Gerard Butler GALS

Empire August 2010 - "Bard to the Bone"

becozy

It was only because I was in our local supermarket and browsing the magazine section that I saw the August issue and the article. I had no idea that anything on Coriolanus would be available yet - but I had to get it and let you guys know.

Love,

Leigh

I am confused by all of the bashing of The Bounty Hunter. It wasn't any more than it was promoted as being - and the fact that it brought in $136.3 million when costing $40 million to make puts it way ahead of other movies that bombed and cost studios a lot of money.

I really like Bounty Hunter. I have watched it several times. I do believe it shows better on the DVD than on the big screen at the theater. Seemed like at the theater, there was so much going on, it was hard to follow the storyline. I like the movie a lot.

BlueJean

I did not care for The Bounty Hunter at all, so that little caption in the picture made me laugh, I think Gerry is far too good an actor to be wasting his time on romantic comedies like The Bounty Hunter...JMO...

I did thoroughly enjoy reading this article, however, and I eagerly await to see Coriolanus...its about time he did a real meaty role, and to top it off its Shakespeare too.

I have to say that I have really enjoyed all of Gerry's movies. He brings

something wonderful to all of his characters, whether it is a funny character

like in TBH or a very serious character like LAC.. No matter what material he

chooses he gives it his all and makes it so entertaining.

I know some feel that Gerry is to talented to lend himself to movies like TBH,

but he makes his own decisions and I stand behind those decisions because

they are his. I don't know his logic behind his choices, maybe to lighten the

load a little, or to provide funding for a project like Coriolanus, he is brilliant

and talented and a very wise businessman, so who are we, his fans, to

disapprove of his life choices? I know I certainly am not intelligent enough to

challenge this brilliant man's choices. I have only to look at my choices in life

to know that he is far more intelligent than I am, he is a successful and wealthy

man, enjoying his life, and being admired by so many.

Maybe TBH isn't someone's favorite while it appeals to thousands of others who

need to escape the daily lifetime boredom into a cute little fantasy world for

a couple of hours. It must appeal to many since it earned over $136 million dollars

at the box office.

I have to admire Gerry for knowing how his fans think and what they enjoy. He gives

us all something to love at the theater. Not many actors take that chance with their

careers and try to please everyone, but then again, that is how type casting occurs,

so maybe Gerry is even smarter than I give him credit for.

I enjoy all of Gerry's movies because I know I will see a brilliant actor at his best in

every picture he makes, and I love all of his creations.

Everyone has their own likes and dislikes and are certainly entitled to voice their opinions

so I have voiced mine. Maybe I'm just easy to please when it comes to brilliant talent like

Gerard James Butler.

Love him absolutely,

Sandy

^^ Well said. I think the wide variety of his movies just goes to show how talented he really is. Sure, there are some that I'm not as fond of, but that's just my opinions and taste. He can't please everybody...and because he's in so many genres broadens his fan base, which means that there will be a lot of action fans unhappy with, say, his romantic comedies. That's just the reality of it, and the best thing to do is move on from such comments toward our favorite movie of his, whatever it might be. Everyone is certainly entitled to their opinion, and Gerry is more than entitled to his own decisions in regards to his career.

Didnt mean it too seriously GALS. I'm unfortunately one of the- bad boy movie- sort of girl. Gamer. LAC. Rock n Rolla. I dont really watch any rom coms, they're all the same to me. TBH was watchable but just not my cup of tea is all and it had a little extra bonus- Gerry. haha :)

xxStephaniexx

:kiss:

Edited by FluffyCloud

I really like Bounty Hunter. I have watched it several times. I do believe it shows better on the DVD than on the big screen at the theater. Seemed like at the theater, there was so much going on, it was hard to follow the storyline. I like the movie a lot.

BlueJean

I enjoyed The Bounty Hunter too. Who cares what critics say? It's only one person's opinion.

I agree with you saying that he's versatile and that just shows how talented he is. As for people criticizing some of his movies mostly the comedies that is because as much as Gerry tries to please everyone and not be defined and stuck into one genre, people subconsciously do that for him. By saying that I mean that people expect something else of him for example I have many guy friends who loved 300 and respected Gerry's work and they were expecting something else (kind of the same) after it not something like PS I love you or The ugly truth. However they loved him in Rocknrolla again or in Law Abiding Citizen. The point im trying to prove is that sometimes people get an image of an actor and remember him always in that way so it's weird for them seeing King Leonidas being an adorably cute guy writing sweet letters to his wife after death you know? Posted Image

Anyway, I love every movie of his and I'm very proud that he can pull off pretty much everything that he gets in hand and nail it.

• 2 weeks later...

i think that gbutt seems to be great in anything he turns his hands to, but the rom coms he does are usually, if you notice, after hes done a very demanding film just to lighten things up a bit. he did ps i love you after a very physically demanding 300 and mentally demanding boaw. he did the ugly truth after a demanding gamer, and tbh after another very demanding film with lac. also, he finished two very demanding films last year corolanius and machine gun preacher and then did a lighthearted playing the field, to unwind.

hes got to have a bit of fun as well as the hard working ones.

because he does so many different genres, i find it hard to pick a favourite. i can pick a favourite of each category, but i am still very partial to dear frankie and beowulf and grendel, but if i had to really pick one film as my best, which is remarkably hard, it would be tut, as that is my cup of tea. i couldnt believe some of the things that were said, but that was the whole point of it, and as long as you are very open minded and dont mind the really close to the mark talk you would enjoy it, but i wouldnt take my mother to it.

sue - londons bestest fan

I don't know, I took the video to a friend's house and showed it to her and her brother and sister-in-law,

who I thought might be offened, and told them so before we started the video, and they all rolled in

the floor. They watched it twice and laughed just as hard the second time through. I guess you just

have to have a real sense of what was going on to understand the character, and I was almost shocked

to wee that everyone I talked into watching it seemed to pick up on the character pretty early in the film.

It has been a big hit so far with everyone I know. TUT was just a little soul searching I guess.

I have pointed out and so has Gerry that he needs a light hearted movie sometimes between the more

serious minded. He takes his roles very seriously and feels the characters he creates, so he needs to

get away from that soul renching characterizations sometimes. I love his ability to balance his roles

and his creativity in all characters.

Love him absolutely,

Sandy

• 11 months later...

I enjoy watching the Bounty Hunter and especially like the white towel scene.

I love it when he goes to her apartment - dragging his feet on the carpet and sitting on the bed eating the tortillas and then wiping his face on the pillow. LOL