Gerard Butler GALS

That's the problem with IMDb...anyone can throw their two cents in :lol:

I sincerely doubt Gerry is involved...it would be a tremendous coup for HBO...and they'd be promoting the heck out of someone of Gerry's caliber added to the cast...

although his current real-life look could place him in that fantasy scape!

The character is mentioned but not due to appear until Season 2 - which hasn't been cast yet.

I have a good source/connection with a friend who works for HBO and this is a FALSE rumor. GB is NOT going to do GOT nor has he been asked. He is too big a star to do a series.

It's also listed on Gerry's IMDb page as well. Interesting.

Delene

As I thought, this is a hoax. See this info from Winter Is Coming.net -

http://winter-is-coming.net/

UPDATE on fake IMDb casting: We have to address the issue of a prank that has gained track and triggered reactions cropping up left and right. Similar to the fake Catelyn casting for the pilot, someone has listed Gerard Butler as Stannis on IMDb. If the listing was for the next season, fine … I would never believe it, but it could make for a fun discussion, and I agree with FaBihoff here that it might spur HBO to release the real name sooner. However, Butler is said to appear in the final episode tonight, and we know that GRRM has been viewing Stannis audition tapes for season two. It’s completely fake, people, someone is messing with the fans. Don’t give them the satisfaction.

Too bad.

Closing this thread -

"HBO confirms to Zap2it that Butler's addition to the cast is not true, so you can probably credit this to IMDB's communal editing policy and a bored, hopeful fan."