Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry on Howard Stern this morning 09/14

Rendita

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stern is the king of the "shock" jocks. That's what his show is based on. You had to know he'd put Gerry on the spot and even he seemed a bit uncomfortable.

Delene

Edited by GBPhanatic

I'm sure Gerry knew what he was getting into. Gerry doesn't seem like a shy guy, but he didn't really look very comfortable.

Incidentally, Howard Stern has a movie called "Private Parts." That movie actually explains a lot about him. However, if you watch the movie, remember who its about. Very rated R.

Is there a full version anywhere?

Edited by mumbleram

He also spoke a bit after the interview. Here is the link:

http://www.siriusxm.com/howardweb/mp3/91401.mp3

If anyone wants the full version of the actual interview please PM me. It runs for 1h 20min. It is very R rated but Gerry seemed to enjoy it and play along. He handled it brilliantly and he came off as a very smart person. I was proud of him because Howard Stern is not an easy interviewer. Gerry was very open and honest and there is a lot of interesting talk about his Dad and also about Gerry's private life which only proves that Gerry is a lot more thoughtful and serious than he gets credit for. If you listen to the interview with an open mind you will find it very revealing about Gerry the person and it is very clear that he wanted people to know this stuff about him.

Also Howard Stern was very impressed with MGP and Gerry as an actor and he was all praises!

Theresa

What purpose does that interview serve?

I thought he was supposed to be promoting MGP -

I watched about 10 seconds of it, and now I'm off to scrub my eyes, ears and brain with disinfectant. :doh:

Barb if you listen to the whole interview they talk about MGP extensively and Howard Stern praises both the film and Gerry.

I wish they had given us a video of the whole interview and not just this naughty teaser which doesn't depict all the interesting stuff mentioned in the full version.

Theresa

Hubby used to listen to ol' Howard years ago but (fortunately) burnt out on him quickly. The man's smart but he'll practice good taste and class when

Posted Image

When I heard Gerry was going to be on, I thought oh, NO. I'm not at all surprised HS pulled that nasty shite on poor Gerry. That little YouTube clip was embarrassing to watch - I actually turned it off...

Posted Image

Paisley

What purpose does that interview serve?

I thought he was supposed to be promoting MGP -

I watched about 10 seconds of it, and now I'm off to scrub my eyes, ears and brain with disinfectant. :doh:

Barb if you listen to the whole interview they talk about MGP extensively and Howard Stern praises both the film and Gerry.

I wish they had given us a video of the whole interview and not just this naughty teaser which doesn't depict all the interesting stuff mentioned in the full version.

Theresa

Teresa, you box is full! I would love to hear the full interview with HS. I did try the link posted on WO but it wouldn't open for me. Do you have the interview on a different format? Thanks,

Swannie

For those not wanting to listen to Stern I can tell you that he really seemed to warm to Gerard and praised MGP om many occasions throughout the interview. Gerard seemed on top form and seemed to be able to side step the more idiotic questions remarkably well especially regarding his female co stars.

He was very open about his pst troubles with drink and drugs( refused to say what his drugs of choice were) He gave away much more about his parental dynamic Mum's persoanlity like Gerard; Step - Dad which he described as a great man seems to have been a quite but loving influence in his life.

Talked a lot about his own father, most of which is common knowledge but Gerard seems much more aware of his fathers shortcomings that in previous interviews. I felt rather sad for Gerard at this point as this was very personal and made me more uneasy than the sexual content.

Talked about his years as a lawyer which is again common knowledge but seemed to fascinate Stern. As did the speed at which he got into acting after his dismissal from the law firm.

Interesting section on why he thought he was single. Very mature thought process. He feels his work and personal issues make the whole nature of relationships difficult. Made an interesting comment that he thinks some actors marry just to say that they are not single anymore. Wondered why being single is seen as a lesser status so to speak, On being married is puzzled how people stay together for life, seems to be much more aware why his relationships do not work than he let on, but came across as more mature about his failures than in any other interview I have heard.

Has been in love. Was ignored a lot by the ladies during the law years as we was always broke. Stern commented on his drinking days he sounded suicidal and you get the feeling Gerard was in way more trouble that the print interviews we have read previously have led us to believe.

For those who are not interested in the more salacious moments of Gerard's past look awaey now.

Gerry was 17 when he first had sex to a 23 year old women

In all I still have not covered everything. Gerard came over very well in a very tricky situation. Even he was shocked by the shows content at times but he remained calm, open and friendly answered questioned as honestly as he could under the circumstances. Oddly this interview showed Gerard at his best smart, funny and honest about his failings.

He is painfully aware that his reputation as a ladies man affects his career and this was the closest he got to being angry as he feels the media has made him into something he is not even after many denials regarding dating co stars. He really sounded fed up in that regard,

Stern mentioned that an Oscar nod or win could be on the cards. Gerard seemed embarrassed but very proud of the movie.

The oddest thing is that for all Sterns faults and the lurid sexual content he got a 1 hour 20 mins interview that was fascinating.

You wonder if Gerard might regret how open he was about his late father especially, and although Stern could easily be accused of overstepping the mark in this matter Stern seemed genuinely unnerved by the news of his Gerards father's death.

He also actually gave Gerard fatherly advice some of which was rather crude but Stern definitely liked him.

MGP might be getting a larger roll out release as well so even though many might query his appearance he seemed to have won on DJ over with ease.

Best Wishes.

J.

Edited by pothos

Stern is the king of the "shock" jocks. That's what his show is based on. You had to know he'd put Gerry on the spot and even he seemed a bit uncomfortable.

Delene

Absolutely! One of my worse nightmare as a fan, and it was exactly what I knew it would be. This xxx-rated interview was just what Howard Stern's interviews are. I found the Stern's XM Sirius channel on my way home from work. A replay, I guess. I was really thinking it was going to be tomorrow morning. I missed the first 8 minutes or so, but what I heard . . . !!!

At the heart of it, Stern is a good interviewer and he did praise the movie strongly several times. That in itself was worth hearing. Other than the things I already knew about Gerry (which is probably too much anyway), the language and sexual conversation topics, I could have done without. I could not bear listening to some of it out loud, turn it down or off several times.

Edited by aprilxxi

This it to everyone who asked me for the full interview link. When I try it by myself it works fine but it seems something happens when I copy paste it in a PM. So if you still want it please PM me your e-mail address and I will send it there.

Also some nice person uploaded the sound of the interview on Youtube in six parts. Here is the first one and you take it from there:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TQSUuHieTg&feature=youtu.be

Theresa

Edited by terezoulini

Wow I'm obviously in the minority here but I LOVED this interview! I thought it was one of the best Gerry has ever done. He was so open and handled Howard with class and humor. Hearing more about his father was heartwarming and sad. Delving more into the person that Gerry is made me feel closer to him as a fan. Sure Howard and Robin were their normal stupid selves, but it's Gerry's responses that matter, and he was divine.

I hope people can put their prejudices aside and give it a chance because we get a glimpse of Gerry the man, not just the movie star machine.

Bravo, Gerry!!! I'm glad I downloaded this and will listen again.

Lisa

Edited by phoenixgirl

I Am not a big fan of Howard Stern's but the interview was interesting. He did seem to put words into Gerry's mouth quite a few times, but Gerry held his own. He is a good sport dealing with Stern and it was interesting learning a few more things about Gerry.

Good Job Gerry!!

Lisa, I loved it too! Sure it was raunchy in parts, but I think it gave us a truer picture of Gerry than any interview we've seen before. Gerry said things and revealed more depth in himself and in the life he has led than past interviews. I think Howard really keyed off how much Gerry has been negatively impacted by his father's desertion, and Howard made observations about Gerry's motives in life that no other publication or media appearance has. This interview showed me that Gerry IS the man we've known him to be. The gossip rags and websites have it all wrong about him, and despite Howard's potty mouth and the shock value here, I think he "got" the real Gerry. Gerry is complicated, spiritual, earthy, romantic, obsessive, passionate, sometimes raunchy and irreverent, shallow, deep, caring, sweet, gruff, grouchy, thoughtful and thoughtless all rolled into one fascinating human being!

LOVE HIM!

Swannie

Wow I'm obviously in the minority here but I LOVED this interview! I thought it was one of the best Gerry has ever done. He was so open and handled Howard with class and humor. Hearing more about his father was heartwarming and sad. Delving more into the person that Gerry is made me feel closer to him as a fan. Sure Howard and Robin were their normal stupid selves, but it's Gerry's responses that matter, and he was divine.

I hope people can put their prejudices aside and give it a chance because we get a glimpse of Gerry the man, not just the movie star machine.

Lisa

Lisa...Because I respect your judgement I did go to YouTube and listened to all 6 parts. I feel like I know Gerry now better than I ever did. He gave up a lot of himself in that interview. I was surprised at that because he is usually very private. It was worth listening to even though Howard was doing his thing but not as much as I thought he would. Howard seemed genuinely interested in Gerry's life story and especially in Gerry's father and how his father may have played a role in Gerry's turbulent younger years. I found it quite interesting and at times I felt quite sad for Gerry.

~HUGS~ Kathy

Lisa

Lisa...Because I respect your judgement I did go to YouTube and listened to all 6 parts. I feel like I know Gerry now better than I ever did. He gave up a lot of himself in that interview. I was surprised at that because he is usually very private. It was worth listening to even though Howard was doing his thing but not as much as I thought he would. Howard seemed genuinely interested in Gerry's life story and especially in Gerry's father and how his father may have played a role in Gerry's turbulent younger years. I found it quite interesting and at times I felt quite sad for Gerry.

~HUGS~ Kathy

Thank you, Kathy. :hug1:

Yes, Howard and Robin were their normal moronic selves at times, but what matters most is Gerry's handling of and reaction to the stupidity. He didn't answer what he didn't want to, said things he really wanted to say, and like you said we "know him" better than we did before. I think Howard also showed more respect to Gerry than I've ever heard him show in the past, and I attribute that to Gerry more than Howard. Gerry engenders respect, and even though they kibbutzed a lot, I think the interview was meaty and way more intelligent than the stupid crap we hear in press junkets.

Lisa

~HUGS~ Kathy

Thank you, Kathy. :hug1:

Yes, Howard and Robin were their normal moronic selves at times, but what matters most is Gerry's handling of and reaction to the stupidity. He didn't answer what he didn't want to, said things he really wanted to say, and like you said we "know him" better than we did before. I think Howard also showed more respect to Gerry than I've ever heard him show in the past, and I attribute that to Gerry more than Howard. Gerry engenders respect, and even though they kibbutzed a lot, I think the interview was meaty and way more intelligent than the stupid crap we hear in press junkets.

Lisa, I so agree with everything you said. I was pleasantly surprised at how well Howard covered Gerry's life and he certainly loved MGP and Gerry's portrayal. I thought Howard showed Gerry so much respect as an actor. I loved that!

~HUGS~ Kathy