Gerard Butler GALS
Swansong

New Direction For Chanson

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to let all my friends and readers of Chanson de l'Ange know what is happening with my book. As I posted some time ago, Chanson de l'Ange was recently picked up by a very small but growing traditional publisher. The manuscript has been undergoing formatting and editing, and in the process, as my publisher has been reading through Book 2 for the first time, she and her team have decided that my book needs a whole new direction. She believe that it is a "special" story and wants to give it the best chance for a wider marketing strategy, and that this new strategy would mean dividing the novel up into 4 separate volumes, with each book being aprox 300 pages in length. She believes that breaking up the story this way would be more appealing to readers, rather than the 2 heavy volumes we have now. I am still mulling this over but I am seriously considering it. I was already planning to release a revised edition of Book One through my new publisher anyway, so the only major change will be that I must come up with 2 new cover designs. I have already been blasted with inspiration for 2 new designs and titles and can't wait to get started working on them. I feel so blessed that my publisher believes in Chanson enough to go through all the extra work of advising me and helping me with this process. We need to iron out some details, but I'm hopeful this is the way to go. Okay so these would be the 4 titles for the 4 part series of Chanson de l'Ange

Book One: Orphan in Winter

Book Two: The Bleeding Rose

Book Three: Firelight Through Diamonds

Book Four: The Angel's Song

WOW Swannie, this sounds awesome!! Congratulations my friend.

hugs,

Sue

That sounds the way to go, Swannie! Leave 'em wanting more with each book!

Congrats on your publishing!

Delene

Just so I have this straight...I have BOOK ONE (original). Does that mean that I already have Book One and Book Two from this new version? Do I start up with BOOK Three to continue? I don't want to buy a book that is already in BOOK ONE (original).

I agree that four smaller books will do well with most readers who don't like larger books. Personally, I don't care because I LOVE to read.

~HUGS~ Kathy

Just so I have this straight...I have BOOK ONE (original). Does that mean that I already have Book One and Book Two from this new version? Do I start up with BOOK Three to continue? I don't want to buy a book that is already in BOOK ONE (original).

I agree that four smaller books will do well with most readers who don't like larger books. Personally, I don't care because I LOVE to read.

~HUGS~ Kathy

Kathy, in the book you have now you essentially have Book One and Two from the new version. Yes you will pick up the story with Book Three. It will be a bit confusing for readers who already bought the first book, but what is really awesome is that my publisher is aiming to market my book to romance readers and not just POTO fans. So hopefully there will be a whole new audience for Chanson who haven't even heard of it yet.

Aimee, my publisher is Treasureline Publishing. They are a very young but dynamic company that is growing like crazy. It's a very small and friendly organization where many of the authors also work for the publisher as editors, formatters, cover designers, and so forth. I feel very honored to have been asked to join their little family!

~HUGS~ Kathy

Kathy, in the book you have now you essentially have Book One and Two from the new version. Yes you will pick up the story with Book Three. It will be a bit confusing for readers who already bought the first book, but what is really awesome is that my publisher is aiming to market my book to romance readers and not just POTO fans. So hopefully there will be a whole new audience for Chanson who haven't even heard of it yet.

Aimee, my publisher is Treasureline Publishing. They are a very young but dynamic company that is growing like crazy. It's a very small and friendly organization where many of the authors also work for the publisher as editors, formatters, cover designers, and so forth. I feel very honored to have been asked to join their little family!

OK, sounds good. I like the thinking of this publisher. It is a good idea to market the books to romance readers. I may end up buying the four new books anyway just to have the complete set.

~HUGS~ Kathy

Hi guys! I thought I'd share with you all some of the images I am collecting for the 2 new covers:

Firelight Through Diamonds Book 3:

The concept for this cover is a very lush spring setting with lots of greens and blues. I adore leaves and trees, so along with the angel statue and roses, this cover will feature lots of leaves against and a sort of dreamy dappled background. These are just a few:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'm leaning toward the pretty garden angel for the primary figure. More in next post

More for Firelight Through Diamonds:

Posted Image

Posted Image

And then for Orphan in winter, it will be a winter scene with roses, of course and an angel figure. Here are some images I've collected:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

More in next post

Edited by Swansong

I love seeing all the various images for your cover ideas, I'm sure the final products will be stunning. That is great that you've found a publisher who has a great forward vision for your work that will hopefully reach a much wider audience. I look forward to future updates.