love him absolutely,

Sandy

Sandy, did you get to hear Gerry's call? I tried to catch some of the live feed but it wasn't easy because of the time difference.

Theresa