Gerard Butler GALS
ginnywhit

2012 Convention

It's about that time again to start making plans for the 2012 convention. Heard the date is June 7 - 9ths. Would like confirmation so I can book air flight....

I thought about going next year but then decided to go to LA instead for the Playing the Field premiere...higher chance of meeting Gerry and I haven't been to LA before.

It's about that time again to start making plans for the 2012 convention. Heard the date is June 7 - 9ths. Would like confirmation so I can book air flight....

Verra verra soon Giny! The new Convention website will be up shortly and then we'll be all set to roll on the next Convention :pointy:

Awesome, Can't wait to hear all about it.

Must start saving NOW!! :pant::tantrum:

I thought about going next year but then decided to go to LA instead for the Playing the Field premiere...higher chance of meeting Gerry and I haven't been to LA before.

Yes, Christine, I've heard a number of people opt out of attending the conventions & going to premieres instead. So much going on in LA the week of a premiere. It's a real whirlwind of events to enjoy!

Miss S

Yes, Christine, I've heard a number of people opt out of attending the conventions & going to premieres instead. So much going on in LA the week of a premiere. It's a real whirlwind of events to enjoy!

Miss S

Yes, premieres are a lot of fun, and there is a greater chance of seeing or meeting Gerry. However, seeing or meeting Gerry isn't the reason to attend the convention. The convention is for raising money for charity and having fun with like-minded Gerry fans from all over. Those who attend the convention thinking they will meet Gerry will very likely be very disappointed.

Miss S

Yes, premieres are a lot of fun, and there is a greater chance of seeing or meeting Gerry. However, seeing or meeting Gerry isn't the reason to attend the convention. The convention is for raising money for charity and having fun with like-minded Gerry fans from all over. Those who attend the convention thinking they will meet Gerry will very likely be very disappointed.

Lady Elissa, you are right. The convention is so much more than just meeting Gerry. It's making real connections to woman from all over the States and the charity work we do is what life if all about. Helping people and I hope, bringing some sunshine into their lives for a brief moment. Sorry, Christine and Miss S could not do both for GB Gals convention is something well worth doing!

Going to the Gals Convention for my first time last year was an unforgettable, fabulous experience that I wouldn't trade for anything. And, as it is easily seen above, many of us already are making plans for 2012.

It's never entered my mind to compare going to the Gals convention to going to a premiere to "meet Gerry." To me, the reasons to do either are completely different.

I go to the convention for several reasons, but first and foremost to support Gerry and his achievements as the fan I am of his work, which also is why I found Gals. I also go to see the unbelievable women (and some men as well) from around the world who share their admiration, love and support of Gerry, their life experiences, fun and enjoyment. I've never expected Gerry to be there. Of course, I'm sure he'd always be welcome!

I hope others realize that there is so much more to enjoying Gerry's career out there. I don't know that I've expressed my thoughts clearly. Suffice it to say that there is much fun, Gerriness, and enjoyment to be had at the convention. A fan would never be disappointed.

Leslie

Edited by lovetheeloquence

I cant wait to go to this convention. I been wanting to meet every gerry fan in person ever since I came here. :pointy: