Gerard Butler GALS

7/7 - Oscar Update: Start Your Engines

Paisleyscot

And the Oscar buzz has started! Here's a nice "round-up" of some of the films being considered. I know we've heard of some of these, but it's nice to see some different opinions. Coriolanus is among the group. :)

Oscar Update: Start Your Engines, Release Dates are Set and the Flag has been Waved

The Weinsteins will release Ralph Fiennes' directorial debut, Coriolanus, on December 2. The updated adaptation of Shakespeare's tragedy features Fiennes in the title role alongside Gerard Butler, Brian Cox, Vanessa Redgrave, James Nesbitt and Jessica Chastain. It will be interesting to see what kind of directorial talent Fiennes may have been keeping from us all these years.

The Weinsteins have also picked up and will release W.E. the second directorial feature from Madonna starring Andrea Riseborough, Oscar Isaac, Abbie Cornish and James D'Arcy. The film will release one week after Coriolanus on December 9 and follows a dual storyline, one featuring Cornish as a modern woman obsessed with the Duke and Duchess of Windsor and another focusing on the royal couple itself. The film is expected to debut at the Venice Film Festival.

Entire article HERE

Very interesting article. I'm looking forward to seeing Coriolanus. I noticed they didn't mention Machine Gun Preacher. I understand that those who've seen MGP mentioned Gerry's performance as being Oscar-worthy.

Two non-Gerry movies mentioned in the article look interesting too. W. E., Madonna's film about the Windsors and Iron Lady, which stars Meryl Streep both look good.

Edited by Lady Elissa

It should be interesting to see how Coriolanus and Machine Gun Preacher fair come awards season....it would be fantastic to see them get nominated for the big awards, but I really do not want to jump the gun and get my hopes up for Gerry to get nominated because I have in the past and I ended up getting disappointed, so I am just going to wait and see what happens. This year, it seems like there is going to be a good bit of competition as there seems to be so many great films out now or coming out in the next couple of months.

I myself just saw Midnight in Paris yesterday....phenominal film, best Allen film in a very long time, and absolutely deserving of praise...could very well be one such film that's in the run for the big awards...it's that good.