Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
givemeabeach

Chat problem

Hi There,

Last night when I clicked on pictures, links, etc. I could not get them to open up for me. The Gals were kind enough to show me how to copy and paste from the text window, so I Thank you, GALs.

Is there a reason why this happened? Is there something, on my end, that I can do to prevent the problem? A setting or option which I can fix?

I never had the problem before, so I'm hoping it will not occur again, but *shrugs shoulders* if it does it would be nice to be able to fix it. Copying and pasting slows everything down, and it hard enough to keep up with the conversation(s), *I stress the plural, here* and it is not like I'm fast anyway. However, I do believe I'm getting better at chatting.

Any help or information will be greatly appreciated. Thank you Admin/Mods!

Linda a.k.a. Beaches

P.S. I tried to post this under Chat Info, but I got three error messages, so I'm assuming this is the right place to post a chat problem.

Edited by givemeabeach

Hi There,

Last night when I clicked on pictures, links, etc. I could not get them to open up for me. The Gals were kind enough to show me how to copy and paste from the text window, so I Thank you, GALs.

Is there a reason why this happened? Is there something, on my end, that I can do to prevent the problem? A setting or option which I can fix?

I never had the problem before, so I'm hoping it will not occur again, but *shrugs shoulders* if it does it would be nice to be able to fix it. Copying and pasting slows everything down, and it hard enough to keep up with the conversation(s), *I stress the plural, here* and it is not like I'm fast anyway. However, I do believe I'm getting better at chatting.

Any help or information will be greatly appreciated. Thank you Admin/Mods!

Linda a.k.a. Beaches

P.S. I tried to post this under Chat Info, but I got three error messages, so I'm assuming this is the right place to post a chat problem.

I was having the same problem too. I hope there is an easier solution than cut and paste. That was taking me way too long.

Although, I have to admit, I was having fun trying to guess which picture was being posted! :cunning:

Beachie...you had some work done on your computer...

Do you allow cookies? New firewall/security? I know I have to "train" the ZoneAlarm firewall and Microsoft AntiSpyware if I update/reinstall, to allow 'favorite' and 'trusted' sites. . And when I installed new NAV it was quite interesting...6 hours to run complete scan and a few days to 'train' it for 'trusted' sites.

If you had security upgraded or installed with your 'repairs', perhaps that is where the 'glich' is coming from

Also, in Firefox I have Script-blocker, and manually allow Script to run on a per-visit basis for infrequent site visits, or for favorites like GALS and American Greetings, I give permission by including them on my 'list'.

I'll bring this to Dr.Em and Stef's attention; I believe it ties in with the problems Swansong posted on her 'Board Demons' thread.

Thanks for your patience with this!

Hugs,

Barb

Oh this is Great information, Barb. Yes we did have to reinstall my firewall to clear up the internet accessing problem, and now I can start checking out my firewall and internet securities to see if I can get them working with my favorite sites--specifically GALS.

:cool: TY,

Linda

Hey, Linda!

Hope something I mentioned helps!

It did for me!

Hugs,

Barb

Yes, the info helps, I just have to figure out how to do it on my system, and :doh: unfortunately, I have too much fun over here at GALS, that I find I have no interest in reading technical instructions... Oh well, I will eventually fix it.... in the meantime :cunning:

Edited by givemeabeach