Gerard Butler GALS
framolamdu

8/16 - Machine Gun Preacher World Premiere-GALA 9/11 at TIFF

It has been confirmed by Zac Simpson that MGP will premiere in Toronto at TIFF on Sunday 9/11

Machine Gun Preacher WORLD PREMIERE at the Toronto Film Festival on Sunday, Sept 11th. Opens in NY and LA Sept 23 and wider markets Sept 30

and it will now be a GALA

Edited by becozy
also announced earlier, as a GALA

:woohoo: So great for Gerry! I wish I could go. I'm really so very proud of him, and I can't wait to hear how much the critics love it.

Thanks for the info, Moira. :wave:

Lisa

:woohoo: So great for Gerry! I wish I could go. I'm really so very proud of him, and I can't wait to hear how much the critics love it.

Lisa

sue - greatest london fan

do we know if he is coming to london for a premiere for coronolanus or machine gun preacher at all, and also when you say machine gun preacher will show more 30 september, does that include uk, or will we have to wait until next year.

its been ages since he came over here for a premiere, march 2010, and his last film was how to train your dragon, also 2010. we want more of gbutt please

Lisa

do we know if he is coming to london for a premiere for coronolanus or machine gun preacher at all, and also when you say machine gun preacher will show more 30 september, does that include uk, or will we have to wait until next year.

its been ages since he came over here for a premiere, march 2010, and his last film was how to train your dragon, also 2010. we want more of gbutt please

This is such great news!!

I'm so excited for Gerry. Thanks Moira for the information, You Rock!

:pointy::kiss::wave::pointy:

It has been confirmed by Zac Simpson that MGP will premiere in Toronto at TIFF on Sunday 9/11

Machine Gun Preacher WORLD PREMIERE at the Toronto Film Festival on Sunday, Sept 11th. Opens in NY and LA Sept 23 and wider markets Sept 30

Gonna book my seat on Acela from DC to NY today. Not missing this one for love or money...

MGP has now become a Gala Presentation...it was a special presentation before!!!!!Posted Image

Posted Image

Does anyone know if there will be a red carpet event in NYC???

From everything I've heard through the grapevine, there won't be ANY red carpet premiere either in LA or NYC. Again, this is heresay from people who know people type thing. From what I've been able to figure out, TIFF is THE event - the world premiere.

I hope beyond hope this is incorrect, though. I think MGP deserves to have a huge US premiere in both Los Angeles and New York, so let's just all keep our fingers crossed. :)

Lisa

OH NO!! They are treating this like Beowulf! MGP needs a Premiere in LA or NY. This does not bode well for a big distribution in the states. I know Coriolanus won't so that means some of us may miss both movies in the theater. I'm worrying here!!!

~HUGS~ Kathy

OH NO!! They are treating this like Beowulf! MGP needs a Premiere in LA or NY. This does not bode well for a big distribution in the states. I know Coriolanus won't so that means some of us may miss both movies in the theater. I'm worrying here!!!

~HUGS~ Kathy

Don't get upset over something I've heard. I'm just sharing what I've "heard". Doesn't mean anything.

~HUGS~ Kathy

Don't get upset over something I've heard. I'm just sharing what I've "heard". Doesn't mean anything.

I know! I just want MGP to get the treatment it deserves. We have waited SO long for this movie and I hope they don't cut it off to some of the states. I can see why they want to play it up for TIFF. That's good!

~HUGS~ Kathy

MGP has now become a Gala Presentation...it was a special presentation before!!!!!Posted Image

Posted Image

What does a "Gala Presentation" mean?

Well, in Brazil we understand "Gala" as a private red-tie event. But all red carpet premieres are kind of "Gala", though.

Still don´t get it...

Thanks Lisa for sharing all the stuff you are hearing on the grapevine

Lisa

It's been ages since he's had a premiere period! As you said, the last was HTTYD in March 2010. It's not just London that's missing Gerry! :kisswink:

Steph

Lisa

Hi Lisa, Pheonixgirl

I agree I hope the critics are kind to Gerry. My family and I have been looking at all his old movies and I have been communicating with a friend by e mail. She comes in here but has not joined. IRISH was kind enough a while ago to help me place my avatar and siggie in for me. I don't know if she still comes in here. Your name sounds familiar and I too wish Gerry Butler all the luck in the world. I think I have watched HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON at least a dozen times, just listening to his voice and my hubby and I love UGLY TRUTH as you can see from my avatar and siggie. I have been treating for a while and forgot my user name and password and a lovely lady named Barbara Picoxxi/Becozy sent me an answer how to get back in. The only problem is it is a temporay password...I will read her note again and look at the front page and see if it tells me how to change from temporary to permanent password. I recognize your name and see you are also from California...I am from Chula Vista, CA not to far from San Diego, CA...I did see Gerry B. in person when he came to San Diego, CA...that year. My son is an artist and animator and one of the animations he worked on was SPIRIT: Stallion of the Cimarron...I just saw them a few weeks ago on HBO....anyway, of lately that seems the only way any of his fans can keep connected with him.

I am on facebook.com under Donna J. Montalbano and he is on their as Gary Montalbano...I hope you can help me to get into the right place before my temporary password expires...I am not sure how long they last. She just sent me the e mail on August l6, 2011....If you don't go on facebook.com then perhaps I can come back into this Forum with my temporary password and find out how to do it..excuse this chemo brain...I pray this will end soon. Good luck to you and the rest of the great ladies of Gerardbutlergals.com

Sorry Phoenixgirl (Lisa) I missed spelled Barbara Picozzi/Becory incorrectly. Tried to go into edit and just couldn't make the change. Anyway, sorry about that...the best wishes for Gerry B. and his new movie or anything he get's into we will watch for.

Donna Jean or Bonnie Donna Jean

Hey Donna Jean! Yes, Irish (Sue) is still here - she's a Mod now. Sure I'll find you on FB. :) We can talk more there. :)

:hugs:

Lisa

Sorry Phoenixgirl (Lisa) I missed spelled Barbara Picozzi/Becory incorrectly. Tried to go into edit and just couldn't make the change. Anyway, sorry about that...the best wishes for Gerry B. and his new movie or anything he get's into we will watch for.

Donna Jean or Bonnie Donna Jean

Hello DonnaJean..I am from Chula Vista as well..way back in the day when it was a small town with only one high school, CVHS! Raised my kids in Bonita...now live in San Diego. Not too many of us on this site I suppose!

I first saw Gerard at ComicCon for 300. It was easy to do back then..not so when I saw him again for RocknRolla..it was an all day affair ...but worth it. Don't suppose I'll ever see him in person again, darn! I may have to drive to LA for Machine Gun Preacher and/or Coriolanus...like I did for Beowulf...but what the heck? I think this will be a good movie...hoping for the best for him!!

Hope for the best for you

Donna

I'm so freaking proud of him! If I could make it to Toronto I would so go. But w/my schedule such is not the case. I hope it's received well. So proud of him.

Cassie

...I have been treating for a while and forgot my user name and password and a lovely lady named Barbara Picoxxi/Becozy sent me an answer how to get back in. The only problem is it is a temporay password...I will read her note again and look at the front page and see if it tells me how to change from temporary to permanent password.

:wave: Hey Donna Jean! I sent you an email back with info and a link to the tutorial on How To: Passord to reset or change.

Don't worry, though, the temporary one I issued won't 'expire' . You may use it for as long as you'd like. :D

And thanks for calling me a 'lovely lady' that is so sweet! If you have any other questions or problems please always feel free to email and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Hi Barbara, lovely lady...my problem was my hubby's computer went dead too and he took it in so No computer at all for several days. I followed exactly what you said for the temporary intrance and enjoyed writing a few entries. Today again, I am using the temporary password you gave me. FOR THE LIFE of me, I can't find the place to go into to change from temporary password (which you so kindly gave me) to permanent password.

I looked all over and saw just about everything but where to go to change from temp. password to permanent. My goofy brain couldn't find anything. i must be doing something wrong in trying to find the right place to change from Temp password to permanent password. I am soooo happy that I can use the temp. password that is how I was able to write in a few comments and get in here today. Hubby's computer working again. Got it fixed...My computer went dead several months ago and we have a list of many things to get, and told hubby my new computer will be absolutely last on the list, since other goodies are much more important. My hubby teaches, so I am able to use his when he is not using it...and as I mentioned, he he he, it now is fixed...felt so lost without any computers. I guess we have gotten used to all this technology and don't want to be without it. Thanks again...I thank you so much for the temporary password and will use it until I can get it in my brain how to get to the temp password place on GALS...Donna Jean tell Irish I love love love her avatars and siggie that she made for me a while ago...love that movie Ugly Truth and so does my hubby George.

Hey Donna Jean! Yes, Irish (Sue) is still here - she's a Mod now. Sure I'll find you on FB. :) We can talk more there. :)

:hugs:

Lisa

[/quote

Dear Lisa,

You are communicating with someone who has been doing CHEMO for the last 4 and half years, and my poor old brain has gone goofy. What is FB?

Becozy was kind enough to give me the three steps to change my temp. password to permanent password..since we had our computer fixed, none of our computers will print anything out in Gerardbutlergals.com or gerardbutler.net...maybe my son can help me tonight with the printing out. I like to do that, because it is easier for me to read it when I print it out. Anyway, I copied what Barbara(Becozy) sent me for changing temp password to permanent..

She said go to:

1. Profile area

click down arrow and choose my settings

2. In your options click change password

3. Fill in all required information and submit and your all set

My problem is how the heck do I get to this Profile area, I can't find anything like that in any of the heads...

I am using temp password and she told me not to worry, I can use it for a long time,

but my poor brain can't find this PROFILE Area so that I can click down arrow and choose my settings...then go on to no. 2 and 3. I know it can't be this hard to find, but I don't seem to be able to find it and I am embarrassed to ask her again...What am I missing...what heading do I go into to get to this PROFILE area??? This chemo nonsense is really making me feel stupid...don't mind me, I get impatient with myself when something is not right on top of me...my e mail if you would rather is GDMontalban@cox.net that at least I still am able to figure out. Thanks so much for being so nice. all of you are so patient with me...when I come into Gerardbutlergals.com where do I go to get to this Profile area??? I don't see anything like it...My hubby has eye surgery tomorrow so after we return, I will come in again and look for either an e mail or go into GerardButlergals.com..thanks again all of you for being so patient...Irish is the nice lady who a while ago did my avartars and siggie. I don't know how to do those either. i guess if I had instruction step by step I might be able to..he he he...who am I kidding. also tonight I will ask my son why I can't print anything on our printers since this guy fixed our computers. I am able to print my e mail but for some reason not your site and the other site wont allow me to print anything. I need to see things printed out in order to understand them...I wrote down those instructions from Bocozy Barbara, but could not find Profile area to start them.

hugs, Donna Jean I'am a scorpio and no matter how stupid I think I am, I still keep trying to learn...I am not giving up..thanks DJ