Gerard Butler GALS

8/8 - Gerard Signs Up for Celtic Charity Match Tomorrow

FluffyCloud

http://www.celticfc....story?item=1382

GERARD Butler is swapping the bright lights of Hollywood for the floodlights of Paradise to take part in the Legends game at Celtic Park tomorrow night (Tuesday, August 9).

The actor and Celtic fan will pull on the Hoops for the game against Manchester United, which will raise money for Oxfam's East Africa Famine Appeal.

Gerard, who was born in Paisley, has starred in a number of films, including PS I Love You, 300, The Ugly Truth and The Bounty Hunter.

And he's delighted at getting the opportunity to play at Celtic Park and helping such a worthwhile cause.

Tickets for the Legends game between Celtic and Manchester United at Celtic Park on Tuesday, August 9 are on general sale priced £10 Adult and £5 Concession. Click HERE to purchase tickets online, call 0871 226 1888* or by visit the Celtic Ticket Office.

Tickets are also available in the following Celtic retail outlets: Argyle Street, Sauchiehall Street, Clydebank, Coatbridge, Edinburgh, East Kilbride, Celtic Superstore

It looks like Gerry has signed up for the match after all! Posted Image So gutted I wont be able to make it now, I JUST sold my tickets!

If anyones going I'd love to see some pictures. For everyone who has itv4 the match will be showing live tomorrow.

xxStephaniexx

Posted Image

Didn't know where to post this.......

It looks like Gerry has signed up for the match after all! :) So gutted I wont be able to make it now, I JUST sold my tickets!

If anyones going I'd love to see some pictures. For everyone who has itv4 the match will be showing live tomorrow.

GERARD Butler is swapping the bright lights of Hollywood for the floodlights of Paradise to take part in the Legends game at Celtic Park tomorrow night (Tuesday, August 9).

The actor and Celtic fan will pull on the Hoops for the game against Manchester United, which will raise money for Oxfam's East Africa Famine Appeal.

Gerard, who was born in Paisley, has starred in a number of films, including PS I Love You, 300, The Ugly Truth and The Bounty Hunter.

And he's delighted at getting the opportunity to play at Celtic Park and helping such a worthwhile cause.

Tickets for the Legends game between Celtic and Manchester United at Celtic Park on Tuesday, August 9 are on general sale priced £10 Adult and £5 Concession. Click HERE to purchase tickets online, call 0871 226 1888* or by visit the Celtic Ticket Office.

Tickets are also available in the following Celtic retail outlets: Argyle Street, Sauchiehall Street, Clydebank, Coatbridge, Edinburgh, East Kilbride, Celtic Superstore

xxStephaniexx

:kiss:

Woohoo!

Well at least he has a nice David Beckham figure to show off now!

The downside is it's more trans-Atlantic travelling again, but maybe he can spend a bit more time with his folks this time :)

That's exciting news! So sorry you had to sell your tickets but at least you can watch it on TV.

I think the man is up in the air more then he's on Earth! Good for him to sign up for a worthy cause!

Delene

Didn't know where to post this.......

It looks like Gerry has signed up for the match after all! :) So gutted I wont be able to make it now, I JUST sold my tickets!

__

sue - gbutts greatest london fan

ive just phoned my gerry friend in brighton, england to tell her the great news that gbutt is going to be playing in the match tomorrow night and it is on sky at 7.00 pm our time. she didnt know and i always keep her up to date with gbutt stuff. we would love to go but it means a flight to get there and its very short notice. gbutt hasnt long been over this side of the pond, and to have to come all the way back again. it is for a very good cause though and he can go and visit his family and friends in scotland while he is here. he has a busy few months coming up soon as he has his two films at tiff in september and he starts his new film, maverick, as well, not to miss out on his three new films of last years also.

way to go gbutt, and way to go celtic. have a great evening gerry as i know it must be a great honour to play for celtic as its been your team since you were a young lad. nowGerard, who was born in Paisley, has starred in a number of films, including PS I Love You, 300, The Ugly Truth and The Bounty Hunter.

xxStephaniexx

Woohoo!

Well at least he has a nice David Beckham figure to show off now!

The downside is it's more trans-Atlantic travelling again, but maybe he can spend a bit more time with his folks this time :)

If I have my info correctly, those inside UK can watch on ITV - http://www.itv.com/itv4/

UK Listing: Celtic Legends v Manchester United will be broadcast live on ITV4 from 7pm on Tuesday 9 August

Celtic v Manchester United: The Legends Live

Angus Scott presents live coverage from Parkhead as former Celtic heroes Henrik Larsson and Pierre van Hooijdonk return to Glasgow to join the current boss Neil Lennon to take on a team of Manchester United legends. Lou Macari who played for both teams during his career provides analysis with commentary from Steve Bower. SUBTomorrow on ITV4 from 7:00pm to 10:00pmAlso: at least one repeat.Celtic v Manchester United: The Legends Live on ITV.com

It looks as though the 'streams' are restricted to UK, though.

If anyone has info, please feel free to post or PM me so I may add to Global Messages! :ty:

Is there a post someplace about what network/time in the USA?

BlueJean

I haven't found anything yet, and have to go out for family errands - so I'll be unable to 'search' until later today.

If anyone finds info please post here and then PM me so I may add it to the Global Message & Calendar (up on top of Forum) so all may be aware...thanks! :D

According to my listings magazine the programme starts at 7pm UK time and ends at 10pm UK time.

The actual match kick off is at 7.45pm ... so I'm thinking that the first 45 mins. of the broadcast might be devoted to interviewing some of the players and celebrities taking part, as well as giving details of the charities to benefit.

I shall be watching from 7pm.

Posted Image OMG! GERRY is in GLASGOW tomorrow night!! Two weeks ago I was in Scotland.......if like me you can't go, it's on ITV4 at 7pm!!!! Posted Image

I feel your pain, I was in Glasgow two weeks ago too! And I'm going back in December I'll expect he'll arrive three weeks after I leave... write it in your calenders! hehe.

xxStephaniexx

Posted Image I don't know if this is any help or not...I just did a category search and a keyboard search on my guide(I have Time Warner Cable)...I saw a couple Manchester United games mentioned but nothing about the Celtics. Some of the teams were 'TBA', so I don't know if I completely passed over it or wasn't looking for the right thing or what...but if anyone else wants to check on their guides, maybe they'll have better luck?

I´m amazed by how you GALS research on "the subject" (Gerard Butler), and how fast you announce stuff to share with us all here.

It´s also great to know I´ll never again be lost in a limb, where I was years before, in what concerns Gerard Butler´s live participations in events worldwide... If there´s enough money in one´s pocket, there´s even time left to get to the place where "the hero" will show up. You are the best source ever!

Thank you GALS!!

Edited by Karin*

A few of tonights football (soccer!) games in England have been cancelled due to the serious rioting and it being a drain on our officer resources, but hopefully it won't affect games in Scotland.

Should be an interesting day at work today!

THIS IS SPARTA!!!

:leo2:

Remember the Time Difference if you live outside the UK and try to find a live stream - World Time Clock

For example, it starts at 2PM US Eastern Time

If I have my info correctly, those inside UK can watch on ITV - http://www.itv.com/itv4/

UK Listing: Celtic Legends v Manchester United will be broadcast live on ITV4 from 7pm on Tuesday 9 August

Celtic v Manchester United: The Legends Live

Angus Scott presents live coverage from Parkhead as former Celtic heroes Henrik Larsson and Pierre van Hooijdonk return to Glasgow to join the current boss Neil Lennon to take on a team of Manchester United legends. Lou Macari who played for both teams during his career provides analysis with commentary from Steve Bower. SUB Tomorrow on ITV4 from 7:00pm to 10:00pm

Also: at least one repeat. Celtic v Manchester United: The Legends Live on ITV.com

It looks as though the 'streams' are restricted to UK, though.

We tried to find links for streams if ITV4 doesn't stream. You can try:

Scotsmanstuart advises:

Two Justin TV Channels advertising they will show the game tonight:

I would warn people that the streaming will likely buffer a lot and might need to be restarted. However considering the video will be coming from Scotland anything is better than nothing right?

If anyone has info, please feel free to post or PM me so I may add to Global Messages! :ty:

this info is listed in the Calendar listing link which is also in Global Message at top of Forum: 8/9 UK-Gerry joins Celtic Legends v Manchester United Legends

I've been watching http://www.vipbox.tv...40/1/itv-4.html all morning without incident. Just 30 mins from showtime!

Also, here's another article that posted today:

http://www.dailyreco...86908-23330861/

"A source said: 'Gerard didn't have to be asked twice. You can imagine how excited he is about the prospect of running out on to the pitch for the team he has supported all his life.'"

*sniff* That's so PRECHOUS! LOL

Also, here's some interesting history on the match:

Celtic FC Legends v. Man U

[Gerry looks great! He's #23

Im trying to record on my desktop computer,

and I can't get screen caps using the borrowed laptop from which I'm posting...

will try to grab some another way, but if anyone has screen caps or pics please add here!

Trying my hardest to get the best pics, my laptop has to slow down today doesn't it!

Hope the pics are enough for u ladies....

I'll be honest I don't mind snapping away at watching his gorgeously long legs run around that pitch.:drool1::drool1: Wowza"!

xxStephaniexx