Gerard Butler GALS
frisby

His Royal Wetness

Has anyone else noticed how often Gerry gets wet in films? (Where is that little yellow towel when you need it!) :yummy:

Have I missed anything out?

Mrs. Brown - got wet to the point of hypothermia!

Dracula 2000 - popping out of the lake

Attila - rainy scene and THOSE bath scenes!!

Reign of Fire - getting wet before getting frazzled

Timeline - floating down the river

The Phantom of the Opera - wading in the lair

Dear Frankie - gets his feet wet a wee bit in the sea when running with Frankie!

Beowulf & Grendel - in the sea, cave and a bit of rain too!

The Game of Their Lives - rainy football match

300 - clifftop torential rain

Butterfly on a Wheel - rain

Nim's Island - shipwreck/ sea etc

Tales of the Black Freighter - shipwrecked at sea again (OK I know you don't actually SEE Gerry!)

The Ugly Truth - Um...jello. Well that is sort of wet!

The Bounty Hunter - golf course water hazard!

Mavericks - will get VERY wet!

:Milo3:

Edited by frisby

Or the character dies! Granted, he does seem to do it well, but come on!! If he has to die, can it be as the French say, "le petite morte". ( okay, my French sucks, but I can barely handle American. Give me a break. hahaha ) You have to admit, that's one death we all enjoy!!!

The Divine Miss S :rose:

:lmao: Yep, he's either getting wet or dieing! But he's oh so sexy at doing both :drink:

Oh yes, not only have I noticed but for one of the Las Vegas conventions I created a 12x12 scrapbook called "Wet Gerry" and I still have that folder of pictures on my computer. It was definitely one of the most enjoyable times I have ever had making a scrapbook.

:D that's a fun list Frisby! :lol:

Susan, I remember seeing a photo of that page! It was clever!

I've always noticed this, too. I think I even mentioned it recently to Buffy.

That being said...THESE RECENT PICTURES OF GERRY SURFING ARE KILLING ME!!!

Buffy knows that Leslie loves Gerry in a wet suit! First, in Nim's Island and now getting ready for Mavericks. It's going to be a HOT, HOT, HOT summer...

Every time I watch B&G, though, and Gerry comes out of the water at the beginning, I remember how he almost froze to death...eek...poor Gerry. No wonder he's always needing a towel!

Susan, I imagine that was quite an album! Would love to have seen it. Maybe it's time for another one for next year, hmmm?

Leslie

All this wet talk has prompted me to buy on DVD the last Gerry film I haven't seen..Nim's Island!

This list research is tough work!

His submarine sinks in "Tomorrow Never Dies" too, ok he has one line and you dont actually see him get wet but there's only five survivors. You just have to assume his fate was death by sea :(

xxStephaniexx

:kiss:

Edited by FluffyCloud

With all the new surfing pictures and whatever we get from the set during filming I think I'll be up to the task of creating a new Wet Gerry scrapbook for next year's convention. I mean who would complain about creating 24 (or more) 12x12 pages filled with images of Gerry in his various drenched states over the years? There are also those photo shoot pics from last year taken in the surf which did n't make it into the first version. Oh, the sacrifices I'm willing to make for charity!! LOL!!

Susan, I remember that "Wet Gerry" album you made. :yummy: I'm looking forward to your next creation.....saving up now for the auction. :D

Going through my collection here are some additions to the original post -

Gus in Lucy Sullivan Gets Married - when they fall into the bathtub

Johnny in The Jury - not wet from rain but wet from a bottle of vodka

Terry in Tomb Raider 2 - when they are in the cave with Pandora's box, there is also a picture where it appears Terry is standing in the rain.

I remembered one more. Though his part as Chris in Harrison's Flowers is a small one he is, again, wet through much of it thanks to being out in a rain storm.

Great stuff Gals!

..two more from me too..

1) Law Abiding Citizen..bloody wet after the T-Bone steak scene!

2) Wet in real life (not that we got to see it) after rescuing the little boy from the river a few years ago (go Gerry!)

x

With all the new surfing pictures and whatever we get from the set during filming I think I'll be up to the task of creating a new Wet Gerry scrapbook for next year's convention. I mean who would complain about creating 24 (or more) 12x12 pages filled with images of Gerry in his various drenched states over the years? There are also those photo shoot pics from last year taken in the surf which did n't make it into the first version. Oh, the sacrifices I'm willing to make for charity!! LOL!!

Looking forward to that Ms Sporran!

:drool1::archie::coldshower: