Gerard Butler GALS

MGP L.A. PREMIERE TICKET!

The Machine Gun Preacher himself, Sam Childers, is putting up for silent auction FOUR of his personal tickets to the highly anticipated premiere of Machine Gun Preacher, in Los Angeles, California, on September 21, 2011!!

An invitation to participate in this auction will be sent to "sister sites" as soon as possible. This opportunity is open to any and all fans! Please feel free to post elsewhere. The object of the game is to raise as much money as possible for Rev. Childers' charity, Angels of East Africa, a 501(c )(3) charitable organization. The details are as follows:

Posted Image

WHAT:

Silent Auction for ONE of FOUR tickets to the L. A. Premiere of MGP, which is a charitable fundraiser for the benefit of AOEA, hosted by Sam Childers and Gerard Butler. At the time of this posting, the details of the event are still being finalized. (As a fundraiser, it is not your "typical" movie premiere.) However, winners will be considered Rev. Childers' personal guests, rubbing elbows with the stars of MGP, including our beloved Gerard Butler! Rev. Childers offers his "personal guarantee**" that winners will have an opportunity get Gerry's autograph and have a moment to BRIEFLY chat with The Man, Himself!!! (Remember that Premiere Nights are extremely hectic for Gerry and EVERYONE wants a moment of his time. Please be prepared to respect his time constraints.) **NOTE: This "personal guarantee" does not apply in the event -- God forbid -- Gerry is unable to appear due to injury, illness or other acts of God. Notwithstanding the disclaimer, the winners will have an opportunity to meet G!

WHEN:

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

HOW:

Email your name and generous bid(s) to: MGPauction@gmail.com (Starting bid is $1,500.00. Just think: Supporting charity AND meeting Gerry!!!)

Routine updates of the highest bid will be sent to all participating site administrators so that they may maintain the information as necessary on their respective sites. If you are a site administrator and wish to participate, please advise via the above-mentioned auction email.

At the close of the auction, on MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 5, 2011, at 9:00 p.m. CDT, the four highest bidders will be announced. Winners will then have 24 hours, or until Tuesday, September 6, 2011, at 9:00 p.m. CDT to paypal funds directly to AOEA. (Further payment instructions to be provided at the time winners are announced). Please be advised that all winners are subject to a background check.

Winners are responsible for all transportation and accommodation expenses. This silent auction is for one ticket that entitles the bearer of same to admission to the theater hosting the premiere. One hundred percent of all proceeds will be used for the benefit AOEA.

Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact organizers at MGPauction@gmail.com

On behalf of Sam Childers and Angels of East Africa, HAPPY BIDDING!

That would be soo amazing! Unfortunately I am planning a wedding and all my money is going to that. However, I was wondering if you wanted to just donate something how would you go about doing that?

Gawd, if I had the money I would so bid for a ticket not only for a chance to be at the premiere and meet Sam and Gbutts but also to help Angels of East Africa. I'll just have to send a small private donation to help out. Also I'm saving for my trip to LA in late winter for the Playing the Field premiere. :cunning:

That would be soo amazing! Unfortunately I am planning a wedding and all my money is going to that. However, I was wondering if you wanted to just donate something how would you go about doing that?

Here's the link to the Angels of East Africa where donations may be made.

Cheryl

That's a very generous offer from Reverand Sam. It's also great to know 100% of monies raised by the 4 winners will go to Angels of East Africa. Gerry will be so appreciative of everyones efforts to raise as much as possible. The added incentive to dig deep is the guarantee (bar catastrophies) in speaking to Gerry that night Posted Image .

They held a benefit for AOEA some months ago which was open to the public to attend and support. It would be great if they did something similar with the premiere so those not successful in this auction who'd still love to attend and show their support are able to do so. Our members are so generous for worthy causes Posted Image

Moira

Here's the link to the Angels of East Africa where donations may be made.

Cheryl

Awesome thanks! :D

I too am unable to bid but admire the fact that they are putting it up for bid. Like so many of you have sent a donation at the preacher's site and also at the soccer site. They weren't large donations but it made me feel better. :) Hope that the response would be the same if something like that happened here.

So nice for Sam to do this...wish I could go , wish I had the money....times are so tight right now....the people who are able to bid, they are going to have the time of their life, I'm sure, if they win.

• 2 weeks later...