Gerard Butler GALS

New Film Clip!

heISmyGspot

Check out the new film clip posted at EW! It gives me chills in a "moving" kind of way (not in an "impure thoughts about a Preacher" kinda way ;))

(The pictures used in the clip are actual photos from Sam's orphanage, btw...)

I've said this from the get-go...Gerry doesn't just ACT the character, he BECOMES the character. Watch his face as the scene becomes more intense. He becomes flushed and the vein in his forehead and the veins in his neck dilate. Wow! I can see where the Oscar talk got started. One month - Bethesda, here I ARRIVE!

I'm reminded of Gerry's interview when he was filming "Attila". He said, "He's a powerful, powerful character" in that wonderful Scottish brogue.

So, my feelings can best be described by Gerard Butler himself from the above interview. :lol:

Can't wait to see this film.

Oh, by the way, the song playing on the trailer of the film was haunting to me...and I found it on You Tube.

"Revival" by Soulsavers

OMG! You see, this is why I couldn't have done that walk on part right there. I'm too much of an ad libber. I would have been so mesmerized and taken in by Gerry's realistic performance that I would have gotten caught up in the moment, stopped right there and nudged the banker and said "Ah, come on! Give the guy a loan, for gawd's sake!" :doh:

Can't wait for this film! They need to sell boxes of tissues with the tickets. They'd make a fortune!

Delene

Loved it so far; but what is with the negative comment about his accent already? Why do some critics insist on picking on his accents? GET OVER IT; I wish someone would "reply" to this idiots rant on that site and tell him where he needs to put his hearing aid because he obviously NEEDS one to make comments like that....Love the role; love the man...hate the "male" critics who are jealous of Gerry's body/looks/ and yes accent...

What was said about the accent? I haven't heard even the slightest hint of Scottish in his voice which I'm sure was really hard to do especially when the scene was intense. I knew that keeping his natural accent out of the movie was really really important cuz I'm sure some people will be listening for it to crucify him. Anyone seen the whole movie yet so they can tell me if he sustains the "no Scottish" accent throughout the entire film?

What was said about the accent? I haven't heard even the slightest hint of Scottish in his voice which I'm sure was really hard to do especially when the scene was intense. I knew that keeping his natural accent out of the movie was really really important cuz I'm sure some people will be listening for it to crucify him. Anyone seen the whole movie yet so they can tell me if he sustains the "no Scottish" accent throughout the entire film?

It is at the end of the page where we leave our comments:

SamC

Wed 08/31/11 7:42 AMIm sorry, but is no one else put off by Butlers awful faux accent? Its been wigging me out since I saw that trailer. What is it, New Yorker + Texan with strong dashes of Australian?

Note this guy seems to be a "nit picker" when it comes to anything Butler!..I hate people like that; if they don't have anything nice to say in the comments; don't make one..right?

Edited by may