Gerard Butler GALS
heISmyGspot

MGP Official Movie Website

With the release of the trailer scheduled for tomorrow, it appears that the official movie website is about to go "live." If you're interested in taking a sneak peek and/or bookmarking, check it out:

Machine Gun Preacher Official Movie Website

I LOVE PREMIERE "SEASON"! :pointy:

:partytime:

Me too, Holly! It's so exciting to know that we have new Gerry films just around the corner!

Site looks great! Want trailer NOW!!!!

Swannie

The trailer is available on the MGP site through itunes. Just click were it says click :pointy:

Cheryl

Wow. The trailer looks really amazing. This looks like a very high class movie. I wish I could forget production woes before I see it. I feel like that, and my personal views regarding Sam Childers will color the film. Hopefully I can just distance myself.

What does everyone think of the accent that Gerry uses for the film? I was surprised, but not in a good way. It doesn't seem natural to me, and it seems to kind of fade in and out. Poor Gerry... accents are not his forté.

Still, I can't WAIT to see this movie!!! Go Gerry! It looks beautiful!

Steph

The trailer is available on the MGP site through itunes. Just click were it says click :pointy:

Cheryl

That never worked for me. First nothing happened & then I just kept getting error messages.

Worked for me Ren! Do you have an itunes account? I do, but don't know if that makes a difference. The trailer came right up on the MGP site.

Cheryl

Cheryl

That never worked for me. First nothing happened & then I just kept getting error messages.

Use the link that Moira posted above then... it works!

Steph

Great trailer! I can't wait to see this movie. I thought the accent was fine, but I don't focus on that too much in any movie I watch. I'm looking more at the facial expressions and the emotion in the delivery. Access Hollywood played a shorter version today. Hopefully they will start showing the trailer in the theatres soon too. :D

Sara

Just saw it and LOVED it!! Actually watched it twice cause that's how I am with Gerry movies....and apparently trailers as well...LOL

But anyway, all I can say is talk about INTENSE! and 2 intense movies in a row? man I can't wait to see both of them!

My one complaint is this. Why. Why why why why WHY does MGP have to come to theaters WHILE I'M IN COLLEGE WITH NO ACCESS TO A THEATER????Posted Image

*sigh* I guess it's just as well...best to focus on studies and such. And good things come to those who wait....but still. Posted Image LOL

Great trailer! I can't wait to see this movie. I thought the accent was fine, but I don't focus on that too much in any movie I watch. I'm looking more at the facial expressions and the emotion in the delivery. Access Hollywood played a shorter version today. Hopefully they will start showing the trailer in the theatres soon too. :D

Sara

I'm a very auditory person, so I'm big on accents. And Gerry's not the only one I pick on. I'm always pointing out when people's accents are fake. :lol:

Steph

This movie looks amazing! So looking foward to seeing it! Gerry sounds wonderful too, as always.

Delene

The trailer leaves me wanting MORE! I can overlook the little accent glitches because the acting is looking incredible! Looks intense and I can not wait for the movie to come out!

:yay: Frannie

The trailer looks great! I can't wait to see this movie! I sure hope it comes here. :)

Cheryl

Steph

Hi Steph, I had already seen it. In fact, I sent it to Moira. LOL

I was just commenting in case others had problems.

Cheryl

Steph

Oh, sorry Bren. I must've been in "fix it" mode!

Steph

Cheryl

Steph

Oh, sorry Bren. I must've been in "fix it" mode!

Steph

No big deal. I'm like that all the time. I can't help it.

When I went to Barnes & Noble last weekend, I kept stopping to move the books that were out of order. :doh:

If the film lives up to the trailer, all I can say is..wow!!!

I thought Gerry's accent sounded pretty good, and quite different to other american accents he has done.

Oscars here we come!

Gerry......:yourock:

:wow2:

The trailer looks promising, it must be really nice!! I hope not to come out later in Italy ..... I can not wait to see it!

HD youtube

What a great surprise to see this yesterday since we weren't expecting it til today. The trailer certainly packed a punch and hit every emotion just right. Gerry and everyone involved should feel very proud.

If it finds the right audience at TIFF and the critics get behind it I can see this getting the same kind of acclaim as The Last King of Scotland and Hotel Rwanda. These were small films that got the buzz behind them.

It was great to hear Sam is at least pleased with the interpretation of his life story after seeing it yesterday. I think Gerry can relax now he's pleased the most important person - now everything else is a bonus.

Moira

Wow...powerful! This is what Gerry needs to do from now on, it's what he's best at. A friend of mine called his accent a Scottish Southern accent...I agree. Gerry did have a dialect coach too. Now I really can't wait for the movie!Posted ImagePosted Image

:wow2:

The trailer looks promising, it must be really nice!! I hope not to come out later in Italy ..... I can not wait to see it!

HD youtube

sue - gbutts greatest london fan

i have been looking forward to this film for ages, and watching the trailer, which was really brilliant, i am hoping it comes to the uk soon. i know we usually get the films a bit later than in usa. at first, i did wonder about gerrys accent, but after awhile you get used to it. its just that hes got such a strong gorgeous scottish brogue, you notice straight away that hes had to use another accent.

ive always wondered, why, he cant stay scottish. you dont hear that sean connery, pierce brosnan, ewan mcgregor and other irish and scottish actors having to use different accents, and that annoys me. sean connery even played a russian in a couple of films and still used his natural voice.

it was, in the past said, that people wouldnt be able to understand him, but there are numerous accents used from all over the world and even within the same countries, and not many actors have to change.

gbutt should be able to use his own accent. its hard enough having to act and perform your best, without worrying about your voice as well.

in poto he had to speak and sing with a english accent, which i cant understand as he was living in france, so it wouldnt have mattered and you would have thought if anything he would have had a french accent, so that doesnt make sense.

I "reckon" this is going to be an AWESOME movie. I love Gerry's interaction with the kids and I especially love the baptism scene. I melt just hearing him speak - no matter what accent he uses!!!

Saw the trailer the first time and cried! I want SO badly for this film to truly showcase his talent...and if this trailer is any indication, this film will do the job. I haven't minded him doing the rom coms, but to me, Gerry is best when he's letting his inner pain out through the characters he plays. I love him in drama. What remains to be seen, of course, is whether or not all the elements came together for a critically acclaimed performance. I'm so excited for Gerry and for us fans!

Swannie