Susan~Sporran

Another way to help The Shade Tree

9 posts in this topic

We got this request from "Cake Guy" (DeAndre) at The Shade Tree yesterday and wanted to get it out on GALS. It is a simple and inexpensive way to make a difference in the lives of the women and children who find comfort and care at The Shade Tree every day.

You 'liked' us on Facebook; we'd love your help to keep our women, children, and pets safe at The Shade Tree!

We are challenging you to help us raise more than $25,000!

We have set a goal to have a total of 5,000 people 'like' our Facebook page by September 23, 2011

and have each person who 'likes' us donate $5.00.

Here's how a $5 donation can help:

$5 buys a gallon of milk to help our children stay healthy

$5 buys two 24-hour bus passes to help our women seek employment

$5 buys 18 4oz. packages of applesauce; a nutritious snack

$5 buys a package of laundry detergent to keep our families' clothes clean and fresh

$5 buys 6 boxes of Kleenex to stop the sniffles in the winter time

Imagine what WE can do to ensure hope and break the cycle of domestic violence in our community.

Pass this message along to all of your Facebook friends and together, watch a little gift make a huge difference.

To make your contribution, go to The Shade Tree and click on the donate button.

Thank you for your support!

I'm on board and have posted to my FB page to spread the word! :pointy:

Cheryl

I'm on board and have posted to my FB page to spread the word! :pointy:

Cheryl

As did I. I donated to both TST and Noah's Animal House (very close to my heart). :wuv:

OK, made a donation.

I made donation from paypal...I didn't put any message on it so I hope Cake Man knows. Also how do you post to your facebook page?

Ginny, just copy and past this info into your status on FB and it will automatically work! Magic :pointy:

We got this request from "Cake Guy" (DeAndre) at The Shade Tree yesterday and wanted to get it out on GALS. It is a simple and inexpensive way to make a difference in the lives of the women and children who find comfort and care at The Shade Tree every day.

You 'liked' us on Facebook; we'd love your help to keep our women, children, and pets safe at The Shade Tree!

We are challenging you to help us raise more than $25,000!

We have set a goal to have a total of 5,000 people 'like' our Facebook page by September 23, 2011

and have each person who 'likes' us donate $5.00.

Here's how a $5 donation can help:

$5 buys a gallon of milk to help our children stay healthy

$5 buys two 24-hour bus passes to help our women seek employment

$5 buys 18 4oz. packages of applesauce; a nutritious snack

$5 buys a package of laundry detergent to keep our families' clothes clean and fresh

$5 buys 6 boxes of Kleenex to stop the sniffles in the winter time

Imagine what WE can do to ensure hope and break the cycle of domestic violence in our community.

Pass this message along to all of your Facebook friends and together, watch a little gift make a huge difference.

To make your contribution, go to The Shade Tree and click on the donate button.

Thank you for your support!

Done...this is a great idea...happy to help out!!