Gerard Butler GALS

Ewww, Gerry is smoking again :(

stucknlandscater

I think, unfortunately, it's his own decision at the end of the day.

I think its a dirty habit also but then again I could be called a hypocrite because I myself had my own wee puff on the killing sticks. I only stopped really because I found I was pregnant. The second I found out I was going to be a Mummy I stopped- cold turkey.

Sometimes it takes impacts like that in your life to make you realize you're being a total idiot to make you stop!

xxStephaniexx

:kiss:

Oh man. He was doing so well not smoking. Stephanie's right it's his choice. Gerry can do whatever he wants and I'll still be a fan of his no matter what.

I was a bit disappointed to see that as well. If he DID pick it up again because of stress which he suppoedly said, I hope when the hubbub over Coriolanus & MGP goes past he will quit them again. I know I'm not the only one. We want our Gerry to be around for many years to come, and not just so he can still make us swoon 20 years from now either!

Posted Image

Paisley

:detect:I know; when I saw the photos it was a bit disappointing to me too but he is a grown man and knows the risks. My mom died of Lung cancer at the age of 66; I am now 61 and have never had a "bad" habit so don't know what it is. But many men and women usually start up again due to their friends and partner's who have the habit and makes it harder on the person who does not smoke to keep it up. He chose to quit after making PSILY and getting sick filming a movie where Madonna gave him a shot in the butt; so maybe it will take another scare before he quits again. He has lost a LOT of weight; but my sister smokes and is a BIG girl so....Love him no matter what and it is his life; we have no say in it nor should we Lol...Anyone tries to take away my little piece of chocolate from time to time and they might find them selves missing a finger... :cunning:

I was a bit disappointed to see that as well. If he DID pick it up again because of stress which he suppoedly said, I hope when the hubbub over Coriolanus & MGP goes past he will quit them again. I know I'm not the only one. We want our Gerry to be around for many years to come, and not just so he can still make us swoon 20 years from now either!

Posted Image

Paisley

If, in fact, he started again because of stress, I have to say that I completely understand -- BTDT. Quit smoking for 20 years and then started again 2 years and 11 months ago after going through a horrendous crisis.

Nicotine definitely has a calming affect and is also one of the absolute hardest addictions to overcome, harder even than heroin or crystal meth.

I completely sympathize with him.

I was disappointed at first also. But He must be going through some hard stuff, plus working too hard again. He does this, have you noticed? Goes through these periods where he just works and works, until he's exhausted? He's lost a lot of weight, between working out, and just working too hard.

I know how hard it is to give up an addiction. How hard one feels when you fall off the wagon, and how hard it is to get back on.

I hope that he will try and find some solitude, and peace once more so he will have the strength to quit again. (now if I only took my own advice.)

Well, I have low tolerance for smoking and usually I am turned off by men who smoke, but even so, let me tell you that he does it in an extremely sexy way, darn him. :-) He lit a cigarette right in front of my eyes in Ischia and smoke it for a short time before putting out and I thought he was gorgeous the way he was doing it. I cannot believe I would ever say that but it is true. That man can do nothing wrong.

Having said that, it is a dangerous habit so I hope he gives it up soon enough.

As for the reason he started smoking again being stress, he did say it but in a jokingly manner, so I really don't know how much truth there was in that. He was going to have a photo taken with a fan and pointed out that he was smoking so he put out the cigarette. We were all laughing at that, Gerry included, and we told him that he needn't smoke to fight stress, he should come to Greece and we will feed him some proper food. :-)

Edited by terezoulini

T'awe. Ah well, can't be nitty gritty picky choosers. I'm allergic to cigarette smoke really. It's the asthma that does that talk. I've smoked for two years then, my body decided it wasn't right for me so i had plenty of asthma attacks. I can't do it. Everytime someone pulls through drive through at work and smokes, i instantly stop breathing until they leave. Yes, most times i do actually pass out (sadly.) Just thinking of it makes me not wanna breathe.

Silver.

Well, I have low tolerance for smoking and usually I am turned off by men who smoke, but even so, let me tell you that he does it in an extremely sexy way, darn him. :-) He lit a cigarette right in front of my eyes in Ischia and smoke it for a short time before putting out and I thought he was gorgeous the way he was doing it. I cannot believe I would ever say that but it is true. That man can do nothing wrong.

Having said that, it is a dangerous habit so I hope he gives it up soon enough.

As for the reason he started smoking again being stress, he did say it but in a jokingly manner, so I really don't know how much truth there was in that. He was going to have a photo taken with a fan and pointed out that he was smoking so he put out the cigarette. We were all laughing at that, Gerry included, and we told him that he needn't smoke to fight stress, he should come to Greece and we will feed him some proper food. :-)

Awwwww, he put it out?? Thats so sweet! haha.

xxStephaniexx

:kiss:

Where are these recent photos of Gerry smoking? I didnt see any of them.

Also where did he talk about it being because of stress?

I must have missed all of this,

Cheers,

Mirin

:doh:I saw the photos on another fan site and yes was a bit down;but hey; we can no more protect him from bad habits than from ardent fans. He is who he is;there are no options to "change" his ways no more than he has to change "our" ways..."Live and let live"; is my motto so...still love him and his movies. My daughter quit for many years; then took up the nasty habit again along with her two daughters...Neither I nor my husband have EVER smoked so even though it is hard for us to see this...it is NOT our life! We have an air exchanger in our house and I work-out on my treadmill upstairs while my husband uses his bike in the basement (during winter months then in summer he rides outside)...life is a journey..each of us has our path to follow...We come into the world "alone" and leave it (usually) alone too. Such is life...sigh Edited by may