Gerard Butler GALS
becozy

10/13- "Variety" reports Gerard Butler in talks for "Hunter Killer"

With #GerardButler earning strong reviews for his dramatic turn in Relativity Media's "Machine Gun Preacher," the Scottish actor has reteamed with the studio that supported his passion project, as he's in negotiations to star in Antoine Fuqua's "Hunter Killer."Source

(article continues) Based on the novel "Firing Point" by George Wallace and Don Keith, story follows an untested submarine captain who must work with a Navy SEAL team to rescue Russia's president, who's taken prisoner during a military coup. The two sides team to stop a rogue Russian general from igniting World War III.

Butler is in talks to play Capt. Joe Glass, the commander of the USS Toledo, while "Avatar" star Sam Worthington is being eyed for the role of Bill Beaman, the leader of a special Navy SEAL unit called the Dev Group.

Original Film's Neal Moritz and Toby Jaffe are producing with Relativity CEO Ryan Kavanaugh. Relativity's recently promoted co-prexy Tucker Tooley will exec produce the pic, adapted by Jamie Moss, John Kolvenbach and Arne Schmidt. Studio is currently targeting a winter start date.

"Hunter Killer" is skedded to open Dec. 21, 2012, the day Disney would've opened "Lone Ranger" before it was pushed to May 31, 2013. Pic's current box office competition includes Paramount's Brad Pitt starrer "World War Z," Fox 2000's "Life of Pi" and Universal's untitled Judd Apatow comedy.

Butler next stars in Ralph Fiennes' "Coriolanus" and Relativity's untitled omnibus comedy from producers Peter Farrelly and Charles B. Wessler. Thesp recently wrapped Gabriele Muccino's soccer comedy "Playing the Field" and will soon begin filming Curtis Hanson's surfing pic "Of Men & Mavericks."

Butler is repped by Alan Siegel Entertainment and CAA, which also reps Worthington and Fuqua.

Wow now that sounds thrilling; I love the "race towards another WW war" movies...And he is a Navy Seal....?PURRRRFECT! THANKS Becozy..

Wow now that sounds thrilling; I love the "race towards another WW war" movies...And he is a Navy Seal....?PURRRRFECT! THANKS Becozy..

Yes, it does!

IndieWire offered this in their article:

"Summit has been very aggressive with “Hunter Killer,” earmarking the picture for a December 2012 release date for months as Phillip Noyce decided whether he was the right man for the director’s chair. Though he left the project in August, Summit continued to show faith in the adaptation of George Wallace‘s best-seller “Firing Point,” bringing on Antoine Fuqua to direct. And with a winter start date being eyed, it looks like they have their leading men."

"Summit’s an aggressive company, but they aren’t stupid, so it wouldn’t be surprising for them to either postpone that winter start date and select a 2013 release strategy, or go full force and shoot this quickly."

I know we had heard rumblings about this earlier, so it sounds like it's closer to happening. Should be a great project for Gerry

May, it doesn't sound to me like Gerry's character would be a Navy Seal. I believe he would be playing Capt. Joe Glass, the submarine commander.

Ren

I know we had heard rumblings about this earlier, so it sounds like it's closer to happening. Should be a great project for Gerry

May, it doesn't sound to me like Gerry's character would be a Navy Seal. I believe he would be playing Capt. Joe Glass, the submarine commander.

Ren

:doh: Yes Ren; now I see it Lol...

Based on the novel "Firing Point" by George Wallace and Don Keith, story follows an untested submarine captain who must work with a Navy SEAL team to rescue Russia's president, who's taken prisoner during a military coup. The two sides team to stop a rogue Russian general from igniting World War III.

Butler is in talks to play Capt. Joe Glass, the commander of the USS Toledo, while "Avatar" star Sam Worthington is being eyed for the role of Bill Beaman, the leader of a special Navy SEAL unit called the Dev Group.

But being a Captain of a submarine; he would have to be in the Navy at the time no? I DO love a man in uniform... :yummy:

:unsure: The date is a little scarry though December 21'2012..isn't that when the end of the world is supposed to happen...?hehhe

Went into Amazon to find the book Firing Point and it is going to be released the 4th of July weekend, 2012. Published by Signet and 704 pages it must be a great read to get prime summer distribution slot. Leads into the movie shown during xmas vacation...I bet they will be promoting the heck out of both.

Edited by Lady Ski Bum

Ren

EITHER WAY, IT'S MILITARY! AND YE KNOW THAT THAT MEANS!?! HAAAIRRRRCCCUUUTTTTTT!

Posted Image

:streaker:

:party::pillowfight::partytime::drink::Flickmybean:

Went into Amazon to find the book Firing Point and it is going to be released the 4th of July weekend, 2012. Published by Signet and 704 pages it must be a great read to get prime summer distribution slot. Leads into the movie shown during xmas vacation...I bet they will be promoting the heck out of both.

I remember this from when the possibility of this project was first discussed. I think it's an accomplishment in itself to be starring in a film where the book has not even been published yet. I see very high hopes.

Sharon

Ren

EITHER WAY, IT'S MILITARY! AND YE KNOW THAT THAT MEANS!?! HAAAIRRRRCCCUUUTTTTTT!

Posted Image

:funnyup: :funnyup: :funnyup:

:humph:

I take it that some fans are not pleased with his long and curly locks?.. I'm with you; and loved his Terry Sheridan look...

Edited by may

I take it that some fans are not pleased with his long and curly locks?.. I'm with you; and loved his Terry Sheridan look...

You would be CO-RRECT!

I'm GIDDY at the mere prospect of a hair cut!!

That's an unusual title. I'm trying to figure out which is the good guy and which is the bad, the hunter or the killer? Maybe that's a working title again.

Delene

Edited by GBPhanatic

That's an unsual title. I'm trying to figure out which is the good guy and which is the bad, the hunter or the killer? Maybe that's a working title again.

Delene

:detect:Hi Delene; I'm only guessing here;but it must be the guy that stops the Russians starting a WWIII that would be the hero? The thing I get from the little clues in the bio is that "wills" clash between the novice Captain and the Navy Seal opperator in this endeavor...I could be wrong but that is what it suggests to me at least...

Wow Gspot didn't know you loved his cropped look that much! Must admit; I do love a clean shaven well cropped man my self.. ahem.:pointy:

I'm only guessing here;but it must be the guy that stops the Russians starting a WWIII that would be the hero?

I would say your guess would have to be correct, May, but it was more a rhetorical question and a joke in reference to the odd title. :doh::crack:

:kiss:

Delene

My guess is that Gerry will have a haircut AND a shave. It is the Navy right? My only worry is that Relativity is involved in this movie. Gerry must be OK at how Relativity is handling MGP.

~HUGS~ Kathy

I hope Gerry does the movie as a Navy Seal! My son is in the Navy! He is a submariner stationed in Norfolk, Va! Gerry will get in even better shape to be a Navy Seal!

I'm only guessing here;but it must be the guy that stops the Russians starting a WWIII that would be the hero?

I would say your guess would have to be correct, May, but it was more a rhetorical question and a joke in reference to the odd title. :doh::crack:

:kiss:

Delene

:funnyup:You make me laugh so much Delene...Hey there Josee; I'm a Quebecer too! Glad to see you posting here...Hi Laxmom;my son is in the Army and has been for 23 years now; love men in uniform,,,so does my daughter in-law Lol. Yup Kathy; a shave AND a hair cut; wow now that is worth waiting for....sigh

I love it that Gerry plays all these American parts and gets to hone his American accent but when is he going to get to play a sexy Scotsman again so we can drown in that delicious accent of his before it's totally gone? I mean Stoic The Vast is all well and good but I hardly get the same warm and fuzzy while watching an animated viking!

Delene

Orlando Sentinel made this comment when announcing that Gerry and Sam would be in "Hunter Killer"....

So Butler and Worthington, a couple of guys who have to hide their accents, will play the two American he-man roles. A sad statement on America’s ability to produce manly men action heroes for the movies.

A lot of truth to that. Where are all of the American men?

~HUGS~ Kathy

I love it that Gerry plays all these American parts and gets to hone his American accent but when is he going to get to play a sexy Scotsman again so we can drown in that delicious accent of his before it's totally gone?

Delene

Wait until March and we will get PTF or whatever they will end up calling it!

Theresa

Ren

Posted Image

You are a woman out of my own heart! This is exactly what I thought too. Actually, to be honest, my husband thought it first. He said, "Finally, your friend is gonna get a haircut. He desperately needs one!" LOL!

Theresa

My guess is that Gerry will have a haircut AND a shave. It is the Navy right?

~HUGS~ Kathy

Yes, the thought of a shave as well crossed my mind but we cannot be too optimistic. Let's not be greedy. I am sure there are navy captains with beards. Or not? I wouldn't know. Can we hope that there is some rule in the US navy that demands for its officers to be clean shaven? Could some of us be that lucky? Could it be that we will have "Terry Sheridan" again?

:humph:

You think? "Some fans" are not happy at all the longer the hair gets. It was OK about a year ago when he did the L'Oreal shoot but now it's gotten out of hand and too defocusing. We kept (almost) quiet for a year in order not to ruin for those who like the curls, but now it's time for a manly haircut! I hope they start shooting right after Christmas which is not soon enough for me. :-)

Theresa

Anyone remember when he did his interview with George Strombo in CBC's The Hour? During that interview Gerry himself said he didn't like the Phantom's hair because if was too "girlish"...

Ok I cannot keep this in any longer. I am probably the only person who will mourn the loss of Gerard's longer hair. Not only does my mind immediately reference roles such as The Jury I actually love the wildness of it and although I can imagine many wish they could put a comb through it just does something for me.

Those images he did for LA Confidential will remain a very happy memory for quite some time.

So even though I am a minority of one who has enjoyed the Giant Haystacks years (UK 1970's reference) spare a thought that your joy will be my sadness

Best Wishes.

Jude.

Jude, you are NOT alone! I love G's curly locks! His Marek look makes my heart go all pittypat! However, I like tamed curls like Drac's the best. Men with curly hair can still be well groomed if it's properly cut. I think Gerry's hair now is intentionally long and wild for the surfer role. But I will miss the lovely curls when they go away.

I am an Air Force brat and bride, and I know the AF does not allow beards. However, I thought the Navy did. Am I wrong?

Suzie