Gerard Butler GALS

MGP - Movie Theater listings and relase dates

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh no......I sincerely hope this is not a complete list.

Ren

Looks like we'll have to wait for the DVD. Guess I could drive to Houston, but it's 8 hours round trip. :humph:

That can't be it! Looks like they completely avoided the center of the US and the Pacific northwest! What's up with that? Who decides where this will be showing anyway? That can't be good for boxoffice draw! This thing would really be good out here in my community where there's lots of bikers and biker bars! I don't get it. Hopefully, this is just a partial list.

It's like a Paul McCartney concert schedule!

Delene

It can take four to six weeks for a film like this one to roll out. It took The King's Speech five weeks to roll out to 700 theaters, it's first 'wide release' total. There is plenty of time for it to reach the rest of the country.

j

That can't be it! Looks like they completely avoided the center of the US and the Pacific northwest! What's up with that? Who decides where this will be showing anyway? That can't be good for boxoffice draw! This thing would really be good out here in my community where there's lots of bikers and biker bars! I don't get it. Hopefully, this is just a partial list.

It's like a Paul McCartney concert schedule!

Delene

Well, there's not A LOT of bikers and bikers bars but there's a few. :doh::( I was just miffed. I'm sure that's not a complete list. It can't be.

Delene

I'm sure this is just the initial release dates and locations.

Actually this seems a lot like many other Golden Globe/Oscar contenders from the past.

Release to a few select cities, then build the hype and spread out across the country.

I think it may be a marketing ploy, get people wanting more kind of thing. JMHO.

Cheryl

I'm sure this is just the initial release dates and locations.

Actually this seems a lot like many other Golden Globe/Oscar contenders from the past.

Release to a few select cities, then build the hype and spread out across the country.

I think it may be a marketing ploy, get people wanting more kind of thing. JMHO.

Cheryl

I hope you're right, Cheryl! :)

ME TOO! :tantrum: I don't understand why it's only coming out in certain areas to begin with! This is total BULL! I refuse to fight the city crowd and traffic so if I have to travel such a distance I guess I WON'T be seeing MGP!! Another Gerry movie that doesn't get distributed like all other movies?? I give up!

:( Frannie

I don't understand Hollywood. They put out pictures and trailers and get everyone excited with Oscar talk and then put the movie out in a few theaters. How can that build movie interest? Out of sight, out of mind. I can't believe they left out Colorado completely. "Beowulf" even made it to Colorado. If it doesn't do well in those handful of theaters they will not distribute it further. They are killing this movie. You can bet we are not going to be seeing Coriolanus either. This has got to hurt Gerry's career. His fan base has slipped because it has been ages since he had a movie in a theater. Now this.

~HUGS~ Kathy

SOOOOO many places were ignored on this list! Like... the east coast! It's only showing in NY, MD, and GA. So that means for someone like me in NC (if I were still going to be here at that time... yay!), I'd have to travel at least 6 hours just for a friggin' movie?

This better not be all there is.

And I'll scream if it doesn't get a UK release.

Steph

p.s.- Okay, well I also missed PA and Mass on the list of east coast release, but that still provides no help for those of us from VA to SC!

Edited by AbandonThought

Even though there are two cities in Texas on the list, they're so far away from where I live they might as well be in other states! Dallas is over 300 miles away and Houston is over 200 miles away. At least a 4 hour drive, ONE way to see a movie. I thought about flying to Houston, but then, I'd have to rent a car to get to the theater and back to the airport. Taxis would be out of the question....way too expensive. :(

Even though there are two cities in Texas on the list, they're so far away from where I live they might as well be in other states! Dallas is over 300 miles away and Houston is over 200 miles away. At least a 4 hour drive, ONE way to see a movie. I thought about flying to Houston, but then, I'd have to rent a car to get to the theater and back to the airport. Taxis would be out of the question....way too expensive. :(

Elissa, my car doesn't take 4 hours to get to Houston. :lol:

Ren

Wasn't this movie originally planning on coming out in 2012 and they moved it back in limited release because of the possible Oscar nom? Perhaps they're putting it out early for that and then when it gets all the attention from a nom or even a win, it's more widely distributed. It could be an advertising ploy. That's why there's been no trailer in theaters yet. Just a thought.

Delene

Edited by GBPhanatic

Ren

Mine doesn't either, to the western city limit. I can do that in 3 hours. ;) But then there's the drive across town to the theater which is off the very heavily travelled Southwest Freeway. That's at least 45 minutes, if the traffic cooperates. :) How fast are you driving GALfriend? :spit:

Edited by Lady Elissa

Also, they could be waiting on it's response at TIFF to decide how much and where to distribute it wider. I know I was upset about the short list but I have no doubt that I will get to see it at some point. Too bad I don't have an extra $1500 laying around or I'd go see it with Gerry! Talk about an expensive date! :spit:

Delene

Ren

That's because you have that hot little sports car, Ren! :kisswink:

Steph