Gerard Butler GALS

GALS Charitable Foundation announces amount raised

On behalf of GALS Charitable Foundation, its officers and volunteers, I am absolutely thrilled to announce the final proceeds from the funds raised during the 6th Annual Gerard Butler Fan Convention and Charity Gala in Las Vegas, Nevada.

$10,683

$1,500 of which goes to Angels of East Africa

the remaining $9,183 to The Shade Tree

THANK YOU, all of you, from the bottom of our hearts for your extremely generous contributions!

Our attendance numbers may have been fewer this year, but the generosity of our membership remains strong!!

Thank you, thank you, so very much!

THANK YOU, all of you, from the bottom of our hearts for your extremely generous contributions!

Our attendance numbers may have been fewer this year, but the generosity of our membership remains strong!!

Effin-A, Cotton!! Effin. A!

THANKS ATTENDEES!! :yourock:

Wonderful. Next year even better....I hope.....

I agree, Giny! The money is certainly going to two very worthy causes. I only wish I could have done more! Saving pennies for next time! :)

Wow, very cool!! Never underestimate the power of a GAL, EH? Especially a multitude of them, working in unison for some great causes :D Great job LADIES!!!!

A huge :ty: to every single person who helped make it happen. Whether you contributed financially, emotionally, personally or virtually, it all helps make a difference in the lives of the women, children and pets at The Shade Tree!!

:bow2::goodjob::wow2::pug: (Lolita thanks you on behalf of the residents at Noah's)!

Considering the lower attendance this year, that is wonderful news! WTG, GALS. Next year, let's blow the roof off the place!!! Let 'em know GALS has arrived and we are ready to make the Shade Tree smile.

Suzie

I've already started working on finances so I can make the trip again and enjoy the company of all the gals, visit Shade Tree again and bring things to be auctioned. GB Gals will always be my yearly reunion. I could not have grown up with or known all the wonderful women who come together from all over the world because of their love for Gerard Butler. Through the mods and admins and Dayna we are not just another Fan convention for a movie star. We make a difference and help people. Giny

I've already started working on finances so I can make the trip again and enjoy the company of all the gals, visit Shade Tree again and bring things to be auctioned. GB Gals will always be my yearly reunion. I could not have grown up with or known all the wonderful women who come together from all over the world because of their love for Gerard Butler. Through the mods and admins and Dayna we are not just another Fan convention for a movie star. We make a difference and help people. Giny

Well said, Giny! Posted ImageRaising my glass, HERE HERE! Posted ImagePosted Image

On behalf of GALS Charitable Foundation, its officers and volunteers, I am absolutely thrilled to announce the final proceeds from the funds raised during the 6th Annual Gerard Butler Fan Convention and Charity Gala in Las Vegas, Nevada.

$10,683

$1,500 of which goes to Angels of East Africa

the remaining $9,183 to The Shade Tree

CONGRATULATIONS TO EVERYONE!!!! :pointy:

Hello GALS everywhere! The check from the convention arrived in the mail today! Your help is ensuring that women, children, and their pets are safe and on a healing journey. Since GALS found The Shade Tree and began supporting our work, more than 10,000 women and children have arrived searching for hope and help. More than 67% of the 309 in shelter today are there because of domestic violence. It is impossible to do this work alone. Thank you to every single person that contributed to The Shade Tree. Your support, friendship, compassion, volunteer work, and synergy lift up everyone in the shelter~ guests, volunteers, and staff. We love you all and send hugs, smiles, and joy to all the GALS!

Marlene

Thank YOU, Marlene!!

Hello GALS everywhere! The check from the convention arrived in the mail today! Your help is ensuring that women, children, and their pets are safe and on a healing journey. Since GALS found The Shade Tree and began supporting our work, more than 10,000 women and children have arrived searching for hope and help. More than 67% of the 309 in shelter today are there because of domestic violence. It is impossible to do this work alone. Thank you to every single person that contributed to The Shade Tree. Your support, friendship, compassion, volunteer work, and synergy lift up everyone in the shelter~ guests, volunteers, and staff. We love you all and send hugs, smiles, and joy to all the GALS!

Marlene

In addition to Marlene's eloquent heartfelt words above, GCF received a lovely card from The Shade Tree thanking their "gals" and I scanned it for all to see.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b152/Songbird1226/Charity/ThankyoufromTheShadeTree-July2011.jpg

:hmm: Has it been so long since I posted a thumbnail that I don't know how anymore? :flee:

I was trying to follow the photobucket codes to get the thumbnail, but it didn't work.

The above is at least an image I hope you can click on to see. :wall::sad:

• 2 weeks later...