Gerard Butler GALS

7/26 - 2011 Toronto Film Festival has unveiled the first part of the festival slate

becozy

Yes, indeed, becozy. I just came from the TIFF Press Conference and was absolutely THRILLED TO BITS that BOTH "Coriolanus" and "Machine Gun Preacher" will be screened at this year's Festival! :tantrum: I was totally beside myself when Cameron and Piers made the announcement! Woot! Woot! I can hardly stand it! Gerry will be here, in Toronto! :yummy: For those of you planning to come here, let's keep in touch and make a point to MEET UP, okay? I have a studio apartment so if you don't mind sleeping on the floor (or we can get air mattresses), you're more than welcome to stay with me. I live 30 minutes away from the all the TIFF activity. Unfortunately, the exact dates and times won't be released until about mid August as not all the films have been selected as of today. Stay tuned, gals! :partytime:

My link

I will be there for sure Pat. I am only coming in from Hamilton ON and have been waiting years for Gerry to come back to TIFF so that I can now hopefully see him in the flesh !!

Hey Stuart. This will be a good opportunity for us to finally meet, eh? I would like to talk with you beforehand about a project a good friend and I are working on, and I'd like your input. When are you in Toronto again, with some extra time to spare?

I will be there for sure Pat. I am only coming in from Hamilton ON and have been waiting years for Gerry to come back to TIFF so that I can now hopefully see him in the flesh !!

omg, i know gbutts had his films at the tiff before, but two at the same time. way to go gerry thats fantastic. i was hoping he might have been coming to london to premiere these two films as well, or at least one of them, like he has for the past four years running. i think it might be next year, as they dont come out in the uk until then, so i will have to hold on a bit longer to meet him again. i am having withdrawal symptoms as i have met gbutt since 2007, every year except this year, for 300, rocknrolla, the ugly truth and the bounty hunter, and have got autograph and birthday kiss, a hug and i kissed him, spoke to him for a little bit and got a photo with him respectively.

sue - londons best fan

:bonk: Leave it to Toronto; to recognize talent when they see it Lol..I will be watching television to see if he attends in person. Toronto is a 5 hour drive away; so I will watch it on the tele...

Yes, indeed, becozy. I just came from the TIFF Press Conference and was absolutely THRILLED TO BITS that BOTH "Coriolanus" and "Machine Gun Preacher" will be screened at this year's Festival! :tantrum: I was totally beside myself when Cameron and Piers made the announcement! Woot! Woot! I can hardly stand it! Gerry will be here, in Toronto! :yummy: For those of you planning to come here, let's keep in touch and make a point to MEET UP, okay? I have a studio apartment so if you don't mind sleeping on the floor (or we can get air mattresses), you're more than welcome to stay with me. I live 30 minutes away from the all the TIFF activity. Unfortunately, the exact dates and times won't be released until about mid August as not all the films have been selected as of today. Stay tuned, gals! :partytime:

My link

*sob* I'll most likely be in college then....but who knows...maybe I'll see him when a small group from said college goes to NYC. i hope i hope i hope.

Sue MGP is now out in UK in November if I recall rightly. Coriolanus isn't until 20 Jan. It would not surprise me with Gerry producing MGP if they decide on Glasgow again.

If thats true then I'm going!

Now THAT'S the premiere I want attend!:pointy:

I´m in a state of shock to know that both "Coriolanus" and "MGP" are in the Toronto I.F.F. 2011!

It´s POWER OVERLOADED for Gerard Butler´s career!

OH-MY-GOD !

Thanks so much for sharing this GALS!

Hi Moira,

Glasgow would be a great choice, we will just have to be patient and wait and see!

I was a bit worried when I read somewhere that MGP was only being released in New York and Los Angeles screens with a limited roll out from there, as I was afraid I wouldnt get the chance to see it on the big screen.

Roll on November!

Cheers,

Mirin

:music:

Hello!

That's great!!!! I watched the entertainment tv show: "Etalk" last night and they talked a bit about "TIFF", they announced a few names of stars expected to attend and they mentioned Gerard!!!!! "Entertainment Tonight Canada" and "Etalk" usually do a great coverage of "TIFF"!!!! I wish I could go!!!!

Josée

Mirin it's quite common for independent films to be released on limited release to get buzz going before going on wide release. I'm thrilled both at TIFF, more so Coriolanus as I think it needs a big push. What better platform to showcase and get Pre award buzz than at one of the best most prominent festivals

Moira

I hope you do Stuart. You so deserve it! :-))

Good for you, Stuart! Glad you can make it! I for one would go if I had a bottomless wallet. Alas, that is not the case. So, until that "ship" comes in, I must limit my travel to GALS in Vegas!

Suzie

HEY PATTHEGERRYKAT!

I was soooo excited when I saw the news a few days ago. FINALLY! I've been waiting to see trailers of Maching Gun Preacher in the theaters; but, now I understand why they haven't showed it yet.

When I saw your post, it got me excited about maybe trying to get a chance to see world premiers of both of Gerry's movies. The last time I got that chance was when I went to the Vancouver film festival back in October of 2005 to see Beowulf. I hadn't been to Canada, well, since I was a little kid; so, I got the crazy idea to order 2 tickets and just get on the 'original' website for Gerry and asked if anyone would go with me. I went with a lady from the 'Bay Area', San Francisco, California. It was soooo much fun to finally see another Gerry movie after Phantom. I met some fun and very nice people from Canada and Washington state.

Then, some Canadians I met started planning a get-together for the nationwide opening of Beowulf in Canada in March. I helped with the planning and again found some wonderful people to drive up to Vancouver for the opening. Then something very wonderful and unexpected happened that weekend that none of us predicted. I don't want to get long winded; but, I think you'll get the idea from my siggy.

Anyway, I miss those fun adventures. We all go our seperate ways sometimes, although I've tried to stay in contact. In 2007 I went to Scotland for the other website's convention in Glasgow. I've always wanted to go anyway because Scotland is part of my heritage.

So, I would love to talk to you about possibilities of seeing a screening (or maybe premiers?) of both movies in Toronto. Besides, I've never been there and I already think your country is beautiful and you're such nice people.

I'm from Bend, Oregon (middle of the state); so, it would probably be a long and costly flight. I've tried to check out ticket prices. I have a lot going in my life that I have to consider too. But, hopefully, I can talk to you about it all.

Could you pm me? Hopefully, you could give me advice ie places to stay, etc.

I'ld love to meet more Gerry Lovers and get together for a fun time

Hopefully, I'll hear from you soon?!

Robin Iris

Luv Ya Gerry :wuv:

Edited by Robin Iris