Gerard Butler GALS

10/25/11 - Screen Daily reports Gerry to "Thunder Run"

becozy

http://www.screendai...5033730.article

HPI to kick off AFM sales on 3D action thriller Thunder Run

25 October, 2011 | By Jeremy Kay

Gerard Butler, Sam Worthington and Matthew McConaughey will star in Freedom Films' upcoming action thriller with Simon West set to direct. Hyde Park International and new preseident Ruzanna Kegeyan will start pre-sales at the market next week.

Freedom Films CEO Brian Presley will produce alongside Carissa Buffel and Kevin Matusow and The Graphic Film Co's Jib Polhemus. Additional casting will be announced next week.

Thunder Run is based on the novel by Pulitzer Prize-winning correspondent David Zucchino, in which he recounts the capture of Baghdad by US forces in the early days of the Iraq War. Robert Port and Ken Nolan are adapting the screenplay.

Freedom Films is represented by Jay Cohen of the Gersh Agency

I looked up a few links:

Brian Presley at Freedom Films/bio

Freedom Films website for Thunder Run

Based on the novel by Pulitzer Prize-winning correspondent David Zucchino, THUNDER RUN is the untold story of the dangerous and bloody capture of Baghdad by American forces. In April 2003, three battalions and fewer than a thousand men launched a violent thrust of tanks and Bradley Fighting Vehicles into the heart of a city of five million, igniting a three-day blitzkrieg, which military professionals often refer to as a lightning strike, or "thunder run." In telling the story of the surprise assault on Baghdad- one of the most decisive battles in recent American combat history- this movie paints the harrowing picture of the soldiers on the front lines and the realities of modern warfare.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Gerard Butler as Colonel Eric Schwartz Sam Worthington as Colonel David Perkins

Matthew McConaughet as Colonel Wesley

Production Credits (NY Times)

Full Production Credits »

Well this is interesting! What happened to Gerry and Sam doing "Hunter Killer"?? Same genre really. Tapping in to the 3D market too. I like the sound of this better then HK.

Thanks for the info, Barb.

Delene

Well this is interesting! What happened to Gerry and Sam doing "Hunter Killer"?? Same genre really. Tapping in to the 3D market too. I like the sound of this better then HK.

Thanks for the info, Barb.

Delene

Be still my heart..... :faint:

This sounds really interesting. I always wanted to see Gerry in a military uniform. I wonder who will get top billing? I hope we get to see this one in a theater. Looks like Hollywood is finally convinced that Gerry can play an American with an American accent. It's about time!

~HUGS~ Kathy

I refuse to get excited about this till the ink is dry on the contract! There was a rumor about "The Brick Layer" so I bought the book. Then they were talking about "Hunter-Killer" and I got excited because that sounded like a perfect role for Gerry. Now we have this one. Till G is ready to shoot the movie, I refuse to believe it! (And I'm not buying the book yet either!)

Suzie

Gerry in 3D! :cunning: 300 should've been done in 3D so we could feel like his naked body was right there waiting to be....massaged. :drool1::cunning:

You know they can go back and redo it in 3D I think. I'm always amazed at technology these days! I'm still waiting for smellivision. :spit:

Delene

Gerry in 3D! :cunning: 300 should've been done in 3D so we could feel like his naked body was right there waiting to be....massaged. :drool1::cunning:

You know they can go back and redo it in 3D I think. I'm always amazed at technology these days! I'm still waiting for smellivision. :spit:

Delene

OMG, YES! :drool1:

Another source is confirming Thunder Run!

Butler, Worthington & McConaughey Set for CG 3-D Thunder Run: True Story from Baghdad Front Lines

As Marc Forster's biopic Machine Gun Preacher stumbles at the box office and Ralph Fiennes' upcoming Shakespeare drama Coriolanus is more likely to play for the Academy crowd than general audiences, Gerard Butler is heading back toward action fare. He's set to star with Sam Worthington and Matthew McConaughey in Iraq war movie Thunder Run, a CG 3-D action-thriller from macho director Simon West (Con Air, Tomb Raider, The Mechanic).

Thunder Run is based on correspondent Davd Zucchino's novel Thunder Run - The Armored Strike to Capture Baghdad, which chronicles the true story of soldiers on the front line of this 2003 battle. Black Hawk Down scripters Robert Port and Ken Nolan are adapting the novel. More details below:

Freedom Films are producing alongside the Graphic Film Company. Hyde Park will handle international sales. Freedom Films' Brian Presley says the film, which has been in development for five years, will be the "first ever conventional war film made to utilize this revolutionary facial and motion capture technology and state of the art CG and 3D."

Thunder Run is the untold story of the dangerous and bloody capture of Baghdad by American Forces at the onset of the Iraq War. In April 2003, three battalions and fewer than a thousand men launched a violent thrust of tanks and Bradley Fighting Vehicles into the heart of a city of five million, igniting a three-day blitzkrieg, which military professionals often refer to as a lightning strike, or "thunder run." In telling the story of the surprise assault on Baghdad- one of the most decisive battles in recent American combat history story paints the harrowing picture of the soldiers on the front lines and the realities of modern warfare.

Gerard Butler is heading back toward action fare. He's set to star with Sam Worthington and Matthew McConaughey in Iraq war movie Thunder Run, a CG 3-D action-thriller from macho director Simon West (Con Air, Tomb Raider, The Mechanic).

The announcement of this was focused on Gerry, for some reason, and his two recent film releases. That seems strange since Sam and Matthew are big stars too.

So this means it's official or a rumor, someone's wishful thinking, or just for the "shock and awe"? It's listed in pre-production and I'm excited if it's true. I think this would be a good one.

I found this...

http://www.freedomfilmsllc.com/films/thunder-run

Gerry's supposed to play a character named "Eric Schwartz".

In moments of chaos, intelligence is never decisive. Preparing for the initial thunder run, Lieutenant Colonel Eric Schwartz, commander of Task Force 1-64 Armor, asked his intelligence officer what he knew about Iraqi strength and dispositions in Baghdad. After a “vague, long-winded answer,” Schwartz put it to his staff: “So you don’t know "bleep" about the enemy in the city, do you?” Answered the intelligence officer: “No, not really.”[3]

I'm just wondering if the ACTORS know about this yet! :unsure:

Delene

I refuse to get excited about this till the ink is dry on the contract! There was a rumor about "The Brick Layer" so I bought the book. Then they were talking about "Hunter-Killer" and I got excited because that sounded like a perfect role for Gerry. Now we have this one. Till G is ready to shoot the movie, I refuse to believe it! (And I'm not buying the book yet either!)

Suzie

Suzie, does that mean he is not going to do the Bricklayer? I bought the book also, but if he isn't going

to make the movie, I won't read it.

Love him absolutely,

Sandy

The author of "The Bricklayer" just died recently so maybe that is going to hold things up for a while. I have the book and it has a great character for Gerry to play, so I hope he eventually films it. I also heard they have a screenwriter working on it.

~HUGS~ Kathy

The author of "The Bricklayer" just died recently so maybe that is going to hold things up for a while. I have the book and it has a great character for Gerry to play, so I hope he eventually films it. I also heard they have a screenwriter working on it.

~HUGS~ Kathy

I hope he does make this movie. It's a good mystery and he is right for the part. It would not be academy award type movie but it would be a very good mystery movie esp. if the woman is picked carefully.