Gerard Butler GALS
Abrock

Home from Vegas roll-call

Abrock and Mousie checking in!

I floated in on cloud 9 on Sunday.

Thanks

Sara

I'm home! Our flight was about 40 minutes late taking off from Vegas, but Suzie and I landed in San Antonio today at about 5:30pm central time! :)

Yep, we are home. Tired but still on a high from an awesome time with me GALS!

Suzie

Home about 8:30 or so Monday night.

To everyone who made this event possible, I can't thank you enough for this memorable experience. To all of my Gal-friends, new and "old", I love you all more than I can say. To Dayna, thank you from the bottom of my heart for bringing us together. Gerard James Butler, you are a rare and special person who has affected each and every one of us in a profound way. I am honored to be a part of this Fan-mily.

Love,

Buff

Deetz and I got in two hours ago from Vegas...was very sad to see our GAL time come to an end.

Hugs Poppy

Made it home to Oregon about 6:15 pm.

Had a fabulous time as always! So fun meeting new GALS and hangin' in Vegas :pointy:

The time comes and goes by sooooo quickly. It's always hard to say goodbye for another year.

Love ya all!!

Hugs,

Cheryl

I got home about 8 o'clock last night. LOOOONG time to get home, thanks to thunderstorms in Memphis and Delta airlines absconding OUR Huntsville plane to get another delayed flight out of the airport. Why make TWO delayed flights instead of just one? It was a long day, but thank goodness, I didn't have to go into work today, so I can unpack and rest, too.

I am already in the throes of post-Vegas Con blues!! While it's true our numbers were down a bit, the ladies (and gents) who were there were fantastic! It was great to meet so many who were there for the first time. And so wonderful to see the 'regulars'! Our sisters and brothers (Big Mike and Good Sport) who could not be there were sadly and greatly missed, and remembered! Other than those two "pals" I won't name specific ones, because I do not want to inadvertently exclude someone, but you know who you are!

However, I MUST give a shout out and specific thank you to Allan Scott-Douglas. Allan was a fantastic sport and even after a horrific flight schedule from Italy to Las Vegas, he kept up his positive spirit and gave us all such a treat with his talent, his warmth, his humor, his Scottish accent (Posted Image), and his personal embracing of The Shade Tree Shelter and all the wonderful work it does for breaking the cycle of abuse for the women and children affected by it. When he removed his kilt pin and offered it for auction to raise more money for TST, I was deeply moved. Allan is a class act all around. It was my distinct honor, privilege and pleasure to have met him, and to have sung with him. A HUGE thank you to Holly for networking and 'procuring' Allan for our convention.

What a year to remember! Posted Image

All my love,

Katie / Songbird / SNOG

I got home about 8 o'clock last night. LOOOONG time to get home, thanks to thunderstorms in Memphis and Delta airlines absconding OUR Huntsville plane to get another delayed flight out of the airport. Why make TWO delayed flights instead of just one? It was a long day, but thank goodness, I didn't have to go into work today, so I can unpack and rest, too.

I am already in the throes of post-Vegas Con blues!! While it's true our numbers were down a bit, the ladies (and gents) who were there were fantastic! It was great to meet so many who were there for the first time. And so wonderful to see the 'regulars'! Our sisters and brothers (Big Mike and Good Sport) who could not be there were sadly and greatly missed, and remembered! Other than those two "pals" I won't name specific ones, because I do not want to inadvertently exclude someone, but you know who you are!

However, I MUST give a shout out and specific thank you to Allan Scott-Douglas. Allan was a fantastic sport and even after a horrific flight schedule from Italy to Las Vegas, he kept up his positive spirit and gave us all such a treat with his talent, his warmth, his humor, his Scottish accent (Posted Image), and his personal embracing of The Shade Tree Shelter and all the wonderful work it does for breaking the cycle of abuse for the women and children affected by it. When he removed his kilt pin and offered it for auction to raise more money for TST, I was deeply moved. Allan is a class act all around. It was my distinct honor, privilege and pleasure to have met him, and to have sung with him. A HUGE thank you to Holly for networking and 'procuring' Allan for our convention.

What a year to remember! Posted Image

All my love,

Katie / Songbird / SNOG

So nicely said about Allan, Katie. He was amazing and wonderful...and when you both performed, separately and together, it brought tears to my eyes. I'm beyond any other words...WOW, WOW, WOW!

Leslie :kisswink:

Thank you, Leslie! Believe me, it was MY PLEASURE!

It was SOOO great to meet you and Buff and to witness the special connection you two have made with each other through GBGALS.

You are both wonderful additions to the FANmily!

:hugs: Katie

I'm sorry I missed Las Vegas this year but I had to housesit our menagerie. We have the next best thing to the San Diego Zoo here. I'm going to try to make it next year. Hope to see you then. :D

Katie, your solo singing, along with Allan's solos and your fabulous, mind-bending, beautiful duet of "Point of No Return" were wonderful. I'm so pleased to have met you and to be able to call you my friend. You are just lovely both inside and out.

Hugs,

Buff

Thanks

Sara

It was delightful meeting you for the first time! I can easily see why you were named our 2011 winner of the Rising Phoenix award. I'll never forget your dance with Allan and the look on your face when Gerry said "big hugs and kisses to Sara Huff". You were cute in the Hospitality Suite when Dayna played it again. It was as if you couldn't believe your ears! You're a beautiful lady and an inspiration to us all.

Love,

Burma (Buffy/Buff)

I too have to add my :clap: to KT and Allan. You two were FANTASTIC :goodjob:

I got the chills, literally! The best entertainment so far IMHO! Brovo!!!

Katie you're amazing, and I know someone had to take Allan's hand and show him the ropes, so glad you took the bullet on this one! he he!

Love ya,

Cheryl

Katie, your solo singing, along with Allan's solos and your fabulous, mind-bending, beautiful duet of "Point of No Return" were wonderful. I'm so pleased to have met you and to be able to call you my friend. You are just lovely both inside and out.

Hugs,

Buff

Thanks

Sara

It was delightful meeting you for the first time! I can easily see why you were named our 2011 winner of the Rising Phoenix award. I'll never forget your dance with Allan and the look on your face when Gerry said "big hugs and kisses to Sara Huff". You were cute in the Hospitality Suite when Dayna played it again. It was as if you couldn't believe your ears! You're a beautiful lady and an inspiration to us all.

Love,

Burma (Buffy/Buff)

Burma, thanks for the kind words. I was so pleased to meet you as well and hope to see you again next year. Ditto on Katie and Allan's singing. Katie knows how much I look forward to her songs every year. I think this year has topped them all!

Hugs

Sara

Edited by Sara

RezzRn and Samantha got back to AZ last night about 8PM and I got back to LA about 5PM. It was wonderful to see you all!

Katie and Alan ROCKED!!!

Char aka RedDragoness

Glad everyone is arriving home safely!!!

Y'all are too kind and all I can say is "you are welcome, from the bottom of my full heart!"

I have been humming PONR everyday since the Con. Is it any wonder?! Honestly, when Allan and I rehearsed it was quite staid and I was worried that we would be able to convey the emotions of the song,

although I knew all the gals would love it no matter what. I even said to Allan right before our turn to sing, "Now I'll probably flirt a bit with you, so don't be surprised!" BUT I WAS THE SURPRISED ONE!

From the moment he sang the first notes and looked into my eyes...I was mesmerized, just like Christine with the Phantom. I was blushing and breaking out in a sweat...whew! I meant it when I said, "rehearsal

was NOT like this!!" :lol: By the time it was my turn to sing, I felt transformed myself, so it was seemingly effortless to escape into the role of Christine. I'm looking forward to watching the performance on video, although

I'll probably react with "oh no, why did I do that/say that/sing that note?!"

Allan could not have been better suited for us and our event. What a lovely lovely person he is, and I know he's garnered many fans for life through the gals! I coaxed him into singing Music of the Night after I asked him

if it was familiar and of course, he better knew the theatrical version, which we luckily found the accompaniment online. He was a few lines into the song, just running through it accapella and I said, "Allan. You MUST sing

this tonight. You must." My greatest pleasure was hearing him sing MOTN, more than once, during our rehearsal.

Bless him, he fell asleep later that afternoon in his room as he was playing the songs on his Ipod, I think. We were supposed to run through our duet again, after we'd both had a chance to rehearse it separately, but he

woke up late and had to dash to get ready for the evening, so he was quite "nairvous" about the performances. He's a true professional, though, and pulled them all off without so much as a hitch!!!

I agree with what Burma said here (or perhaps some other thread) about the fact that even though our numbers were down, those who were there were able to really bond together. I think it was a fabulous convention

and am so heartened to read what a wonderful experience so many of you had, especially the 'first timers'.

:hugs:

Katie

I agree with everyone, Katie, I was near tears with the performance.

And, although no one can ever come close in my heart to Gerry, I was

so happy that Alan came to play this year. There have really been some

grand quality guests at the cons and I think I enjoyed Alan more than

anyone before him.

Even tho I can only join in virtually, I really look forward to this each

year and won't miss a minute that Holly gives us at home.

Thanks for a beautiful and moving solo and for the joy of yours and

Alans duets. I was truly moved by all of the performances.

Love ya and

Love him absolutely,

Sandy

I know it is a little late but RezzRn(Naoma) and MizSamBewitched(Samantha) made it safe and sound to hot and dry AZ. LOL. I want to extend a very warm thank you to a very special angel that enabled my Mom(RezzRn) to attend this year. Said angel made it possible for me to pay for most of my con fee. Sister(Reddragoness) only had to help with 65 this year. So the 3G's were able to attend. Thanks again. See all next year!!!!!

Back home again and already planning what to make for next year. I'll let you in on a secret. I already have procurred a buff picture of Gerry (pie showing, Holly) that will be auctioned off next June. I get to drool on it for 11 months. Signed with COA. I'm already putting together baskets and this is what keeps me going until next June. Each year gets better and better and yet the admins, mods and Dayna seem to outdue the convention each year. Until next year Gals......so long.

Back home again and already planning what to make for next year. I'll let you in on a secret. I already have procurred a buff picture of Gerry (pie showing, Holly) that will be auctioned off next June. I get to drool on it for 11 months. Signed with COA. I'm already putting together baskets and this is what keeps me going until next June.

Ooooooh.....!! *starts saving pennies*

So, like, I got home, on time, a week ago. I had the rest of the week off for vacation and did absolutely NOTHING!! Including not messing with the stuff I recorded and took pictures of. I will do this as work allows, download pics to photobucket and youtube for the vidieos. I am planning for next year as well and thinking of being with a roommate if anyone is thinking along those lines, already. Also, does anyone know who did that awsome needlepoint of Gerry. I would like to do some of my own and want to know how they did it.

It was great fun and so great meeting all of you. I felt so welcomed and part of the FAN-mily. See, Im already talking like a GAL!!

Hope to get to talk to you here or on Twitter or drop me a line at Facebook (I get on that once in a blue moon).

Veroncia