Gerard Butler GALS
heISmyGspot

MGP Official Movie Website

There are few words to say about this trailer. Awesome, powerful ... just don't seem to be enough. When I watched it the first time, I didn't breathe for the entire 2.5 minutes.

Gerry outdid himself with this one, I truly hope this is what will make the critics and Hollywood elite say, "Huh? Is THIS what we've been missing the whole time?"

I can't wait to see the movie. Lots of Tweets and FB statuses from people who saw Sam's private screening last night. I'm reading nothing but positive comments, and that you need tissues. Hell, I needed a tissue after the trailer!

I am so very proud of him. :wuv:

Lisa

Yeah, what she said and then some!

Update: Sent DH a link to the trailer and just got his note...

"You could be right this time. If he is nominated for an Oscar, we'll never get you off the ceiling...."

You got that right!

Edited by Catwoman

That's one heck of a trailer!! Wasn't too excited about seeing MGP but now I can't wait. He's so good in it. Showing his acting expertise and looking good. I can hardly wait to see this movie. Please let it be in theaters all across U.S. :p

I can't stop watching this trailer.........it's wonderful - beautiful. So's the guy that's playing Sam Childers :wuv:

BlueJean

OMG!! I had goose bumps watching it. I saw Gerry I felt in love with, an amazing brilliant actor who played Jonny, Sam, Eric and Stranger. I can't wait to see the movie. I hope he'll get a recognition he deserves for this one.

OMG!! I had goose bumps watching it. I saw Gerry I felt in love with, an amazing brilliant actor who played Jonny, Sam, Eric and Stranger. I can't wait to see the movie. I hope he'll get a recognition he deserves for this one.

He'd better or I am going to scream! Totally deserves a BUNCH of recognition!

Powerful trailer and Gerry was intense and perfect in the role. His accent did catch my attention because I am used to hearing Gerry's own way of speaking. Of course if you heard Sam speak, Gerry had no choice but to speak like Sam. I'm sure the critics will comment in a negative way over Gerry's accent, they always do. But who cares about the critics. If I love a movie, I am the only critic I care about. Can't wait to see the movie now!

~HUGS~ Kathy

"WOW" seems like such an understatement.

2011 looks to be great year for Mr. Gorgeous. I love both of the trailers.

CORIOLANUS, of course will get lots of press but MPG, oh Baby!

It should electrify the media. All the press hounds will be howling and barking about it.

Terrific work Mr. Butler. :D:yourock:

:igotgals:

:sword:

And as always GALS has the best links to all things GJB!

I have to say...I am usually pretty critical about the accent in an actor's performance, however, overall I was very pleasantly surprised with Gerry's accent in the trailer. The film looks wonderful, and I cannot wait to see it. Gerry works so hard, and while his accent change is def. noticable, I think he sounds fine and I know that accents are not always his strong point....and that's okay...a lot of actors have to work really, really hard to get the accent just right. And the vocal aspect of an actor's performance is very important, it's kind of a package deal you know...and I know, at least in my experience as a film buff, that if a person's accent sounds off, it kind of ruins it for me a bit, especially if they're portraying a real person. An actor having to change their accent is no different than them having to lose or gain weight, or change their hair or appearence.

The Synopsis has been added: http://www.machinegunpreacher.org/movie/synopsis/

SYNOPSIS

Machine Gun Preacher is the inspirational true story of Sam Childers, a former drug-dealing criminal who undergoes an astonishing transformation and finds an unexpected calling as the savior of hundreds of kidnapped and orphaned children. Gerard Butler (300) delivers a searing performance as Childers, the impassioned founder of the Angels of East Africa rescue organization in Golden Globe-nominated director Marc Forster’s (Monster’s Ball, Finding Neverland) moving story of violence and redemption.

When ex-biker-gang member Sam Childers (Butler) makes the life-changing decision to go to East Africa to help repair homes destroyed by civil war, he is outraged by the unspeakable horrors faced by the region’s vulnerable populace, especially the children. Ignoring the warnings of more experienced aide workers, Sam breaks ground for an orphanage where it’s most needed—in the middle of territory controlled by the brutal Lord’s Resistance Army (LRA), a renegade militia that forces youngsters to become soldiers before they even reach their teens.

But for Sam, it is not enough to shelter the LRA’s intended victims. Determined to save as many as possible, he leads armed missions deep into enemy territory to retrieve kidnapped children, restoring peace to their lives - and eventually his own. The explosive, real-life tale of a man who has rescued over a thousand orphans from starvation, disease and enslavement, Machine Gun Preacher also stars Michelle Monaghan (Due Date), Kathy Baker (Cold Mountain), Madeline Carroll (Mr. Popper’s Penguins), Academy Award® nominated Michael Shannon (Revolutionary Road) and Souleymane Sy Savane (“Damages”).

I noticed this a few days ago, but there is a mistake in Gerry's bio under HTTYD.

Butler gave voice to the lead character, the dragon Stoick, in the Oscar®-nominated animated film How to Train Your Dragon.

Sorry, but Stoick was not the lead character OR a dragon.

Edited by Rendita